Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Jobey68

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

I know! πŸ˜‰ Weve spent all aftetnoon painting so i do have to earn my keep! 😜

delly

MadAnge - In that case, keep medicating yourself with the clear liquid that comes in clear bottles of varying sizes, that often have Russian writing on !! you know, the anti -flatulant mentioned previously with sprouts. It may also help with the bruising too if you rub it on them. Don't go near any naked flames tho !! xx
Sarahd-1

Hi jo yes I wi put a picture up I don't want to be the odd one out πŸ™‚ xxxxxxx
MadAnge

Afternoon ladies, what a horrid day it is too:(

Yes Delly I am giving myself anticoagulant injections - they hurt loads more than the gsf ones and they bruise you. I have been told I could be on them for 6 months. Not looking forward to these I can assure you xxx
delly

Gawd - you're sooooo spoilt Jobes. Tell him to put a thin spread of brown fruity on mine please xx

Jobey68

Hes making me Bacon butties right now Delly 😊

delly

How's Gem Jobey??  Am having fun and games with the cat tabs - if I'm to carry on sneaking it into her food, it's got to be of a type that's got a paste consistency otherwise she eats ROUND the tab, but so much easier than by mouth. Still struggling to tempt her - she's lost half her body weight.

Amanda - thinking of you. Hope you're doing okay. Speak to you soon x 

Am just catching up with Corrie and then go and do some pot bashing or box emptying (perhaps). It might be a good idea for me to use Xmas as a deadline to get house straight and sorted, that's if I can keep up the happier momentum.

Fufs - That's brill info - Thanks very much for that and yes I was/am oestrogen receptive. Suppose I could try my own acupuncture (hee!), but my nerves aren't as steady as they use to be. I'd probably end up needing a blood transfusion !! 

Hope all you chemokids and surgerysweeties are doing ok. Have a nice weekend all

Dellydoodaa xx

Fuffs123

Hi Delly. I used to work for the Medical Research Council and we did a study on natural remedies, such as those you mention. You have to be very careful. These substances are not regarded as drugs so don't have to conform to the very strict testing protocols that drugs do. Some, cohosh in particular, have been associated with liver problems on some people and the 'phyto oestrogens' as they call them (like clover) can be inadviseable for anyone who has had ER + BC. Not sure if yours was? Now acupuncture, that's safe and worth a try. Again our study showed that some people derived great benefit from it for lots of problems, including chronic pain, but others didn't. Live PET scanning during acupuncture showed great brain activity in the feel good area of the brain for some patients, producing lots of endorphins, but none in others. In short, we don't know why it works for some but not others. You might be a lucky one! Make sure you do some research on the practitioner if you are going to try it as there are some poor ones out there. Hope this helps you xx
Jobey68

Morning Delly, I'm good thanks and you? Looking forward to seeing your pic! X 

delly

Mornin Jobes - You ok lovey xx

Listen, i know you've all got much more important things to deal with but have any of you Delightful Divas had any experience/success with Red Clover, Black Cohosh or the likes of Menopace for help with HOT FLUSHES ??  Part of my probs are disturbed sleep due to.  Or have any of you any other advice of anything else eg Acupuncture ?? Am 6 years post men (opausal!!) but they're not getting any less. Bad enough during the day but unbearable some nights - wet through. Keep it in mind when you're not too busy. I'll keep asking at other times.

Dellypoos xx

Ps. I'll see if I can dig out my front page cover photo for Vogue last year to "reveal"  or my Page 3 and a 1/2 one from The Sun x

Jobey68

Tina just upload another pic and add it, would be lovely to see you 😊 I'm hoping a few more ladies reveal themselves today!! πŸ˜‰

Jobey68

Fabulous pic SpongeBob!! πŸ˜‰

delly

Morning all,

Sissy, there you are - just a few hours after !! sorry you feel teary but it's all understandable and harmless, only good to let it all out. some of it's probably relief as well. How lovely to ask your drain bag to be passed on to Amanda. Not everyones cup o' tea present wise except to us on here. An immediate connection between you both for when she wakes up. Think we're all different when it comes to facing/confronting our changed body. Bit the bullet with my initial "unveiling" the day after in the ward bathroom, wasn't the happiest experience, ended up on the floor in floods - mourning. But was a good release of the pent up emotions. Also, it didn't look as bad as I'd expected somehow and I felt so much better from. But then, I didn't have as much to lose as some size wise. x 

