1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

JenJen

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Delly , I live in Manchester hubby lives miles away (most of the time) due to work commitments so it was him having to do the travelling. Im not rich enough for The Alex ..

Welcome home Claire xx rest up take things easy

Love to everyone else and big hugs xx

I have been for my CT scan today made sure I wore nothing metal so in and out with no changing out of my leggings and dress and fantastic stretchy bra which impressed the ladies in radiology no end 🙂 so was in and out within 45 minutes... though knowing my local hospitals usual delays in clinic and lack of parking spaces we parked on the council car park nearby and we paid for 4 hours parking so we weren't stressed if clinic overran! so we made a generous donation to the local council today..
Jill1998
Community Champion

That's a relief Chris, thought it was an under reported side effect ......you have enough to deal with without having to walk at an angle too...

Caffy

Haha Jill, I'm spending so much time in bed I am sideways most of the time! I've no idea why my pic is sideways! It seems to be a quirk on the site. We October chemo ladies decided to put faces to names and several of us have uploaded pics (some more successfully than others!!) Glad to hear Claire is back home and starting to recover - well done! Have a great weekend everyone. Chris X 

delly

In the words of Victor Meldrew - I don't beLIEVE it. Two of you still managed to sneak in before my last post. Something weird's going on. .It's a conspiracy. You're ALL against me. And ... I'm only little. It's downright  bullying.

That's great Claire, and I am soooo glad you braved looking at yourself. I can remember doing it myself as soon as poss. It makes a big difference facing/tackling the appearance soon on at the beginning.   Seems to help psychologically - it's like that first step of acceptance and REacceptanceof of your now different body in your head, a mark of it's tenacity to still be surviving, and that it'sreally  not so bad to look at after all. Give yourself lots of cossetting. I can't believe you're out so soon. That's absolutely Fandabidozee ! xxx

Can I just say - Bazza, Just WHO are you trying to kid, telling us you've got the sniffles and you and Nikki have been having to wear face masks. We ALL konw you just like playing "Doctors and Nurses". Ain't no flies on us, darrrlin..

Shazza - well done on your 1/2 way.I managed to escape chemo and boy, did I thank someone somewhere for it. I have the utmost respect for you chemo girls and what you have to deal with. 

Annie - I've purposely saved you to the last. I used to do it as a kid and I'm doing it as an adult woman as well.(not mature so much as still a big kid).  Phew, I got goosey bumps ALL over from your post. And I totally agree with not having time for superficial relationships or nasty bleeps any more, Until they've experienced it, walked a mile . . .  But I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's a necessary bummer of an evil. 

Like yourself, I'd always taken good care of mesen, swam 2-3 x a week, and rambled (walking you lot, not talking) most weekends, drank moderately, ate REALLY healthily, no fam history and BLAM. Only found the blasted thing because my shower sponge was long past its sell by date and was having to soap myself down with my hands, until I'd bought myself a new sponge. How fortuitous was THAT.   47.yrs - mastectomy That was 9yrs ago.  9 mnths later, BLAM again -  mastectomy (48 and 8yrs ago  T)hank goodness we only have TWO !!!.

What. Why. No flippin rhyme nor reason with it all. That's 9 and 8yrs ago and I keep gripping on by the nails

i wish, Annie, someone had said to me, "be prepared for family and close friends to be unable to deal with it and be distant" . I would have coped better with a couple of things.

Bless you lovey. You keep well

Dellywellyding bloomin dong xxx

Love to all

Sissylw1980

Good news Claire, glad you're home and feeling positive now that it's all out! Sissy xx
Tandy 4

👏🏼👏🏼 Yay great news Claire!!!! Now you keep up the pain relief, positivity and rest! Xxx 

Thankyou Annie for your post 👍🏼 

Wish these forum posts had 'like' buttons!!!

👍🏼💑👞🕶🍂🍁☀️🌯🍴🍷☺️

I've been out all afternoon, been glorious! Hubby made picnic lunch and we went on a long walk to the Linn falls in Aberlour, through all the woodlands and round the beautiful river. So peaceful and tranquil sitting drinking coffee and eating flapjacks by the river this afternoon in the autumn sun watching the world go by! ☺️ Out from one and home at 6! 

