1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

MadAnge

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Thanks Sarahd I will keep you all posted. Keep your fingers that lympth nodes are clear so I don't have to have a clearance. let's see if I can predict my treatment. (Probably way out but worth a go) as I had multifocal stage 3 & 2 . I think I am going to have chemo, herceptin then tamoxifen. Let's see 🙂 xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Glad you feeling better Sarah.Ange what time is your appointment?Hope you don't have to wait all day, mine was at 3.30pm the day seemed to last forever.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Waiting for boss to arrive as part of sickness procedure ,this is where they bully you into going back to work even though you are not right and ask moronic questions like what are you doing to help your recovery ,what are you doing to stop a reoccurrence of this illness,oh for Gods sake...where to begin...
Sarahd-1

Hi ladies hope you are all ok. Thankfully pain has eased and I have been very organised today. how are you ange? Hope you are ok and wishing you all the very best for tomorrow will be thinking of you xxxxxxxxxx
Sarahd-1

Hi yil I wasnt expecting it to be like that. I have been doing the excercises that I was told to after my op which have been ok so I didn't expect It felt fine when I was doing them when I got home the pain kicked in. It feels a bit better today but back on the tablets for another day I think. What operation did you have? Hope you are all ok now xxxxxxxx
yil

Hi sarahd
Yes I have physio and like you feel the same I take painkillers before I go and still feel pain when she starts the physio. makes me so sick.
Sarahd-1

I feel like I've gone back 2 weeks. But like you said all part of the healing process. Won't be long now and you will back to normal in no time. are you feeling ok about it? Xxxxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

About 24 hrs, they suggested at appt that I start doing exercises that I was given after op again so I have.I didn't realise how much healing still going on.You will really feel it after more serious surgery .I start week on Friday.
Sarahd-1

How long did the pain last Jill? Might be worth taking a couple of tablets before you go for your rads as you will have to have your arms up like that then. How long before you start its soon isn't it? Xxxxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

I was in pain after radiotherapy planning appt and that was just cos I had to have my arms above my head for 20 mins !!!And I only had lumpectomy .
Sarahd-1

Hi ladies. Have any of you had a physio appointment since your surgery? I had an appointment today and I've come home feeling like I've had 10 rounds in a boxing match ( yes I have exaggerated) but had to take co-codomal again. Just wondrered if anyone has had the same? My son thinks it will be ok by tomorrow but if anyone does have one I would take a couple of tablets before you go xxxxx
spongebob52

Thanks Ange no rads just tamoxifen, Good look Wednesday ,still have appointment in Bedford with my namesake for oncology.

Fuffs123

Sorry Fiona, abbreviations that the Breast Cancer Care bods suggest you use. They have a list of them on their website. Yep WLE is a lumpectomy and the other term you might see often is SNB , sentinel node biopsy. MX is mastectomy. X Francine
FionaJMD

Thanks
Jill1998
Community Champion

It's a different language!!The medics use loads of words you have never heard before , don't be afraid to ask them to explain and I asked them to write a few things down .It does help to have someone else listening to what you are being ts as it is hard to remember everything .Write some questions down before you go to remind yourself ,it is easy to forget when you are anxious .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Wide local excision I think in other words lumpectomy.
FionaJMD

Salted caramel is lovely, yum. I am struggling with some of the initials, WLE?
Fuffs123

Great news SpongeBob! So pleased for you. So nice to hear good news. Hoping my 3rd WLE will get a clear margin. Good job I have big boobs, knew it would come in useful one day! Now, salted caramel chocolate has got to be the best ever! I adore it but am trying to resist as I too have to lose weight. Life is hard, sob😭 OH bought some Pretzels in the other day and we managed to scoff the whole bag, just as tempting as Twiglets, which I also love.
MadAnge

Spongebob!! I am over the moon for you 🙂 hopefully my results will be the same? Do you have to have radio or just tamoxifen xxx big hugs xx
Sarahd-1

That's amazing news spongebob so happy for you xxxxxxxx
FionaJMD

Great news SB!
familytree

That should be yeaaa! Not Tessa lol x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Great news SB,you can get on with life.
familytree

Tessa! Great news sb...you must feel a huge relief. Made up for you...X x x
spongebob52

Afternoon all, Good news margins all clear no further treatment just tamoxifen needed. Dressings removed excess fluid removed looking good. Looking forward to work this autumn missing my little babies😐.Still have appointments with plastics and oncology so it could change. Fingers and toes crossed for every body else. Love Spongebob. Sarah   Thanks ladies for all your support😍😍😍😍😍

MadAnge

Hi Fiona I have to loose weight in order for me to have my reconstruction but I have been told 18 month wait so I have a little while. I need to get myself to a Lower BMI x
Sarahd-1

Whenever I have looked into diets they say having a couple of chunks of Green and Blacks or a more refined chocolate is ok to have. I also think that a little bit of what you fancy is ok.xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Calorie free chocolate,we should work on that make a fortune .
FionaJMD

All this talk of chocolate is not good. Chilli chocolate I like. But I am also in the Galaxy club, I don't really like dark chocolate unless it has lime or mint with it. If I need or want any form of reconstruction then I need to lose some weight, so any calorie free chocolate out there that you know of?
familytree

Yes good luck spobgbob...Will be thinking of you. X
Jill1998
Community Champion

And they have vitamin B.... tell you what's weirdly addictive ,chilli chocolate, I may have to include that in my study.... Hope you get some peace of mind today Sarah(SB).
familytree

Funny caf! Great deduction! X
Sarahd-1

Twiglets are low in fat 🙂 I have bought a bar or three of Green and Blacks but I still prefer Galaxy. Good luck today Spongebob xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MadAnge

Exactly what I thought!! Twig let's are good for me x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Twiglets are actually good for you...

