cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

I think they should keep **bleep** gave me the best laugh I've had since diagnosed!!!
Sarahd-1

It kept us amused for a while Anna 🙂 How is your daughter now spongebob. I think my son is still feeling a bit rough 🙂 Hope you have recovered from it too. We went to a friends house for dinner last night which was one of the most gorgeous meals I have ever had but crashed and burned about 9.30pm!! Due to the night before. Hope your daughter had a good time my son hasnt stopped talking about his night 🙂 xxx
MadAnge

That's cool Anna it's added something a little different to our conversations xx
Anna_BCC

Helloo All

Oh dear, it looks like our 'smut filter' is going a little off piste and filtering much more than it should, so very sorry about that.  I will get the techies to investigate this, but unfortunately that wont be until Monday now as they are let out of their techie cupboard at weekends.

Please bear with us while we try to restore a semblance of normality and sanity to this function.  I can understand why it is annoying but I would like to reassure you that it is unintentional and as you would all have seen previously these 3xkisses at the end of messages have never been taken out before, nor has many of the milder expressions often used on here.  

Again, apologies for any annoyance this is causing you.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

spongebob52

It was fantastic
Jill1998
Community Champion

Glad she is happy,I think results after surgery will change and settle over time ,must have been nice to have a bath !!!
spongebob52

Cheltenham, which is good as my family are near by and its only about 100 miles from home, elder brother went to

aberwrest, oh I can't spell it , mid Wales which was a nightmare to get to. H ad my first bath for a month today chance to look at surgeons handy work, interesting😱
Jill1998
Community Champion

Was talking to you SB.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Great stuff ,amongst all going on for you as well.Where is she going ?
spongebob52

We're you talking to me or the other Sarah bleepxxx
spongebob52

She sure did, surprised everybody even herself!

Jill1998
Community Champion

Did she get results she needed Sarah!
spongebob52

Snap , daughter home 04:00 hrs after her visit to nightclub for results party,we both got up at 14:00 hrs with sore heads.😨😨😨😨😨😨

Jill1998
Community Champion

Think they need to turn the dial down a little..,
Jill1998
Community Champion

You can say ball but not b***s plural,how ridiculous ,must have new censorship policy that is not very sophisticated .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes it did it to me too...small spherical objects ..
Jill1998
Community Champion

I think website is having problems with bleeps ,Mael just got censored for saying **bleep**...
catchpole

Hi Fuffs and all ,

Yes i was censored once for a mild swear word, very mild for me,  as you say we are all adults, and who doesent swear these days,  I kept trying to send message and wouldnt then i realised why, 

I had my lumpdectomy end Jan no chemo, finished rads in June and seeing oncologist in Sept, but this im told by someone who has been recently and she had chemo is about 2 mins long. But my mammogram is next Feb, I found that quite reassuring actually as i thought o well if mine had been that bad they would want to see me sooner,. Junex

Jill1998
Community Champion

You did swear a lot in post then ??Don't think the others did,I keep getting censored in personal messages , sick of the word bleep!!!Yes, officially declare sprout free weekend, only chocolate ,twiglets,mini cheddars, (vodka,gin and beer) to be consumed.Oh and Prosecco...anything but sprouts ....
Fuffs123

Afraid it is censorship Jill but I suppose I'm just a rebel by nature and growing old rather disgracefully! I was asked to leave the Brownies 50 odd years ago cos I questioned one of Brown Owl's decisions! Last year I and a friend were asked to leave a relaxation class when we couldn't stop laughing at the guy next to us who was snoring very loudly. We went to the pub instead, more relaxing 😊 Husband has given up on me but after 40 years, he knows when he's beaten! Hope all you lovely ladies have a good weekend, lots of choccies please but no sprouts! X Francine
Jill1998
Community Champion

Thank you Lorna..
familytree

Thanks...I will beI in here willing you all on through it all and holding your hand..not leaving without you! X x x
Jill1998
Community Champion

**bleep**
Jill1998
Community Champion

Think it's a gremlin Francine not censorship ,at least I hope it's not!!
MadAnge

Too beep right Francine 🙂 problem is I think it bleeped my smilie which seems very strange 🙂 x
Sarahd-1

Well said 🙂 it is appointment Central thank bleep for weekends 🙂 xxxxxx
MadAnge

Great news Lorna 🙂 xx
Fuffs123

I'm going to try and have as many bleeps in my post as possible, just to **bleep** them off! For goodness sake, do they really think that ladies and gents of course, who have gone through the trauma of diagnosis and treatment for BC are going to be upset by a mild swear word!? I think it''s all **bleep** and more **bleep**, not to mention **bleep**! Sorry 😀
MadAnge

Thank you Sarah yes that helps. Appointment Central :). Xx
familytree

Me too Sarah...gonna take some control not thinking any ache and pain anywhere I'm my body isn't the big C but suretot will pass x
Sarahd-1

Congratulations on finishing Lorna must be a huge relief. I'm surprised at yearly mammograms though I thought that they would check more often on the first year? Xxxxx
Sarahd-1

Yay no bleeps 🙂 xx
Sarahd-1

Hi ange I had my scan about 10 days after my surgery check up they told me at that check up. The results came back very quickly I had one scan on the Monday and one on the weds and my results were there when I went see the oncologist on the Thursday. Hope that helps xxxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Sarah will prob know the answer to that,if she can stop swearing long enough to tell you!!!
MadAnge

I am probably gonna ask a silly question now but when so they give u body scans and stuff. Is is pre chemo? Pre medication? I know I am not anywhere near that due to more surgery but ....... Just asking the question xx
familytree

Yes all over?! Fingers crossed ..see onc in 6 weeks but no mammogram for a year? I'm wanting full body scan ! Lol. X
Jill1998
Community Champion

Oh don't you start swearing too!!!!
MadAnge

Well I have a few things to say bleep bleep bleep bleepers!! Have no Idea why??? Bleep bleep x
MadAnge

Yep Jill my day depends on what mood each one of them is in. At least every day is interesting but exhausting at mo as 2 yr old does not understand xx
Sarahd-1

I'll bleep to that! 🙂 I see you said that your brother is over it's your big night out tomorrow isn't it? Hope you have a fab time xxxxx hope there's no bleeps 🙂 **bleep**
Jill1998
Community Champion

It's just sticking random bleeps at the end if posts ,website must be feeling a bit below par."Website" come and talk to us we will cheer you up!!! Have you finished now Lorna??
familytree

I've just had a bleep replacing a fine swear word! Looks like we're going to have to be kinder to the word cancer and stop replacing it with bleep' or bleep or bleep....**bleep**! 😉 x
Jill1998
Community Champion

It's stopped doing it now **bleep**
Sarahd-1

Oops 🙂 x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Well you managed the last 2 posts without swearing and they both had kisses at the end...who knows...anyone new to the Forum will think you are very colourful in your language, hee hee...
Sarahd-1

Ive looked at my posts and some it is where i put kisses on the end! Better stop doing that then 🙂 x
Sarahd-1

Ha ha I fell for that one brilliant 🙂 I can't remember what out now I think it was only an alternative word for breast lol. That was genius Jill 🙂 hook line and sinker xxxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Stop swearing!
Jill1998
Community Champion

I'm crying laughing here!!
Jill1998
Community Champion

I was only joking ,it's not doing it to me!!! I think you and Ange are just swearing a lot without realising!!! You've both had a lot of stress recently ....