Relaxing now before a fish supper treat and a large glass of red....... Off pain killers 👍🏼  Yeah I know, I know, not a really healthy eating day 😜 But hey! What a nice way to end a perfect day with my wonderful fella 😘

Lol..... Apologies I love my emojis!.......  FB page?? 

Xxxx Tina 

Jobey68

Brilliant to hear you are home Claire! its amazing what you can deal with isn't it, plenty of rest now recouping now 😊 Xx 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Thank you Annie , wise words.
Annie25

I was diagnosed a year ago today with breast cancer - to say it was a shock gets nowhere near how devastated I felt . The prognosis was not good. I was in my early 60s, still in stimulating work, had always been a normal / slim weight, drank little alcohol, kept to a very healthy diet, did lots of sports and had no family history of breast cancer. If it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone. Your breast cancer is not your fault. I was greatly encouraged by those from this forum who popped back here years later to report on progress .

So my message to all you newly diagnosed ladies is that it will probably be tough but doable . Make the most of the support you have - be prepared for close friends and even family to be unable to deal with your diagnosis and to be distant. Keep up a healthy diet (don't get obsessed about particular foods), drink loads of water, maintain exercise (see below) and ignore the endless miracle cures reported in the press (most are at a very early stage). I had an elective mastectomy (no prob)- wandered round the local M and S next day with the drains hidden under a coat; then 5 months of the maximum dose of chemo (my tumour was small but an 'aggressive' grade 3). I walked / ran an hour a day all through chemo despite my oncologist telling me that this would be impossible. My VERY low immunity caused by the chemo meant that I stopped almost all social things . Early afternoon cinema showings - virtually empty- were a welcome break with my long suffering partner. Hair loss was immediate and still something I find hard to deal with as it is the outward sign of the cancer treatment. After chemo I had three weeks of rads when I took short afternoon naps from time to time but was otherwise fine. Now on 5-10 years (!) of hormone tablets - four months in and no probs with these.

The psychological loneliness and inevitable anxieties are the hardest parts of the whole process. This forum and the private Facebook spinoff of the group of ladies diagnosed at the same time as myself has been an indescribably MASSIVE support and source of laughter . Think positively , go with how you feel and know that you will come out the other side with - very probably - like myself - more genuine friends (I find I have little time now for token friendships), a sense of the power of good above and beyond yourself, and recognition of your own strength and resilience.
Nikki3588

Thanks ladies 🙂

My excuse for the long post Delly, is that I very rarely post and therefore have a lot to say. I should get into the habit of post more often so my posts are shorter.......but then again, maybe Delly and I can compete for the longest post?! 😉

Don't get me wrong Ruth - the kitchen look me all day and I was knackered afterwards but thought it was a good idea at the time. Next time I have an idea like that, I going to have a lay down and re-think, lol.

Glad to hear you're home and doing well Claire - make sure you take it easy.

Hope you're feeling better soon Shazza and Chris xx
shazza45

Hi Ladies
Great news Clare that you are back home safe and sound, make sure you take it easy xx
Nikki - good news that you're feeling better and you and Barry will get to see Dynamo later, have s fab time! Xx
I had my 3rd chemo yesterday feeling a bit groggy but not to bad, can't believe I'm half way there already!
Hope everyone else is doing well big hugs xxxx
delly

Oy , you've all jumped in. My post was supposed to be before all of you and after Familytree (where DO oyu get some of htese names from!) - Lorna. Now Nikki and everyone and the rest of you will think I'm ignoring you. Ah well, that'll teach me  to type such long posts - I either need to shorten them or learn to bloomin type. Now I've got to read all the way back, and that Nikki's nearly as bad as me with her rambling long post  - huh.  And THEN she goes putting us all to shame, zipping around like flippin Superwoman !

Glad you're coping Nikki - have they put you on steroids as well ? I'm so glad you didn't find your first swat as bad as you thought. And now move over - I'm taking over this site not you.

Caffy,Chris - Hi. to you. (Another one who's popped out from the chemo coven! ( Reading my post is probably gonna make your headache worse) Orrr, I am naughty.  Glad you're doing okay, apart from the head and exhaustion and your hair. Awwww.

