Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Jobey68

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Charlie that's great news all your other lumps are benign 😊

julie_m

Claire I'm so glad that the news is a good as it could have been for you,Smiley Wink good luck with going back to work, really can't wait to get back myself, need the normality too!! 

Nicky hope you get good results today too, waiting really is one of the worst parts of all this as others have said too, thinking of you! Smiley Wink

Charlie I'm glad that only one lump was BC, good luck with everything, there's lots of support on here whenever you need it Smiley Wink 

Delly I'm ok, thanks for asking, nearly at the end of radiotherapy, been a rough ride but almost there now. Hope all's good with you Smiley Happy

Glad that someone mentioned aloe vera gel, was advised to get some today by the rads team as was very sore, just used it for the first time and it is now my new best friend!!! Would definately recommend it Smiley Very Happy

Hope you ladies get those BCN sorted out, sounds like they're in the wrong job if they're not supporting you properly Smiley Sad

Hope everyone else to doing ok today too Smiley Wink x

Cs66

Hi everybody, I hope today has been as good as it can be for you all. Having read some of the comments below I must say I am so grateful for the support of my BCN. She has been lovely. She rang to say to see how I was after seeing surgeon yesterday. I am actually ok but still v anxious in case it has spread. I will have a CT scan after surgery so that's something more to dread! I will also find out if more lymph nodes are involved once they are all out. Keep telling myself people with worse than me get through it but it's hard not to think that I will be the unlucky one!

on a more positive note I am going back to work until I go back to hospital on Dec 3rd. Sick note for first op runs out on Friday and I need a bit of normality to keep my mind from fearing the worst. So it's back to a class of 11 year olds and my lovely colleagues. Can't wait! It's only for 7 days but after that it will be ages before I can work as surgeon said I would be mad to even think of working in a school through chemo. 

Lots of love to everyone

claire xxxxxx

bazza7676

Hi Charlie, dare I say it's good that only one one of the lumps has bc. With regards to fertility clinics, Nikki and I decided to go to a couple of clinics. They'll tell you if your local nhs trust will fund it. What's involved , the risks and ask you both questions about your health.
Charlie31

Congratulations Claire, that's great news!

I have found out that only one of my 5 lumps is BC, but now they need to do more tests (MRI and lymph core biopsy) to determine the stage.  Grade 3, 32mm means that I go for chemo before surgery, they think I'll start in a few weeks. 

Mostly I'm relieved it's treatable.  It was an enourmous relief. 

Chemo may mean fertility issues though and my BF and I got the go-ahead for IVF treatment the week of my diagnosis.  I'm now just looking into that to understand my options.  The important thing is it is treatable and we're heading towards a plan.

Thank you all, reading your comments is a huge help.  xx

mf

Hi Sissy. I used aloe Vera gel and it worked for me - got sensitive skin so have to be careful what I use. Also have one boob several sizes smaller than the other. Asked bcn re prostheses and they said just to wear a T-shirt bra, but I found one cup dented as it was too big. Asked again and got a prosthetic to tuck into bra. It's got the texture of a jellyfish but looks fine if I wear anything fitted.
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Good for you Hun! 👍🏼  in all the run up to my first procedure only a few colleagues knew and when others found out they couldn't believe how I was dealing with things! And I will do the same when I return to work. Always have been same, hubby in RAF and away often, but I opened my door with my 'work head ' on,  stepped out went to work and got on with things regardless how hard things were. Had to, especially when kids were little. 

Thats exactky how my so called 'named nurse' has been. Only spoken to her about 3/4 times when she's rang for appointments. Maybe I'm expecting to much from her in my neck of the woods? 

Have a good day xxx 

tweeks123

Thanks Tina
ive just recieved an automated text asking on the scale of 1-5 what you you say you would recommend our practice to friends and family I sent 5 ofciurse with a big long email explaining my morning weather they get it at the right department or not I dont know but I will definitely be outting a complaint in at the practice with her name..
yes I feel for you bangingyour head against the wall I never had a breast cate nurse well they give me a name of one but never rang me or answerd phine or replyed to my messages I ended up sorting myself out..but out of all the appointments uve had this year ..this mornings ine has wound me up..all ive been through and not told anyone inly my sis n hubby.. im back at work now with a smile of course weather im in pain or not im listening to peoples illnesses and problems not one of them have got a clue about me and my Cancer but I put it in the back of my head and do my job professionaly. .x
Christine x
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Hi all. Christine you are right to complain..... I would! Politeness and manners cost nothing and yes having someone with that **bleep**ty attitude is the last thing we need! Im biting my tongue at the mo and not ringing my BCN as I'm feeling let down by her and taking attitude of 'sod you! I'm doing fine!' ....... Well, maybe not fine, but ok. I'm feeling annoyed for you! Xxx Tina 

