Just been diagnosed

Hi there

This is my 1st time on here, I’ve just been diagnosed with Grade 1 breast cancer and I’m absolutely petrified. They have foud 3 small tumours, they haven’t seen anything untoward in the lymph nodes but I’m having an MRI of Friday just to be sure. I’m not particularly scared about the information I’ve been given so far, I can handle the thought of a mastectomey and whatever additional treatment they recommend, I’m just terrified that they are going to find something else in the MRI and that the news might actually be much worse…I don’t know how I’m going to get through the next 10 days before I go back for further results…any advice/support very welcome!

Sara

Hi Sara, sorry you find yourself on here. Please use the ask the nurse facility on here and the someone like me option too. It is a bit like getting sucked through a vortex as all the tests and appointments come in, and it can feel like being on the conveyor belt on the generation game (if you are old enough to remember) and you are going wok, fondu set, cuddly toy, road map ??? I found getting notepad and writing down all the questions I wanted answers to helped focus my mind a bit. Your team are experts in all this and will know exactly what treatment plan to recommend to you and it’s your choice always as to what you agree to, always remember you have the final say and are in control of everything even though it feels like you are not. Hope this helps and do speak to your team if you need support, it’s their job and they will be more than happy to help you with everything ??:sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Hi Divadelph,  it really rains on your parade when you get diagnosed with breast cancer and the waiting for scans is a tough time.  I know from experience that your mind spirals off all over the place but it sounds as if yours has been caught early.  I had stage 3b locally advanced including lymph nodes in March 2017 and still here and doing very well.  Sending hugs. X