Jill1998
Community Champion

On a health kick day I can manage a bar of Green and Black's Dark Organic,then I feel really virtuous!!!
MadAnge

Hi fluffs, yep galaxy all the way!! I prefer creamy chocolate 🙂 really fancy twiglets and it's early in the morning x
Fuffs123

Hmmm. Ah, could be the chocolate covered sprouts then?! Have tried chocolate covered broccoli but no, not nice. OH and I have big arguments over chocolate, he's a strong dark man, at least 50%, and I'm a milk choc Galaxy, Cadburys fruit and nut girl! I say he's a choc snob and he says my stuff is rubbish. Could this be divorce, irreconcilable differences?! As far as I'm concerned, nothing beats a bar of Galaxy on a bad day, so I don't care, so there.
MadAnge

Hi Fiona, Welcome to our world. Nine of us want to be here , but we are making friends and that is all good. I had my first lump confirmed as c then they saw another area in my mammogram. They said if they couldn't see it on the u/s then I would need MRI. Luckily they could see it and it turned out to be another area was bruised for a while though. Good luck today Spongebob!!! Xxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Morning Fiona/Chris,you think if I lay off the sprouts I may get more offers of help?Worth a try I guess...
Caffy

Just a thought - eating sprouts (chocolate covered or not) and friends disappearing, could there be a connection????? (Only joking, you lovely ladies so often make me smile when I'm feeling down, keep up the good work!) Lots of love to you all, Chris x 

FionaJMD

Francine, tell him you are not snoring, you are having a dream that you are a motorbike!
Jill1998
Community Champion

Snap!!Everyone around me also appear to be bored of cancer and offers to keep me company during radiotherapy which were abundant a few weeks ago are rapidly being replaced with "oh we are away", I have other things going on at the moment etc etc etc.Novelty worn off ,cancer treatment is a long job.That said I would be very fed up with your sister .
Fuffs123

Morning ladies. How are we all feeling today? Me, well had a single glass of wine last night, first drink for many months, and felt very squiffy! Fell deeply asleep during Dragons Den, OH said I was snoring like a trouper, so ladylike, but makes a change from listening to him! I really am cheap to take out these days, ha ha. Just starting to get my head around yet another op, 3rd WLE, with no guarantee of clear margins, but I think it's the right decision, given my other health issues. If they can get a clear margin, they will then have to decide if rads are still worthwhile, given the length of time since my original diagnosis in January. Can't believe it's been that long now, time flies when you're having fun (not). Feeling a bit conflicted today actually, as my sister, who was going to come and stay for a few days to help out when I have the next op, really to ease the burden on my OH, as he'll be running our business on his own and had a heart attack last year, and now says she can't make it. Other plans for the Bank Holiday apparently. I feel rather miffed but can't decide if I'm being unreasonable. I've never asked for any help from her before. OH is very unimpressed and daughter has said she will cancel her holiday and come up from London but that's not the point really. It seems a lot of family and friends have gotten rather bored with the BC thing and don't make much contact any more. I'd like to think I wouldn't be like that but then I'm a saint ha ha 😇😇. Any views ladies? Fear I am becoming a bit of a b****. X Francine
familytree

Nice and small then Fiona.. that's good news for a start! Jill I was the same when I had ct scan years ago then mri.. hate that machine! why don't they send you in it feet first then it wouldn't be so bad head going in last? x
Sarahd-1

My breast tissue is very dense. So they wanted to check as it was hard to see on mammogram and the scan they use to do the biopsies. And they found 2 more very small lumps my biggest lump was 9mm and the other 2 were nearly impossible to see. Xxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

I freaked out in CT scanner and that's not nearly as bad as MRI,had to get out and get back in again when I had calmed down.Fiona if you have to go again you can ask G.P for Valium to make it less anxiety provoking .
familytree

yes Fiona, just seen your post on another thread.. sounds painful all that trying to get a sample from the other lump..Bad enough doing it once! I think that was actually the worst part for me that biopsy on call back. I was completely in shock & black & blue for weeks! not experienced anything worse since (touch wood) this may sound weird but I felt quite good on op day, probably just glad to get the sod removed!? x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Lorna some types of cancer are hard to see on mammogram/ultra sound so they send you for MRI to get better picture.
FionaJMD

I was booked for an MRI because there is a second shadow that they couldnt get a biopsy but I didnt fit in the machine and I panicked so they tried again with the x-ray for a biopsy