PeggyCat
Community Champion

Was that check for your pre-op Christine? The nurse I saw for that was very similar with me, very little eye contact, no smiling, brusque manner. She was the only person throughout this whole ordeal that I found to be like that, everyone else has been absolutely lovely and helpful. When you are feeling vulnerable it's the last thing you need isn't it?

tweeks123

Hi Sissy
I used bio oil on mine didnt do me any harm.
Just been and had my NHS Health check bloods questions etc...tryung to fit it all in around my work the lady who did it had a face like a slapped arse to put it blunt she never made eye contact once with me look really pissed off I bit my tongue I was about to say it dosnt hurt or cost money to be polite on your job.. we all have stressful jobs but we have to do service with a smile leave problems at home ..or change your job dont work with public..I sure will be putting a complaint in about her in the suggestion box got her name off her badge..im not one to complain but I do notice how people come across on there job.. rant over now back to work (WITH A SMILE OF COURSE )...X
Christine x
Sissylw1980

Morning!

Has anyone tried aloe Vera gel on their scars? If so, did it make much difference? I've purchased some from the cult of Forever Living as I've heard some good things about it.

Off to see the BCN this morning for my second go of seroma draining. It's only been 5 days since the last time and I'm sure it's filled up as much as before. I have a G cup on one side and a B cup on the other! Sissy xx
Fuffs123

Hi Amanda
Sending you hugs, you've every right to feel upset when you see your scar. Take heart, everyone heals at a different rate and it's early days for your scar to settle down. Some people are quicker healers' than others, just down to skin type and genetics really. I started to use Bio Oil on mine but found in the end it was better just to let it go of it's accord. Although I didn't have a mx I had 3 lumpectomies on the boob so I have a long scar running the width of it. Was fading well until my rads but now looking rather red. Got another 12 sessions to go out of 25 so it will probably be well cooked by the end!
delly

Awww, yeh Amanda, know what you mean catching sight. i wasn't too bad with the first except the first time I saw. Made a point of taking my top off in front of the ward bathrrom mirror -  was on my knees sobbing on the floor - GRIEVING for my loss and what it'd had done to my previous body that I'd been pretty proud of.  I no longer look at myself topless in front of the mirror or even downwards, being part way recon. Plus the area of now broken veins under where the bra band are was from heavy handling during the first part op.  But . .  I do cup them sometimes,.  and it's great to feel something there. So you have that to  +ve feeling to come, if you go for the recon.

It's only natural to feel upset, and I'm for letting it out. You're literally  "grieving" Amanda, so be easy on yourself and don't feel you're being a weak wimp because it's a huge, massive trauma, bodily and mentally.

It does sounds as if you'd be better to have the wound checked out. Is it still feeling sore ? numb?

EXERCISES - try and do them at least 3 x a day - more if poss. You DO quickly improve, as you've found alread.

Thanks on the course advice, Amanda.  I think we've had this conver before. I'm not entitled to benefits, and quite a few years ago I "signed on" so to speak, in attempt to help me find work not the hope benefits, BUT . . . because I wasn't on benefits, they tended to ignore me and concentrate on those that were so it was pretty much left up to me anyway. Understandable.  However . . I need to find somewhere to do concentrated "fast track courses as well, not once a week night school - takes far too long. I need them asap whilst I've got the time. It'd be great if I could get into some paid work, that's helping people, but not home care work,  for which there's plenty of vacancies.  I've not been to the Jobcentre since I've lived here and it may be different to where I was.  So guess that's the first port of call, but I've half looked at paid training courses. I'd be better in a classroom with other peeps and, as you said, it'd get me out of the house at the same time.  Preferably local and as said  "fasttrack". It was more the nature of what computer courses would be best, that I was asking about,  but any advice is welcome. But DEFO gotta do touchtyping. I've been saying this for bloomin ages

My friend did a"Soup Kitchen" last Xmas, I may give it a go, see what transpires in the next few weeks. - I've got that to think about Xmas - not a good time for me, since Mum died. We used to go away every Xmas, after we lost Dad. We loved it, it was great. lovely comfey, nicely worn, unstuffy, very reasonably priced hotel up at Keswick. Always met some lovely people so it was veyr jolly. Brilliant staff, who greeted us like "old friends", and wonderful food.

