cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Hi Ange, will be here for you and "Kylie and Jason" , we will all get this sodding thing to bugger off by some means or other.
cm

Yes please send me it x
MadAnge

Fantastic news Jill. You know where you are going on the rest of this journey. I am pleased for you xx
Jobey68

Ahh the lovely palpitations!
Jill1998
Community Champion

Francine ,did you you think about getting your boobs out,dentist may have changed his mind?Despite good news have decided to have palpitations for fun.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi folks had good news,just radiotherapy and tamoxifen for 10 years,didn't want to share good news as wasnt sure how Claire got on and it didn't seem right.Had half pint of fluid drained from seranoma wish I had gone sooner,underarm much more comfortable.Thank you for all ypur good wishes and support I couldnt have got through the last few weeks without it.
Jobey68

I've had trouble sending messages tonight as well Claire, very glad to hear your results were good 😊
Jo_BCC

Hi CM

I will report it that you're having technical problems with the PM system.

If it continues please will you let us know via email to moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk and we will get it sorted for you.

Kind regards,

Jo, Moderator

Jill1998
Community Champion

Phew Claire ,I was really worried about you. , didn't want to share my good news when you had bad news. I will send you my phone number by private message and if you want to text me you can .
cm

Having technical probs again and can't send private message..........Hi Jill apologies for delay but I have been in my mums and out with the kids.oh I am really pleased for you and your family for your good news. I was stressing when I didn't see you in waiting room to wish you luck. I had good news too 😀 Anyway they said that all clear and I gave consent for that test to see if likely to return. I have an appt with oncologist on 14th July and they will confirm result of test and what treatment needed. Is it the same procedure for you? X Sooo happy that it feels strange 😜
Fuffs123

Hi Jill

How did it go today? Hope it was good or reasonable news but even if it wasn't you'll get through it. Us ladies are a strong bunch 💪💪 very frustrating day for me. Went to the dentist for a clean but was told they won't do anything until I'm 6 months post any surgery! Risk of infection. Ridiculous, surely it's more important to have good dental hygiene before an op. Soon as I get my endoscopy results, should be anytime now, i'll see the BC again to discuss the surgery. X Francine
Sarahd-1

Good luck for your results today Jill xxxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Thats exactly how I feel about being able to make plans ,you just cant plan more than a week or so ahead at any one time amongst all of this.When do you know more?
Fuffs123

Up and down or should I say out and in! Fed up of waiting for results, just want to get my surgery organised and get on with life. I have a business to run so need to plan and organise, lol. No chance of that with the b*****y BC!
MadAnge

Spingebob52 wow!! I have only seen 1. Have spoken to 2 breast care nurses. Did it take a long while for then to diagnose you? I feel like it has taken forever xx
MadAnge

Keep us posted Jill. Thinking of you today xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Francine, how's the wind?
Fuffs123

Sending you big hugs for today Jull. Thinking of you and remember only too well how I felt. X
Jill1998
Community Champion

spongebob52

Wait until you see plastics!
spongebob52

I 've seen three different ones !
MadAnge

Hi sponge bob 🙂 no I am going for delayed reconstruction. Who is your consultant? It's nice to speak to some one close by 🙂
spongebob52

Hi mad Ange fellow Bedford girl responding! diagnosed March surgery same date. Are you having any reconstruction surgery !
MadAnge

Sure does. I am just taking each day at a time.x
Jill1998
Community Champion

You are doing well just having one bad day!!Hits you when you least expect sometimes.
MadAnge

I know why. They are spread in different areas making a lumpectomy of each one difficult plus it will be better for me in the long run. Just had one of those days. Not bad really as I have not had a really bad day since diagnosis. Xxx
MadAnge

Big hugs!!! Xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Kylie and Danny,do they sing?Couldnt cope with that!!!Think when it goes a bit less hectic you have time to reflect and get more freaked out by stuff. If you want to question why you are having mastectomy you could ring BC nurse and discuss may help you get it clearer in your own mind .
MadAnge

I am ok. They are "affection ally" known as the invasive Aussies ( Kylie & Danni) Lol!!! Had a bit of a Downey on Saturday questioning why I am having a masectomy but I know all the reasons why. I really hope they have got all of yours so you can move on with your treatment. I think we all know it's the waiting and not knowing that's the difficult part. Bug hugs xxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Jo.Just want to know what I am dealing with, dry retching will be the order of the day I think.
Thanks Ange, how are you and Eric and Ernie ( the lumps)?
MadAnge

