Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Jobey68

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Gin gin and more gin!! That's the secret 🍸🍸🍸🍸 had 3 bottles for my birthday 😁😁😁

Jill1998
Community Champion

Those chocolate ,vodka sprouts are key in our recovery ,that and gin....Yes,easy to have resolutions about how you will deal with things post cancer but real life kind of weedles its way in and undermines that sometimes ,we need to remember our cancer resolutions and stick to them !!!Yes Jill ,listen to your own advice !!!
Cs66

I'm still here too although I joined the thread later on. Over four weeks since my last chemo now and rads start next week I'm going back to work part time on Monday too. This thread really helped me at the beginning and the kept me going through some very dark days.

Fingers crossed life is returning to a new sort of normal now.

claire xxxx

PeggyCat
Community Champion

Not too bad Jill although the rubbish weather we are having down here is making my aches a bit more annoying. Had a slight wobble at work today when I realised that I was letting something get to me that I promised I would not when I was going through treatment. Had to give myself a bit of a stern talking to.

How about you? Any nice plans for the summer?

This thread saved my sanity on many occasions last year and I definitely don't feel ready to withdraw just yet. I'll never look at a sprout in the same way.

xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

How are you doing Ruth?We had some good laughs last summer,who would have thought you could laugh about cancer ???Yes,torn between moving on and still touching base with people who understand I understand that .Think we need both!!!
PeggyCat
Community Champion

I'm still here too. Some days I think it might be good for me if I tried not to visit for a day and try not to think about BC but I feel rather at home here and I'm definitely not ready to abandon ship yet.

How's it going Delly and how is the feline in your life?

Ruth xx

Jobey68

I'm still here too Delly! It's hard to believe this thread has been going a year, what a lot of giggles it's given us all! I remember Like it was yesterday first speaking to you Jill , what a long way we've come! Mammo will be fine and you will feel wonderful after its done and dusted for another year 😊😊

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Dellly how are you doing? Well it's a year since I started this thread ,a year since the "cancer bomb" exploded in my life!!!This time year I was a mess and had pretty much written myself off.Well, I'm still here and "looking forward "(not) to my first post treatment mammogram week after next!.I don't know how I would have got through it without all the support and humour I have found on this site:Thank you to everyone I have spoken to over the past 12 months,who'd have thought you could make friends through cancer !!!Every cloud eh????
delly

Helllloooooooo,

Where've you all gone to then??

Are you all ok??

Loadsa love Delly xxxx

A.Faed

FEC-T with FEC first seems to be quite common it terms of this type of chemo. I was told that they (the scientific world/medical professionals involved with cancer treatment) had discovered that it was best to use a combination of different drugs to hit the cancer with, to lessen the chance of it being resistant to just one drug. This is also the case when treating persistent diseases like TB.

I guess they aren't totally certain what chemo drugs will work best for any one persons tumor, so that is why they use a combination. Why they use FEC first, I'm not sure, and you will notice seeing what others ladies on the forum have been given, that there are lots of different chemotherapy regimes that they give people! Some people have weekly doses, I was on three weekly doses.

It sounds like you have just had your 'T'...if so, be ready for some aches and pains to hit about day 3 - 5, hopefully they cave given you some co-codamol or similar to take if you need it. I found each one worse than the last, so I certainly felt like I had had some seriously strong chemo by the time I'd finished!

Amanda X

Emmajane

Amanda that sounds fab... Why give u Fec first then? The Fec hasn't hardly touched my tumour... Awww Emma Jane like me! 👏I'm a bit tired after the T! Feel ok tho no sickness feeling... Xxx
A.Faed

Hi Emma Jane....one of my four daughters is called Emma Jane! Her fiancée is a medicinal chemist working for a large pharmaceutical company and when I told them I would be having FEC-T he read all about the various drugs and what they do. He they they were obviously all powerful chemicals but the T was definitely the 'business end' of chemo, so let's hope it gets the job done for you. I certainly felt the effects of T a lot more than FEC!

Amanda x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck with your T Emma,hope it does the job for you.
Emmajane

Hey lovely ladies! Popping in from Feb and march starters thread to say hello and hang on in there!! 👏💗💪🏼I start T tomo, and herceptin after mammogram showed not much shrinkage. Let's here it fir the master blaster T!! 👊🏽
delly

Hi everyone,

Jen - what will your surgery be next week?? And yeh, I hope it all goes well with it. x

Tina - Not long to your Rads then. So are you actually back at work now?? If so, is it going okay? Are you still having the "first day at a new school jitters" !! Glad to hear about your hair - whoohoo x

Hope you are all doing better and recovering well from the onslaughts of chemo, lovies.