Chloe - don't think she'd be able to stomach eggs, Am keeping her to prawns and trying her with some fresh chicken. I'm conscious of the nutritious content, but ANYthing is good at the mo - painfully thin. Sooo lovely natured though - purrs just when I look at her or whatever vets are sticking  her with.

Gotta get to bo-bies now. Night, Night flower.

Delly xxx         What have you got to do ??  exercises  x

Jobey68

Delly my son and daughter in laws kitten had a trip to the vets yesterday with awful upset tummy , poor little darling she's only 6 months old, they have diagnosed a stomach virus and put her on a special diet for sensitive tummys, she's so much better already thankfully, hope Chloe Cat is feeling brighter too Xx 

A.Faed

Delly, Job Centre should be able to help you with courses for employment skills, I'm sure they will be very glad that someone wants to better themselves! Volunteering may be useful to keep you out and about and you will be helping others. You could explain that is you get a job offer, you would have to leave.

Glad Chloe ate something today, cats are fussy enough as it is. For yourself, you could try the upset tummy diet called 'BRAT' so you should eat bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast. These things are supposed be gentle but it will get boring very quickly! Scrambled eggs might be good too, and for Chloe too, if she would eat it! Hope you both get back to normal eating soon!

Amanda x

A.Faed

Hi Delly, yes do keep your pointy boot in my back side...I am doing the exercises but not quite as many as I should! I seem to have very good mobility in my arm though, I can lift it straightened, right over my head and back a bit, but I hear you and must try to do more!

I'm generally ok, have had a down with tears each evening, perhaps because of sight of self after shower! It's very lumpy with a firm ridge about the thickness of a finger running from my now departed cleavage area to about half way along where the bottom of my boob was. It looks awful but I suppose it might just be swelling but I'll definitely be asking the surgeon about it on Friday.

Amanda x

delly

Ps. I love the anchor butter advert with the funny characters and the youngster with a sqeezie trumpet elephant. Also brings back a few memories if us kids and my parents regrets at their noisy presents !! x

delly

mf- Yeh that must be very tough having to tell kids.

Sissy, you sound to be doing amazingly well with your exercises and housework. Am glad your going tomorrow. I'm a bully - gentle one. Get yer exercises done woman. You too Amanda. DO YOU HEAR ME?!! And OY,watch it I'm older than you  and I'm a good healer - Na na nanaaanah ! Yes you needed a shower smelly.

Julie m - how are you doing.

Amanda - how are YOU doing. You've kept quiet, me thinks you're being sneakily quiet and you're NOT up to something - ie EXERCISES. Are you going on okay

Hi everyone else too, hope you're all ok today.

I need to go and get some tough typing classes. I need 'em for on here but more importantly in preparation for any kind of work that may involve imputting info, cos this is "painful" Need to get more computer courses under my belt and paper qualifications for my cv.Have done some in the past but is quite some time ago now and you "lose" it. And of course I didn't need computers for what I did, it was all hand skills and using the knowledge in your head. Any suggestions / I know it very much depends on what your applying for, but i feel the more I've got the more employable I am. I'm not going to be able to much manually with this hand prob. Got talking to a young lady in the shop after I'd dropped Chlo in, and chatted whilst we walked down to where she was going which was on my way. She had learning disabilities so it was a drop- in funded by the lottery. so I popped in with her, said hi to everyone. I hadn't even noticed thos place "Parachute" before. Stayed for a chat with the "students" and the staff so there's an opening there if I wish to do some voluntary. My thoughts on that are Yes I would, but feel I need to concentrate all my efforts on getting a paid job. That would help me a great deal, take the financial concern away, plus the other benefits. but if I have time, yes, I'd like to do a bit of voluntary, either at the Hospice or this place yesterday. They're always so affectionate and often fun characters Downs Syndrome people etc. Sarah kept holding my hand and telling me she liked me !! Awww.