Bazza - Dynamo Nikki's seeing Dynamo tonight. He's great isn't he. I hope you really enjoy it. The certainly like your shows don't you.

Jill - you can buzz off too.

Now leave me alone, I've got to go and get some cat food. No the cat's eating cake. I'm on the Whiskars. I've taken one of these St Johns Wort tablets today - think it's sent me hyper ? or  I've finally truely cracked. Quick Delly get this in before someone ELSE pushes in - phew, made it 

Lotsa love DingDong.xxxxx 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Well done Claire,glad you are home safe.Dont try and do too much ,get looked after as much as you can.
Cs66

i am home! Less than 24 hours ago I was dreading surgery, but now it's over and I feel so much better because the evil cancer is out of me! I have even looked at my now flat on one side chest and was ok with that too! Proably still high on drugs but as Victoria Derbyshire said a mastectomy is doable! Everyone was so kind at the hospital and helped me get through. Long journey ahead I know, but at least I am on my way! Thanks everyone for your kind wishes and support.

Claire xxxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Nice to hear you are doing well Nikki.Chris and Peggy nice to see your pictures ,Chris, has chemo made you tilt sideways??
bazza7676

Delly I'm awaiting results of a blood test but fingers crossed it's nothing and definitely hope I'll never have to have chemo!

I've been under the weather most of the week. Coughing and spluttering day n night. So much so that we've been wearing surgical masks at home!

Nikki's doing well now in comparison to the first few days, so much so that as she has said she rearranged and cleaned half the kitchen yesterday. While we're going to see Dynamo tonight.
delly

Cor babypink - I've got to hand it to you. Bike test and a Skye hol - wonderful. You been before? Check it out for a large house for the Boob Buddies Commune (BBC) will ya, pref next to the sea. It's very beautiful and a nice quiet time to go. Will you be doing some walking up the Cullin Mountains do you think. Plus you get really good food on the islands. Lovely fresh fish, seafood and meat (not to mention quality whiskey). Just the job to boost you up before the next "squatting roach" bashing.  Good on you. I could do with some of your go-get attitude. Do you not have any family or friends close by that you could stay with or could take turns to stay with you to see you through the worst days/nights. I'm hoping you wont have ANY of very few if so.

Peggycat - I daren't ask about your "lady garden". I had to chuckle at that term. Mine's dwindling just from the effects of 6 years menopause, never mind chemo. Nothing much to Bejazzle if I ever fancied it ! Yes, I know it's all a bit personal for this time of the morning - but I'm sure Bazza wont mind us talking about it. He seems like a man of the world. I popped in to the chemo posts early hours of the morning just to see what you're all getting up to on there. Sounds like you're just sitting lazing around most of the day drinking potions and clapping each other to me !! Happyclappy Club. On a less teasing, playful note - how are you doing today and with it all at the mo ?. It's a long slog for you all isn't it.  Is Bazza having chemo or was he just popping in to say Hello?

Lorna - So yeh, your doc suggested Aspirin for its blood thinning properties. But, it is awful for upsetting the gut, espesh long term. Last time I ever tried was years ago, very low dose in a paracetamol mix pill. Only one tab and ended up having to take  Gaviscon after.

I have actually been doing a bit of research as well this morning. Looking into Macclesfield "Mind" but they don't offer counselling here. Guess their funds don't stretch to it. But the site offered a load of really good info the different types of counselling/therapy and what's recommended for what. Soo looks like I'll have to fork out privately. It's all a bit hit and miss, trial and error as to whom to go to, hopiing they'll be suited and what type suits. All of which takes time and, of course ££'s. But I'm investing in my own mental welfare.  I started out looking at the antidepressants Jobey recommended, but I'm not sure I trust her. Think she might be wanting to get rid of me off here. I don't like the damn things, anything that's basically mood changing and taking it out of your control so to speak. And as i've said, those I have tried made me feel vacant headed, bit zombified (more so than I normally am). So that's how I got sidetracked onto Mind. I'm going to try St Johns Wort for a while and stick at it, see how that goes

Hope you're all having a good or better day. Hope you're maybe a bit better today Claire.

