370551posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Cs66

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Glad to see you back Delly. Thanks for all your support. 

A friens of mine sent me this link to this clip. The lady is a close friend of hers. I cried watching it, but what an inspiring lady. Thought others might want to see it so here is the link.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rAvwIKI0H-g

I had a call from the hospital yesterday. They still haven't had the results of my third tumour so have cancelled today's appointment and will rearrange for next week. Still in limbo. Chemo or more surgery next I wish I knew.

I feel a bit stronger now after hitting rock bottom on Tuesday. Tthanks again everyone for your support.

amanda and Sissy I hope you are ok.

Tina- I am thinking of you

to all you other lovely people have a good day. 

Hugs claire xxxxxx

P.S I like the comment in the clip about putting the F into the future and the C into the past. I will try to think of it like that! 

delly

Hi Lovelies

Fufs - you're praise is too kind (Awwww !) and I know exactly what you mean about "weird" feelings / sensitivities / coincidences - makes you feel like they're messages, but "weird" is the word. Had a load of 'em the last couple of days having made it to my X walking group friend's husband's funeral + the next day as well. Felt she needed a treat rather than flowers as she doesn't drive (hubby did) so took her out for the day to Liverpool. because we're both passionate about art, sculpture, architecture. (Like M/C, Liverpool's a fantastic place for culture - wasn't voted cultural city in 2003 ? for nothing) Spent a really special day together that did both of us good - feasting our eyes and spirit on beautiful sights - it was so uplifting. Hadn't seen her for 2 yrs so did a lot of talking, laughing. I'm determined to keep in better touch now I'm feeling better mentally  a) because I'm concerned and careabout her and b) because we enjoyed each others co. and our shared passions/ interests. I intend for us to do it again in a couple of months.. x

Claire - we can't all be positive all the time and we all need some support from somebody. . I was a very strong, motivated woman  - kept a brave face (before BC). But then people often expect to see/presume you to be the same and . . . . . what you're going through ISN'T the same. I think you need to be more open about it. Find someone you can  allow yourself to "crash" /open up in front of outside of your family ?? besides us here of course .Plus,  human contact in itself is a great healer - I'd wrap my arms round you, not say anything but just let you have a darn good sob sweetie. I can understand  some of it with you Mothers - it's protective. x

Tina - what's CLAN ? - Whatever it is,  You went there searching for someone to connect/relate with you and to, who'd been through similar. And you did. Praps because you're not allowing yourself to do with your normal usual everyday family people at home, friends and work  As horrible as this disease is, and as with other massive trauma's, it does give us other "strengths";  in that it does make us more empathetic compassionate people, as with your brainscan lady with you. She was your "crash with" person. I've caught up with your results now and also, yeh not so nice on the jobfront phonecall from your boss. But . . .  soooo lovely your son's to be home to give you one of those very much needed special hugs. x 

Sissy - seromas. Yeh, I had to have 2 drained on 1st and one on 2nd. Had been advised the possibility of by BCN and given ward no. to phone and arrange to go in to see the ward Dr to have it aspirated by a hypodermic.Swellings the size of tennis balls underarm area and one front of chest.  They do need to be sorted asap otherwise they can hinder the healing.(Yes SOME of the fluid can be re-absorbed by the bod) x

Julie M - awwwww, you're getting as doolally as me ref your tab but yeh, you feeling better must have made you think x

Listen, I've still got 2 1/2 pagesof posts  to read yet. I don't want to rabbit on any more now - faaarr toooo much for you all.  Plus I can barely keep my eyes open and still have gyppy tum.

Lotsa love Doolallydoodah xxx

Jobey68

They had some in there last Christmas Amanda, I will be on a mission to buy as many chocolate covered sprouts as possible this year! 😜👣🎄

A.Faed

Hope you're ok Tina, look forward to hearing from you in the next few days!

And then there's these!! http://www.lakeland.co.uk/60590/Chocolate-Sprout-Roulette?gclid=CKOH6p_ci8kCFUEaGwodUrcF8Q&src=gpxms...

Jobey68

They have been spying on the Forum clearly or where else would they have gotten the idea from!! Think you need to go and sort them out Jill 😜

JenJen

Nah choccie wrapped in green foil x
familytree

Are they actually sprouts?! Insane x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Blooming M and S have pinched my idea too,well p****d off!!!Could have made a million!!!
julie_m

Been thinking of you today Tina, hope op is all over for you and you manage to sleep tonight 😉 xxx

JenJen

My niece just arrived with...M& S chocolate sprouts... So as a reward for my 40 minutes worth of walks today I am having some!

Hope everyone is well xx

Tina I hope your doing OK and the ward is quiet tonight so you can get some rest x

Jobey68

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understan.

Hi Tina, hoping you didn't have to wait around all day and your op is all over and you are feeling ok lovely Xx jo 

JenJen

Darling big bro hit the greengrocers so have lots of fruit to polish off plus a carton of orange juice. Going to go take their dog a walk with him later its raining but I love walking their crazy pooch (they wont let me on my own at the mo as shes a bit crazy and likes to nip as shes still a pup) I went out for a walk before but it was boring on my own no pooch in tow.

