Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

bazza7676

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

You definitely should ask for it to be delayed then x
JenJen

Hi All
Sorry I havent been round much ive had stuff going on outside of chemo and cancer which made life very stressful. Just wanted to check in say Hi! Im going to read back and see how everyone is but hope all is well with everyone. I wont be around as much but I will try pop in and say hi my counsellor has suggested I dont pop in as often.

I thought I would let everyone know I am OK and start of week 3 in EC 1 I have had practically no side effects apart from fatigue and today proof its working as ive woken up to 3/4! Of my hair on my pillow in one night! Nothing has been shedding at all but ive had a tossing turning night and and its basically all gone in one fell swoop so its getting shaved off today. Had a few tears but realise its just one step to getting better so although im not OK with it I am not devastated either and by shaving it im taking control of it.

Delly I just got your PM xx thanks sorry to have worried ya!

Love and hugs to all x
MadAnge

Hi Barry, just annoyed as it clashes with my works Xmas lunch (18 Dec) and it will be the day before my friends wedding (19 Feb) so I am going to ask if they can put these on for the Monday instead. I don't want to miss either. These were planned around my other dates. I have spoken to my boss as it delays my return to work. All fun xxx
bazza7676

Yay that's good news Ange! You'll finish one day after Nikki now x
MadAnge

Morning all, hope you are all doing ok. At last I am nearly at the point of returning to treatment 🙂 my port is being inserted on 24th and my next chemo ( FEC3) should be on Friday 🙂 need to get this over and done with now. I am not very paitient. Xxx
delly

Ps, -  Feeling peckish (good) so have just come down to take humous and crackers back to bed with me.

Also, I'm tuning into Sir Terry Wogan again tomorrow  11.00 - 1.00 a.m.     in case he may still play my request for you all from last week. You never know.  But I'd also hate to be the "Girl who cried wolf" !!! I'll be thinkin of you anyway.

Lotsa love Dellydoodaa xxx

delly

Hey Les 53 - Thanks so much ref JenJen, explains it. Ooooo - extra tough then with her Mum. Presume your steroids have kicked in ref your mountain climbing thoughts. No wonder athletes perform so much better when on them. Hope you (and your bod) cope well with your chemo. Very tough for you chemo-cuties and rad-ravers !! What? The names ? - I'm just trying to cheer - it's my new found purpose in life !! Nice to see you here Les. We're privileged. (that the right spelling?). Anytime you're having a bad night, come and have a sesh on the "Insomniacs/Night Birds" on Living with and beyond breast cancer/ Living with cancer.  x

I'm about 3 days behind on posts here so forgive my backtracking and if I repeat things that've already been said.

Amanda - Yes your seroma's just start being absorbed /drying up. Sooo glad your results justified/confirmed the NECESSITY for your mastectomy. What is meant by "staging" ? x

Spongebob - Has your boob exposure to been stopped/prevented  by YOU or your hubby ?? You sound to be in fine, fit, feckle from your marathon swimming etc.. If you wanted at some later stage, (and your not fed up with ops), perhaps something else could be done to reshape your current boobs if you're not too happy with - you say "box shape". If your op was performed by an Onco-plastic surgeon, there may be a Plastic surgeon who could improve what you have. Amazes me what they can do and the continual developements.in ideas and techniques. So if you're saying you're not too happy with, you could pursue it further? - I would find the nearest best Plastic and go see him to see what, if anything, that's without any disrespect to the initial surgeon. They all have their different techniques and specialities. 

And Yeh, I too have discovered the value of the peeps on here.- good lot ain't they ! Yeh, let us know, if it isn't censored !! x

Bazza - What d'ya mean your getting a "medical" diagnosis ?! Who looked into (!!) your derriere prob before - the window cleaner ??!! Get it sorted or I'll come and sort you myself.  Never mind crossing your fingers - if it's me, you wont be able to sit down for a month !! soooo. But, seriously Bazza, hope you get to the "bottom" of it soon. x 

Chloe cat's gone down again today, off food again. The anti-thyroxine tabs just upset her system so much, so I'm kicking them into touch for a few days, get her appetite back again. My tums still not right either, fridge full of tasty food remains untouched so we're a right pair. See how we're both feeling tomoz.