Madange - that's really tough for you - bummer. Hope you get back to your much required chemo soon. Because of clots, are you having to give yourself injections of Heparin or some other kind of anticoagulant ? Yeh - I've heard that extra vodka with choc covered sprouts helps counteract the flatulent effects as well as the obvious alcoholic numbing !!! x

Spongebob - how's it going with the recon? I've forgotten what type you had ?  You've done well to get back to work so soon. You pleased with and enjoying your new brumbrum? x

Lorna - the voluntary services aren't just limited to chauffering - Anything.  Plus, I do a mean beans or cheese on toast !  I agree with Sarah about your pic being very glam.  I felt lucky not to have required chemo too - had a big party to celebrate not needing it or rads.  Do you work in some form of therapy or alternative medicine ? it's just a feeling I get from your posts. Yeh know what you mean about Winter hibernation, used to be the same until menopausal hot flushes have sent me in the opposite way. Saves on heating bills tho'. Reminds me to ask for any recommendations - see later. x

JenJen - like the hair. Thanks for the restaurant update. I'm dreadfully out of touch with M/C but so glad to hear La Tasca's still going. I'm getting urges for a good paella as I speak (yummeee) - will have to find someone else to drag along along as they're for a minimum of two, or starve myself for a couple of days and wolf the lot myself ! Anyone else care to join me for a paella getogether ?? x

Sarah - you keep resting up. I don't have the excuse of chemo brain for my lack of function or doolallyness, think mine's too many late night/early morning forum sessions. x

Fuffs - Think I've been getting YOUR sore boob mixed up with Peggycat. Perhaps you could have a break from treatment for a couple of weeks - give you chance to completely rest and concentrate on rebuilding yourself up physically and mentally before returning to it ??  I don't know how detrimental that would be, if at all but no harm in asking your rads team. x

Boobyprize - that's such a brilliant and apt name !! Welcome to the UNexclusive but UNfortunate BC club. Really sorry you've had to join, but you're in a brilliant place for support, advice, or have a good sob or rant. We've all been through it in so many different ways, so there's usually someone here who's already been through anything you're struggling with to advise.

Personally, coming from having had to have a 2nd mast 9 months after the first and NO strong familial history as you have - I'd opt for bilateral and get it all over and done with in one go, rather than risking it appearing in the other at some later stage and having to go through a second life upsetting and emotional upheaval.  Being single at the time and 46, I desperately wanted immediate recon because I knew how the loss of boobs would affect me mentally body image wise, confidence wise ref. partnerships and just personal image. Couldn't have it done so have been without 8 years which I've been very unhappy about. Has taken up to last year to be in a position life circs wise to embark on recon.   Don't know your age, personal circumstances - it all comes into it decision wise. Sometimes if you know beforehand that you're going to require radio, delaying recon is advised because the skin can be affected. But that's not the case with you. 

Ref delayed versus immediate recon, there's pros and cons. Delayed gives you extra time to consider what your best recon options are or you could decide not to bother. Some women prefer to get the "cancer" aspect out of the way first, recover from that and then have the luxury of time to look into and consider all the recon options. BUT, results with immediate recon methods are usually better than from a delayed flatness and minimal skin to work with. Plus delayed recon is a much lengthier process and commitment time wise. You need to spend as much time as possible looking into the different types of recon, looking at photos of results, whether you want self tissue resulting in extra scarring to the rest of your body but the warmth and naturalness of your tissue or the simpler process of silicon implants. Being put in touch with other women who've had the various procedures to be able to physically SEE the results would be the ideal to help you decide. Don't know if your  breast care nurse could arrange that for you - there's nowt better than actually SEEing is there. All takes so much time and is incredibly difficult when you're in an already massively upset state from the diag.  But I know if I were in your shoes, I'd opt for bilateral mast with immediate recon and get it all over and done with in one go. Would have a much less prolonged invasive effect on your life, physical and emotionally. Most importantly - you need to be happy and confident with your surgeon. If not, seek another. Ask as many people as poss for recommendations.   Keep in touch with how you are and where you're up to Booby !! x

