cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Sounds like she just will just have to accept the advice given Barry, but it's really hard as you really just want to do normal things and not have your world be totally about cancer.
bazza7676

Fingers crossed about your hair Jill x

Ange, good you need some rest sometimes x

We want to the physio and because Nikki still has a bit of pain and discomfort doing her exercises. She recommends Nikki not go back to work until that's improved and do as little as possible, plus I should massage her before she does her exercises . So Nikki's a bit frustrated by that. But she needs to rest and recover as she'll have chemotherapy and radiotherapy to deal with soon.
MadAnge

Had a word with the other half so I am having him some of the time but not all 🙂 just feel tired. Never mind won't be long xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Not surprised you are scared Ange, each stage is anxiety provoking ,you just don't know what to expect and how you will deal with it .Such a shame we all live so far apart ,we could help with toddler,give you a bit of peace ,could send him and the dog out for a walk!!!
MadAnge

Hi Jill, that does not sound good. Big hug. Just plodding here. Had mad toddler again today. Have a couple of hospital appointments on Wednesday one with surgeon followed by one with oncologist to pick up pre meds and stuff. As its getting closer I am starting to get a little apprehensive. I know it needs to be done but I am still scared xxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes ,got penicillin .
familytree

Touch wood Jill! your boob sounds so painful.. are you on the anti biotics now? hope so. x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good news bad news day, I have quite bad infection in area of broken skin from rads, may need iv antibiotics if doesn't improve in 48 hrs, good news doc doesn't think my hair falling out is due to Tamoxifen and thinks it's related to stress and the radiotherapy treatment and will grow back, we shall see!!
familytree

Gosh Fuffs, that sounds awful! poor you.. Thanks for the explination, I'm sure you are right though he looked more puzzled than convincing lol. Oh the joys! 🙂 x Fine Thanks Barry how's you and Nikki? x
bazza7676

Evening. How was everyone today?
Fuffs123

Oh Lorna, know just how you feel I think. After my 2nd surgery I collapsed at home and had to be blue lighted to hospital, lost the blood supply to my bowel and nearly ended up with a stoma. 10 days in hospital. Just what you don't need when you're battling BC too. The human body has an amazing capacity to heal itself I've discovered but you need to help it by resting. If you get anything similar happen again you must go straight to A& E. If you'd had a serious bleed, your iron levels would be low and that's why they did a blood test. Sometimes **bleep** never seems to stop happening does it. Sending you lots of hugs xx
familytree

My sis lives in Cornwall...flushing. Love visiting her x
bazza7676

And the weekend is nearly over 😞
A.Faed

I don't see him as often as I would like, we live in Kent and my daughter lives in Cornwall! You are right though, he will be coming home with lots of bugs which aren't much to him but could cause complications for you.

Sarahd-1

I miss seeing my grandson he has just started preschool and thought that at the moment probably best not to see him as he is picking up alsorts at the moment. Xxxxx
A.Faed

Oh dear Lorna, that was horrible! You just sometimes wonder when all this s**t is going to stop raining down on you! Perhaps the Dr had a red blood cell count done? Maybe that would have been down if you had had an internal bleed. (If I sound like I might know what I'm talking about it's just because I'm good at blagging!) You need to rest as much as possible.

Sunny here in Herne Village, two loads of washing on the line and now watching Disney Junior (20 month old Grandson is staying at the moment) and eating grapes, not too shabby a day so far!

Amanda x

familytree

Thanks guys, always a tonic. Good luck with appointments and treatment next week everyone. I see onc on Thursday too. X
Shazza1970

How scary Lorna hope you're feeling better now. Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend! Actually got out of the house yesterday, took my daughter back to uni. I was pleased that I managed that and felt well! Good luck with your appointments this week Barry. Take care everyone xxxx
bazza7676

I hope you feel better soon Lorna. Sunny in Cambridge (at Nikki's parents) too. Physio tomorrow and oncologist on Wednesday. So more appointments.
Sarahd-1

That sounded like you had a scare lorna. I know I am on chemo but the a shock like that is still not nice for any one to go through. All here to support each other hun. One week to go Ange it will fly by. My brain hasnt been on top form since my op but I think its the steroids that send you a bit loopy and forgetful. This is going to sound weird but even though I said it makes you loopy and forgetful I am very aware of what its doing I just cant remember what I said and did. I hav e to write everything down 🙂 xxx
MadAnge

Lovely Lorna, we all have bad times. This is what we are here for ....... Support, hugs and moan time. Big hugs xxx
PeggyCat

That must have been scary Lorna. Hope you feel better soon. I think the bottom on my garden is about the furthest I'll go today but it really is lovely now and there is the most beautiful butterfly on one of the plants.