Love to all
Jen x
A.Faed

Ah, now I see Jen, the eagle....I had a similar effect when taking codiene! Having the eagle land quickly becomes an obsession, other than drinking a lot of water, I ate lots of grapes and satsumas (avoid bananas, but they're good for diarrhea though) and fresh figs are nice, too.

Amanda x

PeggyCat
Community Champion

Jen, I loved the way you used "eagle" as a verb earlier on. Hope it shows up soon. It is the number one obsession of my chemo nurse. Maybe chocolate sprouts will help. x

JenJen

Amanda x some of the ladies on one of the chemo threads discuss the eagle landing when they manage to erm go to the loo..
Jill1998
Community Champion

Big brother is certainly watching us!!!
PeggyCat
Community Champion

I've just started getting pop up ads about these chocolate sprouts. It's scary that advertisers obviously know that I frequent a site where we have all been discussing this and are targeting me!

MadAnge

Oh Jill we should have made a paintent!!! How very dare they !!! Xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Some b****r has pinched our idea!!!
Jill1998
Community Champion

A.Faed

Gosh Ange, you've already got a full time job with a toddler, let alone all the treatment! I hope Macmillan can help you, what about sickness pay from the the government? I hope the chest port helps things along a bit....what you have to go through!

Jen, what is doing an 'eagle'? Got a whole new lot of stuff to learn before I start chemo but quite a long time to do it!

Sissy, anger and and a good sprinkling of bitterness go hand in hand with this awful disease but I hope you aren't quite so royally p***ed off today! My hot water bottle is stating to grow already. BCN said not to worry unless it becomes tight or uncomfortable, did you say your seeing her tomorrow? 

Love to everyone,

Amanda x

JenJen

Ange macmillan have a cancer grant that may help when the time comes and you should be able to claim something from govt if you arent being paid. Macmillan will help x
mf

Macmillan can sometimes offer financial support.
MadAnge

Morning ladies, what a lovely crisp day.

Jill big hugs I am worried about going back to work. I only get paid until end of Jan but with all my days ( as you know waiting is my speciality) I won't finish until end of Feb now 😞 so need to work out where money is going to come from or I will have no choice but to work,

Sarah-d gave me an excellent pre chemo list 🙂 helped me loads and continues to do so.

Amanda- you are doing great 🙂 xxx

Barry & Nikki hope you are both coping ok xxx

Anyone else out there with a port in their chest as that is what I am having on 24. It's under general so won't feel it happening. I have been told they are good and I will be able to have the herceptin through it too.

Need extra Brussels and chocolate - toddler is exhausting me 🙂 xxxxx
JenJen

Sending you my love today Tina xx

Morning all, im still doing OK cant "eagle" so eating lots of stuff that should help but other than that I am randomly OK just a bit tired .I am still living in fear that I am going to have to drop in the SE stakes further though and would rather it just happen.

Love to all
Jen x
Sissylw1980

Good luck for tomorrow Tina! I'm sure the drains won't be as bad as you imagine they'll be! I still have the mini hot water bottle feeling across the scar and under my arm pit and have been in a foul mood all day, which hasn't helped. Tomorrow marks one week post op, doesn't time fly?! Sissy xx
bazza7676

No problem Amanda. Her last one is 28th January x
A.Faed

Oh wow, that was quick Barry, thanks so much for that! When will Nikki's chemo be done? Is she going to have radiotherapy straight after? It's seems to be a long haul ahead!

Amanda x

A.Faed

Thanks Barry....I do love a good list!

Amanda x

Jobey68

We've bought tickets so you may just have to share Jil........ 

Jill1998
Community Champion

That's very charitable of you Barry.....
bazza7676

Good luck with the lottery tonight Jill, seeing as I haven't bought a ticket you may as well win it! x

Amanda let me try and find the lists for you x
Jobey68

I've been so lucky with work, they all know and I was able to come and go as i please and still could if I felt I couldn't cope, I really think this made all the difference to me wanting to be there, I felt no pressure, was getting full pay regardless if I was there or not and was incredibly well looked after during all this crap and beyond, that's not to say I wouldn't walk away without a backward glance if I win the lottery tonight though!! 😜

Jill1998
Community Champion

Going for the Euromillions Amanda ,think I can manage on £78 million for a while...buy a few tons of sprouts,oh and chocolate and vodka .cheddars,twiglets and chocolate kale fondu .....
Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Claire, this certainly makes you think about the stress you put yourself under through work in particular and whether it is worth putting your health at risk for a job.Jobs like are ours are a vocation rather than just a way of earning money and so it is really hard to say I can't do this anymore cos you want to help and make a difference .This is def a big wake up call,no doubt about that.Hope you are still feeling a bit more positive .
A.Faed

Keep playing Jill, someone's got to win! I think the bl**dy C really knocks your confidence for some reason. I thought I was quite strong until all this! And concentration....that's left without giving a forwarding address! I find making decisions difficult too, so I just don't know how you're managing to cope with a high stress job, I really don't! I hope you're not back full time already?

