Just Diagnosed Today

Hi all

Ive been diagnosed today with a ductoral cancer.  Was a bit of a whirl wind taking it all in.  

Im 52.  Very concerned with Covid 19. Told I’m being put on tablets for 3 months as they don’t want to operate because of virus. I was told the tablets would keep it at bay. 

I have to go for MRI on Tuesday and get results on Thursday.

I feel sad and can’t sleep. It’s comforting finding this site as good to read other stories. 

So sorry that you are ill I am also 52 and was diagnosed on 17th March mines is also ductal and exact same put on tablets for 3 months delay In surgery due to corona virus scared but keeping positive only saw my surgeon this morning 

Hi TMF and Sandrad123,

We’re sorry to read about both of your recent diagnoses’ and the worry and concern that you must be going through at this time. We want you to know that we’re here for you. Our clinical nurses are available to offer support as well as advice about medicine and treatment. You can call them on 0808 800 6000. They will be available Monday - Friday from 10am-3pm. 

However, if you want to contact them in the meantime, you can email them at nurses@breastcancernow.org.

Sending you our warmest wishes,

Saskia