Charlie and Nikki good luck from me too for tomorrow.

Anyone had any news on Claireee? Hope you're ok Claire

Hows Jenjen - She's very quiet. Not feeling too good lovey??

Gawd awful night. I'm cream crackered, so early night. Managed to get some prawns down Chloe, whooohooo. Thought they'd do the trick - easy to digest, might pinch a few myself. I'm not back fully back to eating yet , Very little since Sunday last Sunday night. Got a load in today, gonna do stuffed aubergines this week, two full ones so I can have the next night too. I've hardly been cooking with all the downer + the kitchen still looks like a bomb sight. Get yourself over Sissy. I need someone to keep motivating me. Sleep tight all.

Delly xxx        <<note I've increased from two to three kisses now I know you all a bit better !! x

A.Faed

I was wondering what happened with Dave, too Tina. He must have had his op by now.

Amanda x

A.Faed

That's not too bad Claire, sometimes it not getting any worse feels like a huge victory! Yes, it's crazy how you're almost looking forward to surgery....just get the damn thing out!! Let's hope you, Sissy and I all end up on the same ward for that first chemo!

Good luck with your results tomorrow Nick. Getting mine from mx and anc on Friday.

Love and hugs to everyone,

Amanda x

Fuffs123

Wishing you luck for tomorrow Nick. You're right the waiting is the worst thing, really plays with your head. X
Jobey68

Hi Nick, yes the waiting bit is just the pits isn't it 😕 Things will get easier after tomorrow once you know the next step,wishing you all the best Xx Jo 

Sissylw1980

Hi Claire, am glad today was okay and not as bad as you imagined, you know it's all 'doable' as you've done well at getting through your first operation. It's good you have a date booked in and you know that by Christmas you will be a few weeks post op and can concentrate on enjoying some family time. We can take the next steps together. Sissy xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck with your results Nikki.
nickif

Hi Folks, just popping in to say hello. I am waiting for my results on the senital node biopsy and lumectomy, get them tomorrow afternoon, so starting with the 'what if' again, going to be a long night and morning.. this waiting is the hardest part. 

Charlie,Good luck on your results tomorrow. Even though I don't post much on here I do read the posts and it gives me so much help. Once I had the core biopsy results and it was confirmed it was BC I told my 2 boys first (15 and 19) They have been brilliant, so lovely and caring, then my mom, which was hard, rest of family and friends one by one. My work knew as I was having to take time off for appointments. 

The day before my lumpetomy, in a mad moment of post op panic, I posted it on FB, but just to my close friends. It was mainly a plea to everyone to check their boobs and go to doctors as soon as they find anything they think is not right, I acted very quickly when I found my lump as I knew of a couple of friends that have gone through BC and survived by being quick in getting seen. I think I would of put it off going to doctors if I didn't know their stories... Anyhow the support was wonderful and I am so glad I got it out in the open, when I see anyone they ask how I am then we go to being normal. But its is your choice. everyone needs to cope with it in their own way. 

Fingers crossed for us all xx

Jobey68

Hi Claire, so pleased things were the best they could be today, you can start to relax now and look forward to getting this op out the way and a lovely Christmas with your family 😊🎄  leave next year where it is and just try and focus on the here and now Xx Jo 

Fuffs123

Hi Claire. Sending you big hugs. Sounds like you've got your head around it all, which is amazing. It's incredible how much strength we can all muster when we have to. I never thought I'd get through the last year but you just do, with support from everyone on here. They've kept me going at some dark times. Charlie, welcome. Sorry you've had to join our club but we are the nicest people, if a bit barmy! My diagnosis was a big shock and it felt like it was happening to someone else. You sound like you have great support and don't be afraid to lean on them when you need to. I have quite a small circle of family and friends so told them about my diagnosis when the right time came around. I run my own business so don't have the issue of telling workmates. Everyone is different so don't feel you have to tell anyone if you don't want to.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Great news Claire(yes it's all relative !),treat yourself to a glass of something nice a few chocolate sprouts .
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Hi Claire! Just about to message you...... Oh my love, well you know the next step and we'll all face the dreaded zapper stuff in January.... Can't remember, did you have lymph biopsy or clearance last time? Sending you a huge cwtch! Lots of love, xxxxx Tina 

Just thought, has anyone heard from Dave on any other post feeds?!...... 