Good luck tomorrow Jill. My fingers are crossed for you. Xxx
Jobey68

Jill I can still feel that emotion it's bloody awful, I hid in bed all morning on results days and hubby had to drag me to the car! praying you get a good outcome tomorrow and trust me the roller coaster slows right down then, I walked in dry heaving and came out crying happy tears, it will soon be here xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Results tomorrow,when will this roller coaster of anxiety slow down?I feel sick I want to get off!!!!!!
DizzyDee
Community Champion

Mad Ange. All of us here will be with you every step of the way. I agree couldn't do it without you girls on here.💗💗
MadAnge

Thanks Dee. We did not discuss what we are going to do next consultant said wait until after surgery for next stage.........there is now a light at the end of the tunnel. Couldn't do it without the support of you ladies xxxx
MadAnge

Yes it seems like forever but it's good because I have a date to work to. It could be earlier if there is a cancellation. Yep I am really greedy 🙂 xx
DizzyDee
Community Champion

Mad Ange the waiting will soon go at least u know now you can have August to yourself to give yourself time before further treatment. You will get there i thought i would never see the day when treatment finished. I finish on Monday a happier woman who takes no bulls**t from anyone and is determined to live my life to the full 🙂 hugs all round xxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

21st July seems a long way off but at least you have a better idea about what happens next now .... Showing off- having 2 different lumps...
MadAnge

Hello ladies think I will use the mantra lots. I saw my consultant today and my second lump is a stage 2. How greedy I am stage 2 and 3!! It looks like best outlook is a full mastectomy. Date set 21st July. At least I know now. Xxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Quite frankly my dear I don't give ***** !Got it....
Jobey68

Lol no not much of that goes on fluffs with our son and his fiancé living with us at the minute!! Made us laugh and was much needed at the time I can tell you 😂😂 Xx
DizzyDee
Community Champion

So kniw what u mean Kim. Your hypocondriac work colleague is shockingly lacking in basic common manners and decency. Unfortunately im sure we have all encountered this at some point. But now you have a strategy for dealing with it. Remember the mantra girls! Xxxx
Jobey68

Oh yes Jill, I most certainly felt like that! Couldn't even go in my local supermarket for fear of slapping someone talking about their stupid crap!! A lady I work with who is the biggest hypochondriac going would still waffle on about her headache or toothache and I'd be sat there thinking how much I'd like to punch her in the face!! So no your not alone lol xx Jo
DizzyDee
Community Champion

Hi Jill,
Yes we do understand. All of us girls on the surgery and living alone thread have a mantra we silently repeat if anyone rabbles on about pathetic problems. In the words of the late great Clarke Gabel ' Quite frankly my dear, I couldn't give a damm !' Repeat this silently to yourself when the need arises! Xxxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Does anyone else feel really disconnected from their friends who are not going though this? I am finding that I just haven't the energy to care about other peoples non life threatening problems at the moment and therefore I am not feeling like I want to interact with other people very much at all which is not like me .
Fuffs123

Hmm Kim, so that's what you and your OH get up to in the shower! Too much information, as my daughter would say, lol. Sweaty armpit, horrible but at least I'm not very hairy there any more, due to advancing age!
Jill1998
Community Champion

Very easy to get paranoid isn't it , thanks Carole . hopefully my sweaty arm pit will feel better soon .
carolec

Hi Ladies
I had WLE on 3 June and my arm is just starting to feel better. The scar under my arm was really sore but I was also told it's a very sensitive area and it's all to do with the healing process. Also my upper arm and shoulder ached so much that I even thought it might be lymphodema (I only had 2 sentinel nodes removed) and even had my OH measuring the tops of my arms - what am I like! Anyway hope you're feeling better soon and good luck with results day. Carole xx

Jobey68

Oh God the sweaty arm pit nearly drove me mad, I was paranoid about smelling as couldn't wash it properly! Hubby was taping me up in carrier bags to help me shower, might have been kinky under any other circumstances!!! 😜 gave us a right laugh though 😂
Jill1998
Community Champion

Thank you Sandra,nurse rang today and I had a chat with her about it.See how I get on,she said you have a lot more nerve endings in your armpit than boob so will more painful anyway.Good luck with your results.