Filomenapappa - A warm welcome. Sorry for your diagnosis and treatment. There's a really good specific section for CHEMO-ers if you go to the "Going Through Treatment" section on the main page, then click on Chemotherapy. Loads of different threads to look into. Have a look and join in what I call the "Loose Women" chemo-coven for a cuppa or glassa. (I'm not a chemo-kid)  Doesn't matter where on the forum. There's so many of us, you'll get support or advice wherever you go. x

Morning Amanda - Hope all went well yesterday. Am gonna leave you to rest but catch up with how you are when you've come round more. Hope you liked Sissys pressie for your drains - int that nice of her xx

Love to all

Dingerdelly xx  (Gawd - I don't arf go on,  dun I - sorry)  

spongebob52

Welcome back , Hope you like new picture it's just taken me 2 hrs to get it on here😨
MadAnge

Oh Francine please don't give up you are half way there. Look at me I feel that way but I know I need to fight through this. My onc put it quite bluntly ........ Without chemo you may not be here for long....... It put all into perspective. Keep fighting big hugs coming your way xxxx
julesp66

I start my Chemo in 2 weeks Scarey for me

julie_m

Francine really feel for you, you have been through so much, but like the others have said please try and keep going with the rads, you've come such a long way, the last part of any race/journey is the toughest, but we're all here willing you across the finish line my lovely Smiley Wink 

Well done Ange and Sissy sending you big hugs, glad the op's are over for you Smiley Wink 

Welcome to the new ladies, I was once in your position and posted on this thread and was made to feel so welcome and have had so much help and support from everyone and you will too Smiley Wink

Jill1998
Community Champion

Welcome Filomena, yes quite a few ladies on the thread are having chemo , there are also threads in the going through treatment section for people to support each other through chemo.
JenJen

Hi Filomenapapa
I start Chemo Monday too x there are ladies on this thread that are going through or have had chemo . Come join us on the November 2015 starters too if you like its in the going through treatment section weelre going to hold each others hands virtually till we are all through chemo and the ladies from previous months and years pop in with advice x sorry you are joining us but the support this group offers is brilliant
Tandy 4
Community Champion

We'll get through it together Sissy! Such a relief you're home and drain free! Fab news! 😚 

Oh and I decided to try and reveal myself!..... Flipping photo wasn't one I wanted and I don't know how to remove!!!!! πŸ˜‚

How you doing Amanda? Claire...... Not heard from you hope you're ok? πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜š

Filomenapapa

Thanks for welcoming me! Sorry to hear that your sore after the operation! I wish you all the best!
Did you have Chemotherapy? Or has anybody on this site had it? How did you feel and cope? Xx
Sissylw1980

Tina, I'll be starting my chemo in January as well, so we'll be on the January starters thread together.

Amanda, hope today went as well as it could have done xx
Sissylw1980

Welcome boobyprize to the gang, we're all friendly here! I had a mx yesterday and tbh, I know it's early days, but it's been a lot easier to deal with pain wise than I imagined. I'm back home now and drain free which is a bonus. I feel more stiff and achy than anything, but that's more down to the anx.

I haven't had a proper look at my chest area as I'm wearing a vest, but I must say it looks strange with the flatness one side next to the remaining breast. If I thought that there was the real chance of cancer appearing in my remaining breast in the future, I'd have had them both done at the same time. I've got to wait for gene testing to be done at some point. I know it's a hard decision for you to make but we are all here to support you. Sissy xx
Filomenapapa

Hi all I don't know if I'm on the right page or not? But I was diagnosed with breast cancer About one month ago and I start chemotherapy on Monday! I am soo nervous about how it will make me feel? Can anyone shed any light please?
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Oh Francine I can only imagine how difficult the choice was to stop..... Hope you're getting the right supported and advice. 

BoobyPrize, welcome to the club none of us chose to join...... There are fab 'long timers' on here full of great advice and support..... As well as newbies who need all the advice we can get! Everyone is so full of love and support for each other. I'm a newbie and worry I've not asked enough questions at appointments!?!