Cs66

Well things went as well as can be expected. It's op then chemo as third tumour was the same as the rest. 3rd Dec for op then chemo January. Looks as if Sissy Amanda and I will all start together! At least  I can have Christmas with my family and feel relatively normal. That's the best news I could have had. Funny how the prospect of another mx and lymph clearance seems like a good thing! Thanks everyone for helping me get through what was a very difficult week. Hope everyone else is ok and bearing up in this horrible experience. Hugs Claire xxxxx

familytree

Welcome and good luck with results tomorrow Charlie, will have everything crossed for a treatable outcome. Hey we were all in the same state as you early doors and still not back to normal, what ever that is! Go with the flow emotionally. It's your bodies way of dealing with the stress. Keep us posted x Lorna x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Charlie,I found telling people and their reactions the most difficult thing.Every time I told someone I got upset , and I had to deal with their reactions / upset too .In the end I only told a handful of people and I was comfortable with that,meant I could be "normal " in some social situations but it did mean people weren't able to understand or offer support at times too.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Welcome Charlie,hope you got some more positive news today Claire.
Jobey68

Charlie I was diagnosed in March and to this day there are plenty of friends and family who don't know, I was fortunate to only need a small op and Radiotheraphy so other than the state of my mental health at the time there were no outward signs, I've never mentioned a thing on Facebook and the people that do know are well aware they are never to mention it on there! My husband, my best friend at work and my boss were the only ones Who knew I was waiting on biopsy results then once I had a diagnosis We told our sons and my immediate family and a couple good friends but that's it, it made it easier to have some sense of normality not having to talk to everyone about it all the time 😊

One step at a time is absoloutly the way to deal with it, trying to look at the bigger picture is just too much and your poor head will explode! You mum and dad will calm down, as a parent I can't think of anything worse than having to watch my children go through this, I lost my mum to BC 12 years ago so telling my dad was awful but he was really strong although I know it's broken his heart bless him. 

You will have some answers tomorrow and it really will make you feel a bit stronger about it all Xx Jo 

julie_m

Good luck for today Claire, thinking of you! Smiley Wink x

Welcome Charlie, sorry you've had to join us but if you have to go through this journey, this is the best place for support, couldn't have managed without everyone here, really helps to have others who really understand. Good luck with your results.

With regard to telling people I think it is a personal choice, do what feels right for you, it's hard to have to repeat what your going through to people who care. I told a few trusted friends and family and then let them filter it out to others who they thought ought to know. I didn't intentionally keep the news from anyone, just was too exhausted with it all to keep telling everyone myself and everyone who needed to know got the news eventually. I didn't post on Facebook about it as didn't feel I could cope with the wave of sympathy that is well meaning but can be overwhelming at the time, however I was 'outed' by my eldest son the night before my op with a very moving post, so the cat was out the bag then, and to be honest the support then was lovely. Haven't posted much about it since ,try to keep Facebook for my 'time out' and use the forum for my BC stuff and moaning lol!!! 

Love and hugs to all you lovely ladies recovering from op and treatments and anyone else who needs them!! 😉 xxx

Sissylw1980

Oh, and try to distract yourself a bit if you can. I've been making good use of my Netflix account and their library of box sets! Have so far watched Gossip Girl and Dexter and am now on to 24! Xx
Sissylw1980

Hello all,

Delly, haven't called BCN about physio as I'm seeing them tomorrow so thought I'd get them to have a look at the cording and see what they think. Have been doing some more exercised today and am able to walk by hands up the wall higher than I could yesterday, also as suggested by the BCN I've been putting one of those bean bag things that you warm in the microwave onto the sore area.

Had my first proper shower today, it feels so nice to be able to wash properly all over. Much to my OH's annoyance I managed a bit of housework as well today, cleaned the shower room and polished round the house. I'm a bit of a housework obsessive so it was bid to feel normal!

Charlie, glad you've joined us on this thread! I initially thought my lump was a fibroadenoma which had developed as a result of hormone changes after stopping the pill last year, when it was initially ultra sounded it didn't even show up hence why I did nothing else with it until this year!

I told my close family members and a few close friends when I was diagnosed initially. However, I had to tell my line managers at work who updated my team and then the news got round from there. Have not put an official announcement on Facebook, however people have guessed from some of the posts I've put on there. Have had to tell a couple of people face to face which is an odd feeling as I always felt really bad for them as it usually comes as quite a shock! Just tell who you want when you feel ready to do so.