You'll be ok Tina, drains are a nuisance but not much more than that really, so long as the district nurse bothered to come out! I think I'd say be prepared to be much more tired than the first time, and yes, you're body must think it's under some kind of attack, so be kind to yourself and rest and eat well when you're back home.

We just have to keep plodding on, don't we? We are all going to have a horrible roller coaster ride for some time to come, both emotional and physical. We know where to come when it all gets a bit too much "wanting to talk to people who understand"

Amanda x

Cs66

Sorry you are finding work tough Jill. Your words of reassurance and advice have really helped me through so far. I can understand how you feel as i am seriously thinking about whether I will be able to return to work in the same role (I am a deputy head teacher) when all this is over. It's a life changer for sure. I hope it gets easier for you. Claire xxxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Think Sarah sent a very helpful list to lots of people, sure Barry had one.I am surviving at work Amanda but finding it very hard as I am not mentally as strong as I was before all this and it is a very stressful job.As none of my colleagues bar one(and manager) know why I've been off, it has been a bit weird going back when they don't really know the serious c**p that has been going on for me and the effect it has had on me.Hoping for a lottery win tonight !!
A.Faed

District nurse failed to call today, no one could help as the entire area in terms of medical assistance, has training on a Wednesday afternoon! So got in touch with BCN and went down to Kent & Canterbury hospital and she removed the drain and all the dressings! So Sissy, I'll be get the mini hot water bottle soon, too!

Claire, I don't really worry about surgery at all, I was desperate to get it done so was glad to got back. I did only have WLE and sentinel node and it was mid September, so I've been fully recovered from that a while. Just steel yourself and concentrate and the fact that you'll be getting the bigger taken out!

Jill, how is work these days...how much are you doing? 

Call from BCN earlier today and she said I will be having chemo, end of January. Is there some sort of Acme List going around, Barry, did you have a copy?

Love to everyone,

Amanda x

JenJen

Fingers crossed x

Jill1998
Community Champion

You could tell him some of Dellys jokes??Hope you don't get any nasty surprises when the meds wear off.
JenJen

Im doing OK thanks Jill, I am a bit tired and haven't left the house despite plans to go out for a walk every day but its cold outside and its warm in here 🙂 , other than that I feel not too bad, have managed to do a bit of housework today. Had a bad nights sleep last night so trying to stay awake today (and managed up to now) so that I can sleep tonight fingers crossed. Last day of steroids and anti nausea drugs so will see how I fair tomorrow when they stop,

Trying to find something new to learn today on the internet as hubby is going to call later and I want to have more to say than oh I sat on the sofa and watched Rizolli and Isles all day..

hope you are well ? 🙂

Love
Jen x

Jill1998
Community Champion

How are you getting on Jen?
JenJen

Good luck tomorrow Tina xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

But hopefully this time tomorrow ,you will have banished the bugger for good !!!!
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Hi all, thanks for all your good wishes for tomorrow...... I really am dreading it and feel sick with it all. Drains, bottles, swishing, overflowing OMG!! 😧 Just want it over with! Hope I'm not kept waiting all day. Xxx My post op scar area is hurting this past two days..... As if my body is saying, get ready for the pain ride again good girl! Oh Lordy how much Effin more can I take!?....... Tina 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck tomorrow Tina.
Cs66

Hi Amanda  and Sissy, looks as if we will be chemo buddies. If last results on fridaycome back er positive I will start after christmas too. Like you Sissy a little bit of normality through Christmas would be lovely. But knowing my luck it will be chemo first. I have come to the point where all I expect is bad news as that's all I've had so far!

i have found L the BCN really helpful. She was the only person yesterday who made me feel better and less terrified. apparent,y I have" very active" breasts which is why it makes senso to get rid of both. I must say I am dreading going back for more. How did you psych yourself up for that Amanda?

I hope everyone has had a good day today. We are all in this together.

good luck tomorrow Tina. 

Claire xxxx

A.Faed

Well I am expecting or should I say hoping, that they will be able to tell me a bit more about the type of cancer I have because at first it seemed to be ductal but behaved more like lobular cancer, how much more (hopefully none!) they found in the breast and how many more (again, hopefully none!) nodes were involved.

The numbness is weird, isn't it?! Still no district nurse yet, my bottle will be overflowing soon, but I have a feeling they might turn up without a spare bottle anyway! 

I feel the same about Christmas, and it's just as well that I will be between treatments because all the family are coming here this year! I'm going to try very hard to push cancer to the beck of my mind and just enjoy Christmas as much as possible!

Amanda x

Sissylw1980

Yes, I had full node clearance, the lack of sensation in my underarm area is the worst part of it, I can see that I'm washing the area, but can't feel it happening!

I'm not wearing my tights, I was allowed to take them off before leaving the hospital which was a bonus. My appointment is at WHH on 24/11/15 but don't know what time yet. When I spoke with Mr C and BCN after surgery they said not to expect anything other than we already know and that I'll be following the treatment plan of chemo then rads. I feel a bit selfish, but to be honest I'm looking forward to having a nice Christmas and then start the next phase in the new year. Sissy xx