I'm struggling with all the abbrevisiations! And all I know of my diagnosis us that it's hormone receptive, grade 2 lobular cancer....... Told I'll have chemo in January. I don't even know how many lymph nodes or % found in biopsies!? I cried so much during results appointment and basically said just do what you have to...... I need to know more I think!? Xxx Tina 

Jobey68

Hi BoobyPrize, we were all in the state you are now in the beginning so please don't think you are not brave as you will amaze yourself with what you can deal with, it's such a frightening time and until you have had your full results your head will be all over the place, I'm afraid I can't help regarding mastectomy as I had a lumpectomy But trust the team looking after you , there are a few ladies recently who had had a Mx and Im Sure they will be along soon with plenty of help and advice Xx Jo 

JenJen

Boobyprize welcome to the club none of us wanted to join x we were all newcomers once so join in x we love (but hate cos its a rubbish reason) new people joining us x cant help you decide really but can say if they offered to take both for me not just the one id say do it but thats my personal choice x
Post here and one of us will always help cheer you up x
G
JenJen

I havent even started on any treatment yet so Im not really qualified to say but Francine please carry on if you can they wouldnt prescribe if they didnt think you could do it and didnt need it xx I know you have had a rubbish time but if you can get through the 3 weeks you are doing everything you possibly can to ensure it b**gers off and doesnt come back xx
Boobyprize

Hello All, not sure if I'm allowed to join you as you all seem to know each other and support each other so wonderfully.

i have just been diagnosed last week and having single or double mastectomy on 23 November, I'm very frightened but I have no choice with one breast grade 2 invasive ductile breast cancer plus lots of DCIS. It's ER 8 and PR7 responsive

i have been asked to decide if I want bilateral mx as I have a very strong family history and also decide on immediate or delayed reconstruction. My head is cabbaged and I can't think straight. I dint know if I'll have chemo or rad until after the op. 

Any help on on how to decide would be brilliant, although I know it's personal.

you all sound amazingly brave, I'm usually very brave but I feel totally shocked, pathetic and then sometimes in total disbelief. 

familytree

Wise words, let me think? Lol you have been through the worst time but stopping now means you have gone through all that for nothing. Rads are used with so many cancers because they kill it! the tiredness, soreness is the price we pay.. if you were talking about the pills I can see why people may not do them. They don't seem to change the odds that much but rads do. Where do you live, have you got enough support and are you allowed to take to your bed for three weeks? What ever it takes to finish treatment and get through it. Massive love and strength Lorna x
Jobey68

Sarah are you going to join in and reveal your self!? 

Sarahd-1

I agree with Jo and Jill keep going francine. Even though it doesn't feel like it at the moment it will be worth it also for peace of mind that you completed it. Xxxxxxxxxxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Please carry on Francine , it is 3 weeks more and I know it is exhausting and depressing at times but it has such a big impact on your chances of not having to do this again.You have dealt with so much and come so far this year, recover from your infection and grit your teeth and do it. If I lived closer I would blooming come and take you myself !!!
Jobey68

Francine you are far from a wimp! Ok you may not have actually had chemo but to be honest the amount of time you have been in and out of hospital and being knocked back every step of the way you may as well have so don't give yourself a hard time, I would encourage you to see rads through then whatever happens you know you've done everything you could do, I totally understand how exhausted you must be feeling with it all but after It's just a few more days , you really can do this with oodles of support from us all 😘

Fuffs123

Sending love to Ange and Sissy, not forgetting all you other brave ladies. Glad to say I'm feeling a bit better today but have discovered that chicken and sweet corn soup plus antibiotics is not such a good thing for the stomach! Won't go in to details but it was messy😩 I had made the decision not to continue with my rads, as I don't feel physically or mentally up to it at the moment. I've had 13 sessions but the thought of another 12 ahead after the latest illness is too much. Since I have a mammogram in January anyway, if there is something still, they'll pick it up. However, the rad team have insisted I go and see the consultant on Tuesday to discuss it first. They don't take no for an answer very easily it seems. I feel so guilty that I should be such a wimp, given that you ladies going through chemo are having such a bad time compared to me but I'm totally wiped after nearly a years worth of operations and hospital stays. Looking for some wise words from you ladies. X
JenJen

Sarah x mine is a dimples? Ive fallen in love with it in light Auburn too so saving my pennies for that one too x
Thanks folks its going to take some getting used too but thankfully I put it on and knew I loved it
familytree

God I feel guilty I never had chemo ( but bloody relieved!) It sounds a hard slog and brutal but keep the end result in mind to get you through it. Sleep sleep and sleep some more if needs be.wake up in spring! Always tempted to hibernate every winter! Hey did you all hear the great news on the leukaemia baby cured of it! Amazing progression. X x x
Sarahd-1