You will find that all of this will get easier once you know exactly what you're dealing with. Since having my mx and node clearance last week I feel a lot more positive about it all, however I feel lucky as before my op I had a thorough body scan which showed no spread and that it was contained to the right breast and axillary lymph area. The operation side of things has been a lot easier to deal with than I imagined, according to my BCN being younger helps with the healing process. Sissy xx
Charlie31

Thanks mf,

I told my folks and just two friends once it was confirmed it was BC - I guess it's not going anywhere.  I suspect I'll tell other people as and when I see them or just let it creep through the grapevine as I'm sure it will!

I'm sorry to hear the BCN scared you into thinking it was terminal.  People need to be so careful in the early stages; I'd say some of the doctors and nurses made me feel terminal and some made me feel like it was no worse than a broken toe! 

Best of luck mf xx

mf

Hi Charlie. I think everyone's different re telling others. I waited till I knew how serious it was before telling my family because I didn't want to worry anyone unnecessarily, though I told a close friend. Then I told people at work - felt like it helped me to normalise it and process it. Didn't make any FB announcements so some people still don't know. Horrible telling kids but they were ok, though not helpful!
Charlie31

Thank you everyone, hope I'm not coming on too strong but I love you already!

I had a biopsy a fortnight ago, I went in with a small, obvioiusly benign fibroadenoma and a suspicious lump.  Needle biopsy on both and then the sonograms (I'm 31 so my boobs are too young for a mammogram as routine - get me!)  revealed more lumps hiding under the first.  I had a biopsy on the suspicious one and came back for the results last week.

Last week i got told the one on the left was definitely BC, 3cm and I have 5 lumps in total (the largest is 3cm); 2 on the left and 3 on the right.  The needle biopsy showed the one in the right was 'inconclusive'.  All have now been biopsied and I get the results tomorrow.  They say that the other 4 look 'normal' but also that we need to be sure - and as a few weeks ago they thought they were all 'normal' I'm just trying to prepare myself for what could be.

It was absolute shock last week, but hopefully by tomorrow I'll be a little more prepared and able to ask more questions.  I feel like this additional delay of a week is normal but also could have been prevented if we'd just biopsied everything the first time around! 

My family, my work and my BF are amazing.  I should consider myself very lucky for that 🙂

Daft question - but how and when did you guys tell people?  Your friends and (urgh, can't believe I'm even saying it) Facebook pals?  I mean, do you just drop out a group text and say "hey, by the way..."?

delly

Aura - that's very lovely of you to say. Glad your intro to me wasn't a few weeks ago - was in the pits. This lot have really helped pull me around. Am 9 yrs on from BC 2x masts - no chemo. Part way through recon. Had a load of other major stuff on top of ongoing mental confidence probs following BC regarding body image and prevented me from finding that "special" person still.Rads and chemo's a long hard slog isn't it + frightening. xx

Bazza - I like a bit of rough !! xx

Soooo, we're waiting on Claireeee.

Am off up to the shops to stock up on prawns and tuna - have to pick Chloe cat up from vets. Still not eaaten anything since been in, but at least she's had a fluid drip. They keep tactfully and sensitively preparing me for the worst. Ooooo - errr. PRAWNS might just do the trick  🙂 xx

bazza7676

All the best for this afternoon Claire x

Haha Delly, sadly I have no biceps or pecs to speak of 😞 plus I'm not sure you'd want me massaging you as Nikki said I was too hard neugghh! x
Aura

Thankyou Delly , the october thread was October and onwards started by a group of us going through radiotherapy at the same time . I enjoy reading your posts keep them up x
delly

Hey Girls - 'I' MIND you coming on this thread. Get off with yers >>>>>

Welcome from Doolally, mf, Aura and Charlie. 

What's the October thread you're speaking of??