familytree

Thanks ladies. Moan over! You have chemo to contend with ..I need to buck up! Have a great day x x
MadAnge

Hi Sarah, it worries me as I already have chemo brain and I have not started treatment. 1 week to go ....... Count down begins xx
Sarahd-1

Sorry that sounds great I meant to ange about funday. What a lovely thing to do 🙂 Having a bit of chemo brain this morning xxxx
Sarahd-1

I hope you feel better really soon Lorna. Get lots of rest. That sounds great. I was supposed to be going to a carboot this morning with my friends but the girl who is doing it has come down with a cold so thought best to stay away xxxx
MadAnge

Hope you are feeling better soon Lorna. Weather is ok here in Sunny Bedfordshire we are off to a fun day to raise money for a buggy for my friends son with down syndrome. Let's hope the weather holds out xx
familytree

Morning guys. A nice day here too but I've been unwell since my birthday Thursday. Got a bit tipsy but was violently sick and it was black?! Thought it may be foood poisoning but decided to check and phone NHS who got Dr to call me. He told me to get to A&E immediately, that it was highly likely it was an internal bleed! Was going to send ambulance but pretended I had a lift and drive myself. Anyway after a blood test Dr said no sign of bleed ( how can they tell from blood test?) And probably my hiatus hernia. More tablets to line stomachs....sick to death of pills ! It's left me feeling quite weak and low. When will I feel well again? Grrr. Sorry to sound miserable, it doesn't help anyone including myself but just want to get it off my chestm have a nice day everyone. Love Lorna x x
PeggyCat

Morning. Pretty nice here in South London too. Hubby is keeping me supplied with tea and newspapers and I have a cat keeping me company.

Sarahd-1

Morning. How is everyone? Weather is lovely in Bristol. How is it everywhere else?
I think I might have to get hubby to drive me somewhere for tea 🙂 xx
yil

Jill1998
I'am the same since I had my problem, which has been nearly 2 year.
Sarahd-1

Great t.v that you don't have to concentrate on too much 🙂 xxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

You either like it it you don't,I like TV that doesn't require much brain power!!!
FionaJMD

Never watched BB in my life
Jill1998
Community Champion

Sad , but in a good way!!!
spongebob52

Loving celebrity big brother, it's so sad go jenna

Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Fiona ,pure Aloe Vera is supposed to be very good,not tried it though,a bit scared about using anything new on burnt broken skin,I had reaction to E45 cream which I have used before with no issues ,rads seem to sensitise you to things that you tolerated before .

FionaJMD

I have been thinking about the radiotherapy burns down the line and I love my SBC Aloe Vera skincare gel. I use loads of it after waxing and for sunburn. I was glad to see on that website they talk about Aloe Vera. I buy it from QVC - http://www.qvcuk.com/CatalogSearch?mzind=N&refine=4294967132&description=Search+results_SBC&langId=-...
Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Amanda. my acupuncturist recommended that website,I will have a look .
A.Faed

Oh Jill, you do sound fed up! You must be uncomfortable with it all! Have you tried Calendula cream? My daughter swears by it for all sorts of skin irritations, you could ask the BN if it's ok but I found this; http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=2947

Nelson do one and you can get it in Boots.

Amanda x

MadAnge

What I meant to say was I am not just watching the game 🙂 x
MadAnge

Only you know how you feel Jill xxx I watch Rugby but have to admit I'm normative just watching the game lol xxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Yeh me too,Im an intellectual!!!
Sarahd-1

I dont watch the rugby either for the same reason im will be watching cbb i expect 🙂 quality television xxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

I don't have lumps Ange,about the only thing I don't have!!!!I can do phased return it's just a matter of when I do that,I was warned I would get worse before I got better, this is not a normal sort of heeling .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Green and Blacks ice cream on burnt bits to cool down , then eat !!!I don't understand rugby ,I can tell we are winning but that's about it !!!Will watch Celebrity Big Brother instead !!!
MadAnge

Hi Jill if you are concerned about the lumps speak to your surgeon or BCN. Don't go back to work until you feel ok. Are they doing a gradual return to work to see how you cope? Xxx green and blacks ice cream sounds good xxx
Sarahd-1

They came back jill at 19.30 and cooked tea! I am very impressed So they are now playing a card game which is very weird and watching the rugby. With a couple of cans. 🙂 You cant go back to work like that are you have you been to g.p? Go for the green and blacks ice cream. It is lush. I know you have had different ops but I had lumps and bumps from drain. Its gone now but I can still feel where it was xxx
PeggyCat

You need a double dose of Green and Blacks Jill. Sorry you are feeling so rotten. Virtual hug (but not on your poor burnt bits). x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Amanda I had hard lump where they did guided wire, and lots of lumps and bumps too.