Hi Ladies The weekend is here again πŸ™‚ Really sorry to hear that some of you are having such a bad time of it. Ange I know you have had it really hard and you are nearly half way through. You might find T easier. I have been ok apart from the odd bad headache and a few muscle spasms. The T has just worn me out. I have spent more time in bed this time round the "Fatigue" has kicked in. Nikki I hope you got on ok with FEC2. I think I have the same wig as you Jen just in a different colour. Lorna love your pic very glamorous. Jill how are you doing hun hope you are ok with work and its getting easier. Im sorry if I have missed anyone out. I am in full blown chemo brain so it cant be helped xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jobey68

Ahh Jen lovely to see you!😊 And Lucy is very nice too πŸ˜‰

Jill1998
Community Champion

Lucy is very nice ,can't tell she is a fake!!Suits you Jen.

JenJen

Oh and Delly yes chemo before surgery for me, La Tasca is still there and still very nice and ive had 4 lots of Mezze this week now at Dimitris, Topkapi Palace, Papa Gs and Armenian Taverna all places I often eat out at with my friends and all easy to get to in the city centre. X
JenJen

Big hugs to everyone extra big hugs to Ange, Amanda & Sissy xx

Breaking my rule about screen break to rest my eyes to say Jobey I have revealed myself πŸ˜‰ oh and I am also revealing Lucy my new hair which I collected today so she is ready to go in a few weeks. Shes the haircut that would never work on my hair so silver linings n that x
bazza7676

Oh Ange 😞 thoughts are with you. Poor Nikki had her picc yesterday, 2nd fec today. They sound painful but hopefully if no complications taking blood and chemo will be easier going forward x

Sissy, bless you too. I can't even imagine the emotional aspect of it all. Hugs to you and everyone else this week xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Sissy, I spent the whole of the second day after my op crying.Think it a mixture of relief the op is over and weeks of anxiety and the effects of the anaesthetic and pain killers.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Sorry you are having a difficult time Ange hope they manage to sort your veins out ,after Monday you are another step closer to the end of treatment and getting your life back.Think you deserve a box full of galaxy coated double vodka shot sprouts to cheer you up!!I have been back at work for a month now and still don't really feel fully part of real world yet but I'm getting there.
MadAnge

Hello ladies (and Barry) long time no speak, decided to stay away as has been a bit difficult of late. FEC 3 on Monday half way there. My lovely body rejected my picc which has lead me to get clots and I am injections myself daily- onc informed me yesterday that I could be doing this for 6 months!!! They need to take a closer look at where they are and are hoping to put a port in. If they can't they are going to "risk" my ANC arm. Not much I can do as she said I HAVE to have my chemo.
Stil eating my chocolate covered Brussels πŸ™‚ need more that one shot of vodka in them now.

Welcome new ladies ( to the club we don't really want to be in) I am trying to catch up with what is happening so I am behind.

Hope Jill and Spingbob are ok. Sarah -d hope tax is not too bad. Hope u and Nikki are ok, Barry. Amanda I hope you are ok xxxxx
familytree

Sissy cry it out love..It's completely normal and the bidys way of releasing stress which I'm sure there was gallons of pre op! If you don't want to look then don't. Plenty of time to do that. Sending love and a cyber hug x x x Delly live your style of writing. You should write a book. When you're not busy with your new chauffeur business! X Lorna x
shazza45

Hi Sissy I'm sure you're right tears are a mixture of relief and sadness, it will pass. It's quite normal not wanting to look at flat side. I was very anxious didn't look and even kept a cropped top on in the shower for a few days. Take your time and once you've looked you will soon get used to it.
Take care and don't push yourself get loads of rest. Hugs xxx
Sissylw1980

Hello all, have woken up very emotional today. Tears even I woke up, tears when chatting to one of the nurses, just tears all morning. Some of it I imagine is related to the anaesthetic but it's probably just the relief that it's out and some sadness for my now missing breast. So far I've refused to have a look at my flat area, think I'd rather leave it a bit longer, is this odd?

Good news is that they've removed not one but both drains! Mr C came round and was very pleased as the amount of blood was minimal.

Amanda, I saw our BCN today and she said she'd seen you, I've given her something to pass on to you. It's a bag I had handmade for my drain, if you don't get any use of it then I'm sure the BCN will pass it on. Sissy xx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Lots of love Amanda! Xxxx