Oh Charlie  - you've turned my tap on lovey. It's so Bl**dy hard for you all, this waiting around. for blasted results. Please STOP looking at statistics (YOU TOO CLAIREEBEE!!). You / we are not all the same AND you're thinking the worse before you even know.  Perhaps trying to prepare yourself for the worse - that it??  Yeah, I know, all right for me to say, easier said than done. Charlie, have you already had any treatment or surgery ?? Fill us in a bit more when you've a min if you don't mind.  You're family and your 'MAN' all sound wonderfully supportive which is exactly what you / anyone/ everyone wants and needs. Awwwww your Dad. Had mine been alive at the time, I know he'd have been the same.  I LOVE to see men cry, don't know what the point of all this macho stuff's about really. Mum - fighter, good sounds like she'll keep you at it, up it, and on it. Are your results tomorrow from a biopsy ??  We're all keeping our fingers crossed for you and will help in any way we can. I tend to be the loony one that does a lot of night shifts, often talking a load of drivel in the hope (attempt) to amuse/ cheer up.  

I think the limbo land is awful.  You don't know what your gonna have to deal with till results tomorrow, so it'll either be jumping up and down or down, but you'll then know what you're having to deal with and then - a plan.

Come and have a good blub or rant with me - I'm good at both. Had a good rant last night about  blah, blah. . . . . 

Have had a blub at you and your family - awwww

Got you now Claire - was a bit confused by your other post. This afternoon for what's what, so we're waiting on you darlin'. Can you feel me wriggling in your pocket. I know, I'm a real squirmer !!

Yeh mf - it's all a load of strange unnatural stuff, better to let it out than in is my motto, tears, stomp, rant, shout. You might want to warn certain people - that you're quite harmless really. Just venting some frustration / anger / upset!!

Hey Amanda, how are you doing today ?? Has that Sissy got in touch with physio ??

Lotsa love Dellydoodaa xxx 

mf

Welcome, Charlie. I found waiting for results the worst bit - almost had a total meltdown in the waiting room. Nearly screamed out loud. I'm normally a calm person. When I got the results (stage 1, grade 3), I was relieved, strange as that might sound, because I expected to be told i was terminal, thanks to a bcn telling me to get help looking after the children. Once you know exactly what you're facing, you'll be able to prepare yourself. Feel free to rant, moan, despair or whatever on here; you'll always find support. Good luck.
A.Faed

Hi Charlie, welcome to the club, since you get membership whether you want it or not...you might as well enjoy the benefits you get here,; lots of advice, support and 'realistic' pep talks when needed! We will try and steer away from saying "stay positive" because sometimes you just can't and it everyone else will drive you crazy saying it, even though they mean well! Tell us your situation, how was it found, what is your diagnosis so far?

Hi Christine, I'm not on any chemo threads...yet, that will probably 'January 2016 starters' for me! What is your story so far?

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Amanda x

delly

SISSY  -  Get on the phone if you haven't already pretty pleeeez, give 'em some stick. Otherwise get to a private physio. It's not an emergency but still the sooner the better.  You need some physio - there are varying degress of "cording".  Thank You for backing me up on that Tweeks. Your massage sounds soothing just listening to you - zzzzzzzz. No but, really glad you already felt it had helped.

Delly xxx

Cs66

Hi Charlie, I am sorry you have found yourself here, but you will get amazing advice and support on here as I have done. Not knowing the full picture is hard and googling (which I do all the time!) can make the anxiety worse. The advice I have been given is take one step at a time, allow yourself the down times its normal and enjoy the good days when you can. I am waiting to go later today to find out what's next for me. Either a second mx or straight to chemo and I can't pretend that the wait has been easy. This forum has helped me get through and we will help you too. Lots of love Claire xxxxx
Charlie31

Hi Everyone,

I posted in another thread yesterday but I thought I'd come over here as it looks more active.  Hope you don't mind if I join you?

Sissy and Jo, you replied to my post in the other thread - Thank you.  Just reading your comments is a real help.

I'm really putting myself through the works this week; trying to guess what stage I'm at (that can't be healthy), looking up statistics, running through the treatments.  My dad's in tears when I visit (never really seen him cry before and he's lost two brothers to cancer and one to a brain hemmorage) my mum tells me we've got a battle on our hands and it's going to be tough but we're going to FIGHT and we're going to WIN.  She's calmed down now, we've agreed on one step at a time.  My boyfriend is quite possibly the most amazing man in the world, he's dealing with it all so well.

I'm up and down, I think I'm levelling out at a general low for the time being.  I get the results tomorrow and we get to have a plan then and I'll know what to mentally prepare myself for. 

You guys all sounds so strong (give me a few days and I'll be right there with you), I wish you the absolute best xx