Dellypoos xx   

PeggyCat

Great to see your update Nikki (well not the bit about you being sick obviously but hopefully they will control that better next time). Glad you are gradually starting to feel better. No way I've the energy to rearrange my kitchen but that might just be due to laziness. Smiley Very Happy

Ruth x

Caffy

Great to hear from you Nikki, I had been wondering how you were getting on. Barry hasn't been very forthcoming with your condition lately!! I'm day 15 from FEC 1 today. Hair all still intact, and I have had many days when I feel fine but also days (like today) when I'm completely exhausted. Also got a bad headache today, don't know if that's anything to do with imminent hair loss. Still, we will keep smiling and get through this one way or another, with the help of this forum.  Chris xx 

Nikki3588

Morning ladies, hope you're all well.

Just wanted to pop on and thank you all for your well wishes and assure you all that Barry has not had me locked away for the last week 😉

Had my first FEC last Thursday; although I was at the hospital for a long time (had pre-chemo chat before my session, cold capped and had a zoladex implant), the actual session was not as bad or scary as I thought it was going to be. Was sent home with multiple tablets and injections but told not to take any of it until the following day.
Unfortunately I started feeling nauseous about an hour after leaving the hospital and was terribly sick that evening / night. I phoned the chemo unit and they told me to take one of my Domperidone pills but it was too late by then I continued to be sick that night and the following day.
The following two days I ached so much, the kind of aching when you have really bad flu, and wondered how on earth I could do this another 5 times! Then day 5 I woke up feeling so much better 🙂 Each day that passes I feel that bit more positive about getting through the next session.

I'm now day 9 of FEC 1 and feeling back to normal (albeit with a huge appetite) - have been out and about, done a bit of shopping and even rearranged the kitchen yesterday!
All hair is still firmly in place; good news for the hair on my head, bad news for the rest of my body - particularly as I put off shaving in anticipation of it all falling out.

Anyways, I'm always reading your posts and wanted to thank you for keeping me entertained, especially whilst I was feeling cr**py.

Hoping those who have recently had surgery are recovering well, sending hugs to those awaiting appointments and results, virtual hand holding to those having further treatment in the coming weeks, keeping fingers crossed that side effects are minimal for those who have recently had treatment, high fives to those back at work and love and well wishes to all.

Nikki xxx
familytree

Delly my Dr just believed in it to prevent strokes good circulation etc so wasn't anything medical ...mine are coated, just thought I would give it a break with the low iron .Love Lorna x
PeggyCat

Morning Delly. Indeed the hairs are still there and showing no signs of budging or stopping growing. Typical eh? Hair on head still there as well although, as I've just said on another thread, I'm barely touching it and haven't opened the blinds yet so am sitting here in very dim light. My theory is if I can't see what's going on then everything must be okay. Smiley Happy

Hope everyone is doing okay today. xxxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Good attitude Baby pink,the treatment is an investment in your future.Cancer gone, this is to prevent it coming back.There is lots of support advice/ available on here for when you are going through chemo you will not be alone.
Babypink

I did manage to sleep

I have grade two cancer which was large both modes 1 and 2 had signs of cells. I have been told twice its all gone by having a full mastectomy and they went quite deep and wide. There happy with the surgery. I'm going away in two weeks to isle of Skye for a week with my best friend. Then back to work then after that chemo. I live in my own which is really adding to my concerns for night time if I'm ill

I'm exploring wigs at the moment in case I can't handle the cold cap. I keep going by telling myself it's only six months out of the rest of my life it's a drop in the ocean. I'm also put in for my motorbike test next week. I'm trying my best
delly

Peggycat - hows the chemo going. Are those hairs still hanging on to your chinny chin chin for dear life !!???