BTW, i posted my news on the insomniac/night birds thread, that I've just won £333.000 on the post code lottery. I don't have room in my account for it, so it's any takers for a Fiver. It's in £50's to take up less room, wrapped and ready to go.  First come, first served.

Hope you're all having a good weekend

Dellywelly xxx 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Let us know how you get on Sarah!!!!
bazza7676

Great attitude Spongebob. Live life to the full. That's what I'm getting from this and all the horrible things that are going on right now.

Glad your decision was justified Amanda, big hugs. Fingers crossed for staging x

Thursday is interesting for me and Nikki, she has 3rd chemo. Woohoo halfway! While I'm at the docs about my bottom problem as that hasn't gone away l. So decided to get medical diagnosis. Fingers crossed Nikki's SEs aren't so bad and there's nothing serious with me.

It's crappy weather here. But have a good weekend everyone xx

spongebob52

This forum's like a good old friend, you can disappear for a while but when you need a friend it's here.😃🌼

spongebob52

Good idea Gill!😨

Jill1998
Community Champion

Amanda that is good news and sounds like op was def needed.Hope you feel a bit more positive and can make some plans now you have ops out if the way.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Glad you are embracing life Sarah,give husband a quick flash tonight get it over with!!!
cjrd

Hi spongebob53,
Good for you - that is great!

spongebob52

Hi.All brief update  8 months post diagnosis, 5 months treatment follow up appointment, dog ear scar on post diep scar, and box shaped boobs.! .What the hell, back at work and enjoying life., swimming 40_50 lengths and gentle work out in gym. Husband hasn't had a look yet at New boob, what the hell enjoying second chance in life!😆

familytree

Glad it went ok Amanda. Soon be looking back on this as a distant memory! Lesley can't help you, I didn't need chemo but sure someone will advise soon. Hope you're ok. Sleep deprivation is the worst feeling! Sending love to all. Lorna x x
Cs66

Glad it went well Amanda and there was nothing worse. Hopefully you can concentrate on recovering for Christmas. Are you definitely having chemo? I will get my lymph results just before Christmas then it's CT scan and chemo. That's something to look forward to for the new year!!! Claire xxxxx

A.Faed

It went well with the surgeon , there was multi focal cancers dotted around the breast, the biggest was 7mm, having the mx was the right thing to do for sure! There were seven nodes and one had micro mets, so this operation it was 1/7 and overall, 2/8 nodes positive, so that so bad. I have to have a CT scan for staging, so that will make me nervous, hopefully I'll get an appointment for that in a couple of weeks. Overall, I think it well, nothing worse at least and the treatment plan remains the same.

BCN drained the seroma and got 160ml this time (450ml the first time) so it was quite a lot less..maybe it's slowing up now!

I hope everyone is doing ok tonight,

Amanda x

Les53

Evening ladies, long day but did it herceptin then 6 hrs obs, then docetaxel and carboplatin, sent home with a suitcase of meds and injections to boost the white cell count - dreading these as I think they make u achey, has anyone got this experience? Managed 30 min sleep last night, part nerves and mainly steroids so need sime sleep tonight! Hope you are all ok today, and Amanda things hopefully went well for you xx

lesley xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

How are you doing Jennifer?
Jennifed

As Winston Churchill said, "when you are going through he'll keep going" - good luck with the chemo - it will be over soon.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hope your appointment is as positive as it can be Amanda.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck with your first chemo Les.Hope you managed to get some sleep.
Les53

Hi ladies, don't normally post on this thread but I find all your comments really supportive. I'm start chemo tomorrow, but I noticed Delly you were asking about Jen , she posts on the November 2015 chemo thread and we hadn't heard from her in 5 days then she posted yesterday so you should be able to find it there, it seems her mum has been ill and she's had some other issues to get her head around but she's ok xxx

sorry for the late post! Went for chemo preassessment the longest day of my life , had a reaction to first dose of steroids so had to have all manner of test, now feel totally wired - might go climb a mountain 😃

take care ladies and night xx

Tandy 4
Community Champion

All the best for tomorrow Amanda! 👍🏼😚

Thanks Sissy....... Hoping the seroma is gone soon and I don't get one!!!! 

Hugs to all xxxx

Cs66

Mr W is away next week otherwise would have operated then. So I have to wait an extra week. Frustrating but I must believe that if they were worried worse was happening then they would hAve started treatment already. 

Good luck tomorrow Amanda. I will be thinking of you. 