Lotsa love, hugs and xxxxx's, Meeeeeee

delly

Re: ,Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Yeh Ruth
Good luck for today
Delly xxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck Jen with your surgery .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck Ruth.You will feel much better this time tomorrow .
A.Faed

Good luck tomorrow Ruth, glad you got through the 'prep' today ok, it's not too bad really!

Ekmoat (sorry; I don't know your name!) I started with a treatment plan of a WLE (lumpectomy) followed by radiotherapy then tamoxifen but after surgery, pathology and then MRI scan showed multiple suspicious areas so a MX followed and the pathology showed the ares were more cancers. I have recently finished chemo, starting tamoxifen on Thursday and soon to start rads. Hopefully you won't need chemo but be prepared for things to possibly change as they find out more.

Amanda x

Tandy 4
Community Champion

Hi Jen.... And everyone else! Good luck with surgery Hun.... And agree with Delly! Though knickers must be all cotton they can be funny!! 😂 Yes, chemo **bleep**e all done, thank god! 6 wk thus Friday last one had! 

Claire, I was getting worried that I hadn't heard anything from Onc about blood tests fir medication!?! But relieved to see I'm not the only one not started yet!! Rads staring 19th May, 19 not 15 sessions finishing on June 14th.  Hair getting better, texture now softer and though still thin I'm back in work few days with no wig or  hats! 😂👍🏼 Still have the flipping weight to loose..... Though told not to loose any new as I've been marked up for rads! Xxx Tina 

Ruth Hill

Re: ,Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Well today I've had a wire fitted and an amount of radioactive material injected behind my right nipple.

my wide section lumpectomy is tomorrow morning .i was really scared of this procedure and it was making me shake with worry.  The worst part was the needle to numb it. After that I felt nothing. The ladies who looked after me were patient,pleasant, and helpfull.

the doctor/scanner was so understanding and it didn't take long to get the wire in place and secured. So now I have a large white dressing around the side of my breast .

the injection of radio colloid was over in seconds and I felt almost nothing.

so my op is tomorrow and I just want it over so I can get on with recovery. 

All my very best wishes to you ladies who like me are at the beginning of this journey, and huge thanks to the ladies already at the end of thier treatments who are willing to help others xxxxx Ruth

Jill1998
Community Champion

Sounds like there is a good chance you will not need any further treatment but they can never say for sure until they have looked inside more carefully and biopsied what they removed.Very occasionally they find small areas of invasive cancer lurking in the background .It is easy to scare yourself silly especially in the middle of the night .When is your surgery?
Ekmoat

My surgeon says I hopefully won't need chemo as I have dcis. But there might be a chance after he examined results. Anyone else had this? Trying to focus on positives but that's what red wine and waking int the middle of the nightr does  feel so scared now!

Cs66

I'm hoping to delay starting tamoxifen till After rads too. I havent seen the onc yet and don't seem to have an appointment in the pipeline so I don't know what she's got planned for me! I am also going on holiday mid July and would rather start after. I feel my body needs to get rid of chemicals and drugs and detox before all that starts. I also want to try to lose some wieight and get rid of the steroid puffiness before I am put on more medication. But I suppose if I need it I will have to take it! I'm not looking forward to an enforced menopause! 

Claire xxx

Sissylw1980

I thought as much Jill, I've got a holiday end of July, was hoping to not have to start tamoxifen before it xx
delly

JenJen, Well A BIG hello.

I was only thinking about you last night and wondering how you were getting on. And blow me, there you appear.

Yeh, this thread is pretty fast and furious to keep up with when you've had a break from, but it's just soooo good to see and hear you wo'ever lovey.

Well done on your "kicking" so far. I'm sure you probably felt like the "and screaming" at times. Dare I ask how your Mum is??

What surgery will you be having next week?? Need to feed yourself up for the sacrificial table. Don't forget, if they DON'T want you "commando" (i.e.without briefs), put your bestest, sexiest briefs on. I like to give the operating team something interesting to look at and talk about  Woman Wink But, I'm a hussy like that!!!!

Loadsa love and one of Delly's extra long hugs

xxxxx

JenJen

Hi folks

Popping in to say hi and give hugs x havent posted much lately as find it difficult to keep up with this thread .. Claire, Tina, Amanda xx guess you are all done or nearly done with chemo? Xx big hugs hope next stage goes well.

Bazza well done on the 10k did see that love to Nikki

Jill, Jobey big hugs x

Surgery next week for me then rads in June/July so apart from the herceptin my actove treatment should be over and done with in time for my summer holidays in August

Love to all

Jenx
delly

Oooooo - Kim, I'm with yer now. Soooo sorry for your diag lovey. Hard/tough for you Yeh? Please keep us in touch with how you're doing, will you.