Are you sure you're not all mixing potions and spells in the chemo threads - I think you're all running a secret coven really !! And who cares as long as it still kicks the big C in the butt. xx

delly

Hello peeps,

Jen Jen - That is disgraceful. What you doing coming all the way up here ?? From where ? Were you going to Christies or the Alexander Hospital ? Where did you go for breakfast in Didders?  Sorry for all the questions. i used to live 10 mins from Didders, and now in Macclesfield, I'm directly on the border of Cheshire and Derbyshire - it is lovely isn't it. The Tesco tills here have got a fantastic view of hills a short distance away. Well hopefully your brekkie and views made up for some of it. Let me know in advance when you're next coming up  and depending where you're going back to and which way - I can recommend a few places, country pubs for a good lunch. I've done a lot of walking in Derbyshire, even before I moved over and a nice country pub at the end was obligatory !! X

What's all this about aspirin then? I've been locked away the last two days.  Tho I can't take it - badly affects my stomach. I could get coated ones (enteric is the word I think). I always found them the best pain killers for anything before stomach probs with them. Aspirin's fantastic for arthritis too - still one of the best anti-inflammatories.  Did you know it's derived from the Willow tree. If you burn the leaves you can smell an aspirin smell.  There you are - all that from treating feet !! 

So what are the claims for it doing??

Familytree - (soz, can't yet remem all your personal names if you don't sign off with them) were you taking it for it's blood thinning anticoagulant purpose? Had you got a heart prob??

Tina- don't forget your lavender gel and Bio Oil. I can't remember what your next appt is for - why are you dreading it. Is it path results from your op and nodes?? It's okay - I've just read further up and you've answered to Babypink. Fingers crossed for that one.

Babypink - sorry about your diagnosis. Yeh, I can understand your concerns.. Are you quite young?  If you phone up your Breast Care Nurse she will provide all your results info in print. She should do. Are you talking about "cold cap" treatment. You might do as well to ask the other chemoers on here about that, and under the "Going through treatment" Chemo section if you haven't already. I've heard it's very uncomfortable - not painful, and yes, it only tends to "delay" the hair loss. They can tell you better than me. But people say they get relly excited about it growing back, not much consilation to you at the tho' I doubt. I'm not surprised you're scared - I would be too. I managed to escape it. Did you have a lumpectomy or Mastectomy?? Keep us in touch. 

I've only been off exploring and babbling away on a few other threads girlies, not abandoned.  Jobey was it you or Fuffs that was watching Ospreys on Rutland Water. Is Rutland down in the South ?? How fantastic is that. Well I cannot beat that, BUT, I was telling JuicyJobey (!) I saw a really lovely, delicate butterfly today and it's nearly the end of October so it's been warm the last afternoons for that to break out of its cocoon. Wasn't a cabbage white, red admiral, copper whatever, never seen one like it. Said I thought it was my Mum saying Hello.  No doubt it'll have a shock soon when t'weather turns.

Mandy from another thread and I have decided to set up a commune for us singletons, who's husbands, wives or partners have walked out on them. I said I'd start looking for a big house by the sea. But if we don't get some more joiners it might just be a beach hut. We're gonna form a choir cos' Gavin says it's good for you, I'm cooking apparently i.e. pasta for breakfast, lunch and dinner except on my night off when Jobey's gem of a husband's coming over to cook us all his famous steak and chips.Isn't he Jobey - good man.  Mandy's gonna grow the veges.  I'm guiding walks. I could have provided massage therapy before my hands started getting knackered (another poss income stream knocked on the head No seriously, I wanted to set up a practice here at home. I got all the training and quals years ago and always kept a hand in with it - really enjoyed it ).

Anyway I'm going now - been glued to this thing for almost two days and it keeps me awake.

Nite nite all, Delly xxx    

Tandy 4

Oh god I can only imagine how scared you are!....... I'm worrying about my meeting to find out what's next?!

can I ask a few questions please? I'll fully understand if you'd prefer not to answer....... 🙃

What grade was yours? Were your lymph nodes affected? What surgery, if any did you have and when? 

Im dreading and petrified they'll say I've to get chemo for the silly same, in the grand scheme of things!?reasons!!! 