Claire xxxx

delly

Thanks Amanda - But I desperately need to do it for myself as well to save time and, as I said, it's laborious. I've done various courses in the past but you forget if they're not put into practice, which they weren't. I'd thought mabe the ECDL, the Pitmans School is in M/C centre although they do on-line learning as well, but you just go in for the exams.. I'd prefer if I could find somewhere more local Plus "Fast Track". Hope it goes well for you tomorrow. Seroma's are a bit of a nuisance aren't they, I didn't find them painful, just like having a tennis ball !  x

Sissy -Thanks for the info.ref scans.  x

Hope the three of you, Claire, are feeling better today. Hard going for you all. x

I popped a message to Jen from us all. She was very low in her last post, missing her hubby.. 

Hope everyone else is doing well with burnt boobs, chemo, waiting on results as well as healing from ops

Lotsa love Delly xxx

A.Faed

Hi Delly, yes tomorrow for check up, seroma drain and hopefully results. I still have bits of steri strips stock over about a quarter of my scar, I think the district nurse took it off too soon, op on Friday and she took off all dressing including steri strips on the Tuesday! Still very lumpy but I'll ask Mr C about it tomorrow.

Just thinking about you, Delly, my eldest daughter had two jobs in 'admin' and was never taught to touch type, what you probably need more that typing speed is a good knowledge of MS Office, word processing etc, and emails, that sort of thing. There must be some courses in that sort of thing.

I have a 17 y.o. cat who has hypothyroidism and and has tablets called vidalta, she can be a bit of a struggle to tablet but I find it easier to park her bottom against something so she can't back away from me! I think there is a liquid version of her medication but I recon it would be expensive. Glad Chloe is eating again, though.

Claire, I really think if they thought your cancer would be doing more damage, they would have got you in faster, I was told at the beginning that weeks don't make that much difference in terms of growth. I really know what you feel though, once you know that's what should be done, you just want to get on with it! I don't know about Mr W, but Mr C got me put on his list a week early, but they may want you to have a bit longer to recover.

Love and hugs to everyone, Amanda x

Sissylw1980

Jill, you've said exactly what I was going to say about timescales, I'm led to believe that generally BC is a lot slower growing than we imagine it to be and that a few weeks delay doesn't make a difference.

Tina, I noticed it a couple of days after the drain was removed. They said it wasn't as a result of the drain removal, apparently your body realises there's a void so replaces it with fluid. It doesn't hurt, it's just a nuisance. Sissy xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes ,Jen hope you are ok, not heard from you for a few days.Claire I dont think you need to worry too much re timescales ,people wait 9 plus weeks for radiotherapy after surgery and at least a month after surgery for chemo to start.Im led to believe this disease grows quite slowly and that a few weeks don't make much of a difference .
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Oh Claire Hun, I know exactly that feeling! The waiting is horrendous and it causes us to think all sorts!! I'm trying to convince myself to stop worrying and they are the experts!!! Xxx big hugs mate Tina 

Cs66

I must be lucky as I have had no signs of a seroma (if lucky is the right word in the context of BC!) hopefully next time will be the same. Two weeks to go till next lot of surgery. I am panicking now that they wil. Have left it too long no between initial surgery and active treatment. Got to learn to trust the medical team! Claire xxxx
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Sissy, your seroma, did it gapped as soon as you had drain removed? I'm getting drain out tomorrow and up till last night I was still at 41ml!:( xxx 

Sissylw1980

Hi Delly, I had a pet/ct scan after diagnosis. Because I had C in my swollen lymph node next to the lymph breast the surgeon wanted a full scan done so that they could check it hadn't travelled through the lymphatic system and settled elsewhere.

Claire, im in for my check up and results on Tuesday, nearly 3 weeks after my operation. From initial chats with Mr C and BCN they aren't anticipating anything too surprising! I've stopped with my pain killers now, feeling more stiff and uncomfortable than in pain. The recurring seroma is annoying though, they drained another 300ml from it yesterday! Sissy xx
delly

Difficult manouvring and holding her, whilst opening her jaw to then put tabs in with other hand. She's so delicate I'm afraid to hurt her, did manage day before somehow , but with my hands being a bit knacked - gave up last night, poor thing. I'll have to go back to the vets for another lesson by the nurse.

Now, has anyone heard from JenJen? perhaps on another thread ?? I'll have a look, but will send her a message from us all.

