Re: Just Diagnosed Today

Thank you Jill.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Highlighted
Community Champion

It really does help to have people to talk to who understand it was a lifesaver to me when I was diagnosed 5 years ago .If you want any help with the hormone therapy side of things you could also post in the hormone therapy section of the forum .

Highlighted

Hi Jill

Thank you for the information, it’s very reassuring.  So good to have people to talk too x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies welcome to the forum .Never a good time to be diagnosed with cancer but in the middle of such a crisis - very hard .I know ladies have been  prescribed hormone therapy to help shrink tumours before surgery in the past( well before Corona )  so I think you can be pretty confident that the meds will contain or shrink your tumours - from what I'm reading from other ladies on the forum if your Consultants felt this was not the case they would have  a different plan of action .Lots of support here - come and talk when you need to .Jill x

Highlighted

Thank you Saskia. That means a lot. It’s lovely to have lots of help.  Especially in these very worrying times

best wishes

Tina

Highlighted

It is reassuring to hear that the cancer shouldn’t spread whilst on the medication. I havent read the side effects yet. Will have a quick read now. 

Yes, it’s definitely scarcely. Will try to think positively x

Highlighted

I’ve been put on the same medication the possible side effects acre me but the surgeon assured me it won’t spread or get any bigger in the 3 months as the medication should stop that and yes I get upset it’s scary but I think the situation with the corona virus makes us more vulnerable to surgery at the money x

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi TMF and Sandrad123,

We're sorry to read about both of your recent diagnoses' and the worry and concern that you must be going through at this time. We want you to know that we're here for you. Our clinical nurses are available to offer support as well as advice about medicine and treatment. You can call them on 0808 800 6000. They will be available Monday - Friday from 10am-3pm. 

However, if you want to contact them in the meantime, you can email them at nurses@breastcancernow.org.

Sending you our warmest wishes,

Saskia 

Highlighted

Hi Sandrad123

Thank you so much for replying. Sorry you are in a similar position to me at the moment. I am concerned about the 3 months wait. My Consultant is going to start me on Letrozole. I’ve read in your post that after speaking to your Consultant you feel more positive.  That is good to hear as I’m worried that I may be more at risk now. 
I am trying to be positive too.  

Did you find you get a bit more tearful as time goes on?  I feel more tearful today. Hopefully will get better with time.

Highlighted

So sorry that you are ill I am also 52 and was diagnosed on 17th March mines is also ductal and exact same put on tablets for 3 months delay In surgery due to corona virus scared but keeping positive only saw my surgeon this morning 

Highlighted

Just Diagnosed Today

Hi all

Ive been diagnosed today with a ductoral cancer.  Was a bit of a whirl wind taking it all in.  

Im 52.  Very concerned with Covid 19. Told I'm being put on tablets for 3 months as they don't want to operate because of virus. I was told the tablets would keep it at bay. 

I have to go for MRI on Tuesday and get results on Thursday.

I feel sad and can't sleep. It's comforting finding this site as good to read other stories.