Claire - sooo glad you're doing okay now. So far, so good. Lets hope it STAYS that way.

I must apologise for my expletives folks, must keep a control on my language!!

Hope everyone has a restful w/end and gets some sleeeeeep zzzzzz

xxxxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Think you are supposed to stop taking it for a month before an operation Sissy due to impact on blood clotting ,so may not be worth starting.
Sissylw1980

Amanda, I'm not due to see Oncologist until week 2 of rads, I suppose I need to wait to speak with her first. Also I'm sure I read somewhere that you can't take tamoxifen if you're due an operation, I'm due the other mx In August. I haven't seen oncologist since my brca/2 confirmation. So many questions to ask! Xx
delly

,Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Hi lovely ladies.

Sorry Ruth, it was you who the "what ifs" were getting to. But same as with Amanda, Valerian oral drops.It's called DORMEASAN. Has hops in too. Try it, it helps with anxiety as well as sleep disturbance. From health food shops, Holland and Barrett.

Good to see you Claire - so glad to hear you're doing okay.

Jill, that's a really good simile - ref the "train" - good one darlin.

I'm now 9 hrs later or so, from my initial response, so have FURTHER catching up to do - sorry. Be back in a mo

xxxxx

A.Faed

Jill, the 'tattoos' are really small, I was quite surprised! It was all done very quickly and efficiently, I have more than two weeks with no hospital visits!

Not looking forward to starting tamoxifen next week, it was going to be started after rads but new research say it has no interaction with rads so start it three weeks after last chemo, at least that it what my onc is doing, Claire and Siissy; you might be doing the same! 

A five minute hug Delly, I like the sound of that! I will try and get some valerian liquid and see how I get on with it. I have not slept very well for a long time but not to an extent that it bothered me that much but then the 'big C' came along and it got a whole lot worse!

Amanda x

Ruth Hill

All my very best wishes for you ,your family, and your continued recovery. Big hugs Ruth.xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Well done Claire,last chemo!!! rads will be a walk in the park in comparison .
Cs66

Hi everybody, I have been reading all the new comments on this thread as it is one I joined when I was first diagnosed at the end of September. At the time I was scared, in shock and petrified by what lay ahead and I found that Jill, Jo and others further down the line were able to offer reassurance and support.

i had two lots of surgery followed by chemo which I finished on Tuesday. It's been an incredibly tough time  I thought I could not face,  but I have and I ve got through. just rads to go now. The support here has been fantastic from ladies at the same stage of treatment to those who are out the other side.

i wish everyone who is "recently diagnosed" the very best of luck in your treatment. There is a lot of support here which will help you get through.

love and best wishes

claire xx

Ruth Hill

Snap. 

I was diagnosed with the same on the 27th of April. My tumour is 21mm.next Monday 9th of May I have to have an injection of radioactive material to seek out any nodes that are holding cancer cells . Then on Tuesday I will have the wide section op that you mentioned.then radiation for 3weeks. I wish you and all the other people all the very best for your futures... Xxxx

Ruth Hill

Hi, 

my family is very internet savvy and they all googled breast cancer ".....although It can give too much detail .

they consider themselves informed.

Kimucoughdrop

Hi Ruth, it looks like you have got exactly the same diagnosis that I received yesterday. Have you had your operation yet? I am going in on the 19th. X

Jill1998
Community Champion

Finishing line is in sight Amanda,you have had a long haul haven't you .What do you think of your tatoos,I can't find mine now !!!
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Kim,yes I had WLE ,my lump was 14 MM. after surgery they said there was also an area of DCIS which is quite common.Yes it certainly does hit you like a runaway train ,but the train does slow down eventually and you feel a lot calmer when you know exactly what happens next.Let us know how you get on.
delly

Amanda - Phew!! Now YOU ARE someone who IS worthy of Sue's praise. Certainly MINE darlin.

Sending you love and a massive long 5 minuter Delly hug. (Normal one's are 3 minutes). Along with strength, me wanting for you to please keep kicking at this bleepty disease darlin girl.

Hey, can't you find something to help you sleep? Have you tried Valerium liquid? You can get it at the famous health food shop. You may find it really helpful. Stop those "what ifs" we mentioned earlier, getting to you. Can so mess your head up this F**kin disease if you let it, can't it. 