Sissy - when you've a mo', can you tell me how you went about having a FULL BODY SCAN - was that privately or NHS ?? Taaa in advance.

How you doing today Jilly and Ruth Peggycat ??

Delly woohoo !! xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Send them back Ruth,def faulty!!!My cat doesn't understand meat,just taps it with her paw and walks away in disgust.Now if it's tuna she is very happy.
PeggyCat
Community Champion

Very glad to hear that Chloe is doing better Delly and that you are spoiling her. Think my cats are faulty as none of them like fish or prawns. xxxx

delly

Hi evryone one,

Fuffs- Is the boob settling down at all folowing your last rads. How often do you have to go.

Hi Charlie - Left you a message on your other post. That's good news on it just being one, but tough for you fertility wise so I hope they can do something for you - harvest some of your eggs .Dealing with the 'C' is difficult enough on it's own.  You sound pretty upbeat about it today, I hope that's the case.

Claire - working up to your date will be a good distraction for you won't it

Julia m_- Glad you're doing okay and the Aloe gels working. It's lovely and cooling isn't it. How many more seshes do you have.

Nickif - That's great news. Think we've talked about Hot Flushes, elsewhere haven't we. Some Drs. prescribe certain of the antidepressants to help with them. I'm not a tablet girl so I'm seriously considering Acupuncture if I can find a good practioner. There is a "benefit" at this time of the year, I'm always turning the heating OFF,  but I don't enjoy Summers like I used to which is such a shame.

Jobey - Thanks for asking and everyone else, Chloe seems to be doing better. She's got prawns coming out of her ears! Getting 3 tabs down is a problem though. I take her back next week. One of the tabs is an appetite stimulant, and it's working  How are you today Jobes

I think I must have been reading the wrong page in my longest post of the year last night/this morn. Hope you are all okay and you post op-ers are all healing up well, and exercising lots.(boot up the bum)

Amanda- is your wound any better today ? Tomorrow you go back for check, yes ?

Early night for me again.Bye for now

Lotsa love to you all, Dellywoo xxx 

Cs66

Hi Sissy, it's 4 weeks today since my op so it will be 4 and a half when I go back to work. I know it will be physically tiring but mentally I really need it. Can't stand long days at home worrying. I have tried to keep busy and seen loads of friends but there are still a lot of hours in a day. God knows what I will do through chemo! 

When do you go back for results? I hope you (and Amanda and Tina) are healing well. I am still a bit sore but otherwise ok. 

Have a good day

claire xxxxx

delly

No-one else has popped in this morn. But if you ever need nightime "RANT/SOB space or ears, it's on the "Living with and Beyond Cancer" / Living with Breast Cancer. But it's previous origins are in "Recovering from Treatment/ "Insomnia Anyone - Going nuts"". If at any time you can't sleep, see you there OR be . . . . zzzzzzzz

DopeyDelly zzzzz

delly

Dellydoodaa here again- ohhhhh yes I am !!  Loadsa catching up to do - hahaha, standing joke ! LISTEN, it's good if I'm NOT on here all day AND NIGHT - sadly waiting for some poor victim to message me back so i can pounce back.  It NOW means I'm being that much more positively productive so am NOT sadly waiting for someone to talk to me - sob, boohoo, sniff, more boohoo !! DON'T everrrr let me go down there again will you please, I know you would pull me back up again if I did. However, lets not even talk about it.  Will be ever truely "Thankful and Grateful" to you all. Yes I can be seeeriously serious !  and frankly - very humbled by some of you (yers) on here.   BUT also listen, this may be my LOOONGEST post ever, and NO it isn't all rubbish - you cheeky blah bumph oo-errrrs. Please just read it if only to humour me. 

SISSY - could you please tell me how you went about having a FULL BODY SCAN. Am presuming it wasn't on the NHS ? or was it ??  

With ref to Aloe Vera Gel, I'm not being arrogant, but having been a medic with years of dealing with healing of the skin, PLUS my own boob op scar healing  I wouldn't use ANYthing yourself for the first TWO weeks until it's COMPLETELY healed up. Cos there's always a risk if IS'NT fully healed, that what you're using could introduce infection because it isn't antiseptic enough, and can then further PREVENT it healing. That then   requires antiseptics poss antibiotics  and that can leave you with an UNTIDY SCAR.