Hope you manage some sleep Hun. Xxxxx Tina 

Babypink

Hi all

today was the day for me with the oncology Dr.    So my treatment options are radio therapy with hormone tablets or chemotherapy with radio therapy then tablets.  She strongly recommended to include chemo as it increases my rate by 10%.  I was bamboozled by the stats and I just did not understand it but my fella took it all in and was fantastic. According to my consultant and the oncology Dr my cancer has been removed and now it's treatment time to protect me going firward

im in a sort if nowhere land tonight I didn't get too upset which was weird.  I'm more concerned about my hair loss and sickness it scares me terribly. I have been offered a treatment which is quite painful but helps retain hair and has good results. It lasts about 10 to 15 mins. I got to thinking if I can cope with 6hrs of excruciating peritonitis I can cope with this 

im scared I am

Jill1998
Community Champion

Fingers crossed you get answers soon then Tina.If anyone gets advice from Onc re aspirin/tamoxifen/Letrozole I would be interested to hear .
Tandy 4

Thanks Jilly, no...... Not had appointment through yet!....  Dreading that visit. Feels like an age since my surgery, but in reality it's 14 days!....... My consultant on holiday, but plastics nurse said someone must be reading my notes as they hadn't sent my file down this week!?....... Ah well, just have to sit it out and wait eh? 

Have good day everyone xxxx 

familytree

My Dr recommended asprin to me years ago 75 ml so was taking it for ages but my iron levels keep dropping so I stopped as they suspect internal bleeding somewhere. Got to sort that out but not in mood.. want a rest from hospitals. Will take it again no problem but be interesting to know if it sits along side letrozole x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Glad you are moving forward Tina and feel more comfortable , have you got appointment for results yet ?
Jill1998
Community Champion

75mg daily is what they have found to be helpful in preventing reoccurrence ,I am rattling at the moment with supplements etc and also taking Tamoxifen which affects blood clotting too I think so I want to ask about it before I start taking them.
Tandy 4

Ooo Bazza (and everyone else!) I've read some reports about daily aspirin and I'm keen to ask my consultant next time I see her about this...... But what about rhubarb? Am I missing something? 

Im currently on way Home from long journey to hospital clinic, and up since 6 too Jenjen, but at least my journey wasn't wasted!..... That's pants!!! Hope you're having a nice day now. My hubby has just moved jobs too and I feel all this **bleep**e has/is affecting it but his work have been great and he's off with me for month.... At least. Sore and dressing free! 😱 Feeling tired but that's another appointment down xxx hugs to you all...... Keep posting!! Xxx Tina 

bazza7676

It probably will depend on the dosage.

Jill1998
Community Champion

Jen ,you must have been so fed up .Try and enjoy your day in the countryside if you can.
Jill1998
Community Champion

I have looked into the aspirin and the research is pretty convincing I just want to talk to my G.P about any possible side effects for me from taking it before I do.I think it will become recommended for all breast cancer patients soon.
bazza7676

Delly, Keep em coming

Jen, I'm not surprised your peed off! Plus what a jounrey for your hubby 😞

Hello to everyone x

PS. Is everyone adding aspirin and rhubab to your diets?

A.Faed

Don't go Delly, it is really important to be able to speak to and support, people at all stages, and you bring so much insight and fun! 

I hope we all stay for a LONG time, if only to just to dip in and say hi occasionally, if thats what you prefer! 

There is so many places on the forum to go for specific info and support, here as well but I like coming here just for a 'general; chit chat!

Amanda x

JenJen

I am fed up today 😞

Hospital appointment or lack of.... if they cant get my first appointment right at the specialist centre how can I have faith in them (which I really need to have) in the future..so the hubby took 3 days off work, drove 250ish miles to come see my oncologist with me for the first time , last week I double checked that doctor would want to see me as originally they said they wanted my CT scan results before he saw me and thats not till tomorrow . Anyway was told yes he wanted to see me,triple checked on this week that it was correct he would see me without those results again was yes, so hubs drives up the country and took 3 days off from a very high pressure stressful job that he really could have done with working this week. Anyway 6am this morning gets us up 7am head off for appointment as crossing busy city in rush hour both zombified the OH from 8hr drive yesterday me from worry and little sleep last night..arrive check in get bloods done wait for a few mins to then be told...he cant see you without the CT results you need to come back next Thursday.More annoyingly each time I checked I pointed out the leave, journey etc my hubby would need to make and was told yes appointment is on. Hes now lost 3 days from work and will have to do the same again next week which yes we acknowledge it isnt as important as me but hes worked hard to get where he has got in his career and I have already thrown his life into chaos without messing up his career and little bit of normal.

Other than that things looked up we decided since we were up and didnt want to hit rush hour on the way back home we went for brekkie in Didsbury then a lovely drive in the peaks and are going to make the most of the day.

