Thanks for that suggestion and no not they haven't used it yet although I have tried it on my own, but it doesn't help with the kind of surgery only your life expectancy with hormone or chemo therapy.
So yes I'll ask my breast nurse tomorrow.
Jo, did your team use NHSPredict tool when they gave you your diagnosis..I seen it suggested on some websites but did not notice any of other ladies here mentioning it.. might be of some help in making your decisions.. maybe its worth asking your breast nurse.. x
Hi AgiA, Yes that's where my head is going too. Why mess around with another surgery and then have to have the mastectomy anyway. Plus then always question if it is still lurking in there.
I need to to talk to my BCN I think and maybe get a second opinion.
Hope your results are ok. Take care,
I am still waiting for my results but I am already thinking that I will go for double mastectomy.. I wouldnt say you are overreacting.. thinking about all options and deciding whats best is realy tough.. I have lump in right and calcification in left..I don't know if I will be able to go through treatment and possibility that in years it might come back.. I feel silly to already thinking about this but that's what turning in my head.. I hope you find some comfort in sharing your story here.. I definately do.. good luck x
I was diagnosed with invasive ductal cancer in June (Left breast, 1 lump 16mm, grade 3, ER/PR+ 8/8 HER2-) . I have dense breast tissue so they did an MRI after the ultrasound and found another lump slightly smaller but the same type. I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node removal 10 days ago and had the results yesterday which showed no lymph or vascular involvement... so far yay. But there was an area of DCIS found which they hadn't picked up on any of the scans and they found it in the margins of the tissues they cut out. So they want to re-operate and scrape some more away. And if there is still some detected during the pathology tests they will suggest a 3rd surgery to do a mastectomy. And all this comes with a 14 day self isolation each time before and after.
Has anyone else had this? I'm concerned that they aren't going to get it all as they don't even know where it is and therefore how do they know it isn't in both breasts if it isn't showing up on any scans? I'm leaning towards mastectomy but am i overreacting? I have to talk to my nurse again obviously but just thought one of you kind ladies might have experienced something similar.
Thanks in advance,