Loadsa love to you

Dellypoos xxx

Ps. I've gotta get back to doing my "Nightbirds" ramblings!! x 

delly

Sue Hs - NO, I havn't been thru the mill compared to the likes of Amanda and Jill here, and my friend who's sadly terminal - JEEZ, what a phrase. I appreciate your thoughts and wish/desire to support tho'. Often difficult isn't it, WHAT to say??

Charys - taa for your compliment of kindness, but I'm just doing what I feel for people.

I'm feeling VERY upset and emotional at the moment, and I needed an outlet to express it. HERE is an ideal place, amongst fellow understanding peeps, many who can relate to what I'm speaking of. What better place to be.

God, have I felt sh*t today. So upset, "off balance" is a good way to describe it. And SO ANGRY!! Am seeking solace in this here Forum/place. My heart gets and feels so torn to bits sometimes. Touching base with the likes of yourselves helps me gain some strength back, whilst putting me back in touch with you all. Sometimes it makes me feel worse when there's been bad news of someone, but . . . . 

Flip, I'm going

Loadsa loveydovey to you all xxxx

A.Faed

Hi Kim, welcome here, not that you ever imagined or wanted to be on a forum for breast cancer! It's a complete and horrifying shock when you are first diagnosed, your emotions are all over the place and it dominates most of your day and too much of your nights at first, but it does settle down after a while.

Delly, sorry about your friend, it's the news everyone fears the most. Had a young acquaintance die five days after her 30th birthday last month, cancer but not breast cancer. I'm two weeks past my last chemo now, the T was horrible for me, after getting off fairly lightly on the FEC. Had radiotherapy planning, CT scan and 'tattoos' done today, then rads staring on the 23rd and finishing on the 13th June. Start tamoxifen next week, three weeks after last chemo.

woke up a 5.20 this morning, so going to bed now. One day I might sleep through the night... at the moment I don't sleep for more than two hours at a time!

Love and hugs to everyone, stay strong!

Amanda x

Kimucoughdrop

Hi Jill thank you for replying. Did you have a wide excision? My lump is 11mm . I know more will be known when they test the lymph nodes. So hoping they are clear. I am in a state of shock, it keeps hitting like a thunderbolt. 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Kim,welcome to the forum.My diagnosis was very similar to yours ,recalled after routine mammogram ,invasive ductal cancer grade 2.I had surgery ,followed by 3 weeks of radiotherapy and fingers crossed one year on I am fine .Lots of support and advice on this site from people who understand .Jill.
Kimucoughdrop

Hi just been told today that have Grade 2 invasive ductal carcinoma, I had a mammogram recall yesterday and a biopsy. The surgeon said that I will be having a wide excision and lymph node removal. Surgery is booked for the 19th. I am trying not to google as I have been addicted in the past but know I will just get even more worried. 

haz25a

Hi Delly,

So sorry to hear your sad news about your friend. As for not wanting to scare people, I think it is something we all think about from time to time from the moment we get our diagnosis. I have posted a few threads in "I am recently diagnosed".

Regards.

H.x

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Delly, you certainly have been through the mill! You are amazing! Thank you for the compliments - I put my organisational skills to good use, lol - it helps me to cope with everything. Thank you also for your kind wishes. Tomorrow another onco appointment to see how the CT scan has turned out. I am simply praying it is not another piece of not quite so good news. I am not quite sure how much more I can deal with. Chemo nurse and info appointment on the 11th. Should my news not to be as good as I hope for - at least everything is being done - to kill what is there off. So here is to a 'sanitised' me, lol Thankfully I had a brilliant surgeon and I have been in total control of what, when and how - so far. I made sure I was well informed before each meeting, which meant I could handle the news I got given and negotiate with him regards the next step. Lets hope I stay lucky! xx
Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Delly, you certainly have been through the mill! You are amazing! Thank you for the compliments - I put my organisational skills to good use, lol - it helps me to cope with everything. Thank you also for your kind wishes. Tomorrow another onco appointment to see how the CT scan has turned out. I am simply praying it is not another piece of not quite so good news. I am not quite sure how much more I can deal with. Chemo nurse and info appointment on the 11th. Should my news not to be as good as I hope for - at least everything is being done - to kill what is there off. So here is to a 'sanitised' me, lol Thankfully I had a brilliant surgeon and I have been in total control of what, when and how - so far. I made sure I was well informed before each meeting, which meant I could handle the news I got given and negotiate with him regards the next step. Lets hope I stay lucky! xx
Charys
Community Champion

Hey Delly,

Thanks for your welcome. You are so kind to write such a long message including people, it's very heart warming. I particularly like the statement at the end 'we have to channel our mind back to better thoughts, which takes practice'. This is so true, and it's painful even trying to do the practice, but important that we mange to do it.

:0)