Hope all well x
Jen

Jobey68

Delly your are a godsend to us newish lot! To be able to chat to someone who is almost 10 years down the line is brilliant !! 😊😊
delly

Claire - sending love for in your pocket and to tickle you in your dreams whilst you're asleep Ha !! Enjoy your sleep and sweet healing dreams.

Dellywelly xx

Ps. If any of you want a post with a load of nutters on - try "stop feeling guilty, small rant - Benchland. It's under   Living with cancer. You won't know what they're all going on about to begin with but if you fancy some amusing reading - scroll back to the beginning and read onwards. There's loads of it so it takes ages. I got about 1/3 way through. It's no wonder I'm up all hours of the night and not getting anything else done, but at least I'm smiling Smiley Mad albeit a bit cross-eyed xx 

Cs66

Please don't stop posting all you ladies who are further down the line. You have been so supportive and your advice and experiences really help those of us starting out on this. Getting ready to go to hospital- feels surreal xxxx
delly

But I'm 8-9 YEARS down the line!! not months (and I've been a right misery-guts for much of the last 6yrs of those !!)

Oh But Fuffs / Francine,   when I just got back onto this post it came up at the June ones.  I've just been chuckling at your chocolate biscuit meltdown !! (thank goodness the shop assistant kindly went and  got another packet for you otherwise you probably would have committed murder harrycarry on the lady who'd taken the last packet on the shelf !!), then you couldn't find your car, and your other blubs of that day - awwww. It's funny looking/thinking back on initial behaviour, shock from the results, people talking of chemo brain etc.

My Mum was with me for my 1st results - I was almost on the floor when I was told and I had to drive us home afterwards. She insisted I stopped at the shop on the way back. All I wanted to do was go home and curl up,  but she came out sporting a bottle of whisky. So when we got home, we both ended up getting absolutely sozzled and giggling like a couple of schoolgirls instead !!  A neighbour popped in to find out how I'd gone on and couldn't believe it was such bad news !!  Miss my Mum like a constantly aching hole - bless her. We were a rock to each other through all sorts of traumas.

No seriously, I felt so conscious of taking up space and time on here from you who are currently having to go through it all.  Plus that I've been a bit mis and serious at times.

Ohhhhh - all right then.  Lorra luv,    Dellypoos xxxxxxxxxxx

Fuffs123

Hi Delly. PLEASE don't leave us! I'm hardly recently diagnosed either, as it was January when I found out I had BC. Ten months down the line, I'm hopefully nearing the end of treatment but I won't be going anywhere, sorry girls! I love your posts, eloquent, incisive and funny! There's so much 'crossover' on the threads anyway and having the experience of others who are further down the line when you are recently diagnosed is so valuable and comforting. Xx
familytree

Ha ha ha hush your mouth Jill! X
Jill1998
Community Champion

Unless you are Lorna obviously she should bugger off....
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi all, there are no rules about where people should post ,if it were only newly diagnosed people on the thread everyone would just be mildly hysterical and terrified !!!It helps to have the experience of others further on in the treatment process and through the other side.People who had already been through treatment and seemed pretty positive where the first people to reply to me and that really reassured me.Ladies from last years chemo threads post on this years to give women advice and support etc.This is a tough thing to go through, get support from wherever you can/need to I say.One of my suggestions for the website would be that there are a few more general support threads as people don't always fit into "categories" re treatment etc and just because you have finished treatment doesn't mean you should just drop off the face of a cliff and disappear from the site either!!!!
familytree

Hey I finished treatment in August so not newly diagnosed either. I feel I owe it to any newbies to be in here to support them, like I was. And intend to hang around here for years! Do not apologise Delly, your posts are elloquent and interesting as well as funny. We need gallons of funny! 😉 love to all x x
Tandy 4

Delly, what a lovely unnecessary post ...... I'm new to all this crap!...... And have read your posts with interest and compassion. I've jumped from the begining to now treatment so maybe I shouldn't post on here either. But I thank all of you who have been through the various stages, who have jumped in and out of threads, as I personally,  have found the insight, experiences and advice very comforting and helpful. Also the humour has helped greatly too!! 👍🏼☺️

Take care, lots of love! Xxx Tina