Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was diagnosed yesterday :(

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: I was diagnosed yesterday :(

Hi Greenlady

Like you I was diagnosed with stage 2 invasive lobular cancer. Your kids will still have their mummy as with surgery and treatment there is often a very good outcome. I had the MRI to and had my surgery this week. Keep positive lovely. I know it's hard when you get the diagnosis and my head was all over the place. The teams at the hospital are brilliant and will look after you. Be kind to yourself and take each day at a time 

good luck and sending positive thoughts x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry to see you’re joining us Greenlady.

The early days of diagnosis are a such a shock, we’ve all been there & inevitably, the mind goes into anxiety overdrive in trying to fill in the gaps, hence thinking the very worst, when it normally never turns out to be as bad as where our imagination takes us. 

Honestly, this stage does pass when your treatment plan is in place & you know what’s going to happen & when. 

Of course it doesn’t feel like it, but thankfully it will now be dealt with & the vast majority of us get through it all & get back to our lives. Treatment is excellent now.

There is loads of support from us all here, so come & chat or vent whenever you need to & when you start treatment do look at the ‘going through treatment’ board. You’re not alone in dealing with this. 

Sending hugs

ann x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry for the odd layout of the message  - no idea what has happened ?!

Highlighted
Community Champion

@Greenlady wrote:
Hi everyone, i was diagnosed with stage 2 invasive duct breast cancer yesterday.
I am only 37 and breastfeeding my baby of 18 months!
Awaiting an mri next week snd then a treatment plan! Please keep me in your prays as i have 2 small children that can not lose their mummy not yet 😢

Hiyer Greenlady,

What a horrible, awful shock for you, I'm so sorry that you have found this out at this point in your life. There is never a good time to have a BC diagnosis, but, with one young child and a baby it must bring about some desperate, deeply troubling emotions that only those with young children can understand. There is a page on this forum for younger women, but it isn't as well used as some of the others, as everyone posts together in the same parts which are relevant to their treatment. Might be worth a look though and seeing if there is anybody else using it who matches your experience and life stage? 

You have every reason to be exceedlingly positive that you will have an effective and successful treatment plan. I know right now  you are probably experiencing  a roller-coaster of emotions, so many questions, a lot of fear, and you may feel you know little of where the next few months will take you. Take each step one at a time.

Talk to us on here, have a look around....and you will see so many who have gone before you, years before you and moved on,  and those who are still being treated. There will be people also being treated at the same time as you, who I'm sure you can share experiences with on here.

Take care of yourself x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Messed up....trying again

Highlighted

Hi Greenlady,

Sorry you find yourself here but please don't panic. It might sound trite but a diagnosis doesn't always mean doom and gloom. My first cancer 12 years ago was a minor inconvenience and not a big deal. Don't even concern yourself with worst case scenarios because realistically and statistically, its not likely to happen.

Sally
Highlighted

I was diagnosed yesterday :(

Hi everyone, i was diagnosed with stage 2 invasive duct breast cancer yesterday.
I am only 37 and breastfeeding my baby of 18 months!
Awaiting an mri next week snd then a treatment plan! Please keep me in your prays as i have 2 small children that can not lose their mummy not yet 😢