But . . if it's all healed, - BIO OIL, ALOE, Lavendar GEL or even any Unperfumed lotion, will all help minimise scarring, keep it smoothed, and help prevent what are called "adhesions". ( BTW - A friend of mine was a "Living Well" rep and pestered me to almost UNfriendship ! Aloe's brilliant for buthen rns - keep a tube in your kitchen draw).

If you're reading this would you and AMANDA  please do your EXERCISES at the same time as reading it.  Stop slacking the pair of you. x   x    (one each)

Claireebee - I'm so sorry about your news/results darlin'.  It sucks, stinks you have to join the boobless club, Is bl**DY unfair. And THEN, you become a Chemo-Cutie. FFFFF-LIP!!.  No - I wasn't being TACTLESS or UNFEELING you lot - just harshly realistic I'm afraid !! Wouldn't WISH IT or any of it,  on my own worst enemy, however much harm/hurt they did me (such as my cousin). But that must be such be a huge consellation, that you've a clear Xmas and New Year before chemo to enjoy and make the most of your lovely and loving family and so to GEAR, + FEED yourself up,, to better then attack this bl**dy bleep of a disease.  I hope you can now keep yourself open to them with how you're feeling with it all.  And that's fantastically positive that you now feel somewhat "strangely glad" to be having a mast + ANC - I'm massively impressed by that attitude - it's "blown my socks off" as I say. x 

Oy Tina - ZAPPER is MY word!!   Hum, hum, sulk, sulk.  Oh ALLLL right then, childish tantrum over - I'll allow you ZAPPER chemo. How are YOU doing Tina ?? Please tell me who Dave is ? Is he a male BC sufferer/victim ?? or praps a supporter of wife/partner going through BC?

What's this with your BCN and you ??  I don't know the history so maybe you ARE being too hard, BUT maybe not. I'm thinking I may have to employ my ZAPPER gun to other uses besides BLASTING  'C' to Kingdom Come, such as Zapping certain people up the bum, do you think? Just say the word - and  the DBS woman in flattering lycra/spandex suit appears (Yes, that IS me), with Jobey's and my zapper gun invention and Pheeoooshhhhh - she/he is stunned or GONE !! I don't mind working late at night to catch her on the hop/hot ?? Ps. Jobey doesn't reeeally deserve the credit I give her but, I'm philanthropist - and I LIKE stamps !! ( think about it, there's a joke in there. Oh dear, what am i gonna do with you's? x)   x

Jilly - Wine and sprouts for Claire are OK for the time being - but I'm having major discussions with P&O to privately book their most prestigious cruise ship for 2 weeks luxury, relaxation and fun for ALL of us. Beat that - Nerr - Nerr !!    Mmmm. - where shall we go ? ITALY, in the late Spring - ooooowerrrr.

Starting at Venice, then Sorrento and Capri  (taking in Vesuvius and Pompey), Amalfi & Positano, Florence, Bologna, Pisa, Sienna, Calabria and finishing at Sicily. Better make it a MONTH.  You all have a think and DREAM of any extra other places in Italy to add.  It's MY treat !! x   Ohhhh how I wish - would if i could, beelieeeve meee. x

Tweeks -  I'd have felt e x a c t l y the same. Bet you felt like slapping her ar*e. And I'm afraid you may get worse 'cos you have so much to have to deal/put up with with this disease, you lose your tolerance of idiots and inconsiderate people. So I hope you DO make a complaint - she ain't gonna learn otherwise and what have YOU got to lose, 'cept HER making you and anyone else more stressed and upset than you already are? I had a same feedback message from my VETs practice. MY cats being looked after better than you. 10/10 brill care, such friendly staff - vets approachedly professional, nurses and receptionists HELPFUL, polite and COURTEOUS. Tweeks,,you enjoy a good RANT on here, get it off your T*TS (whether you have any, or like me NOT!!. I often make myself laugh at that one. Yeh TI*S) xx

I want to know where JENJEN is?? Cos I'm threatening to visit her at that famous Chr*st*es Hosp, when I find out when her next chemo sesh is. Surprise her with something I think she'd enjoy, that only takes 20 mins at the most and doesn't involve ANY effort from hr whatsoever except to sit still. In fact, I could work round her whole "ChemoCuties" group. Where are youhoo Jen?  Am guessing you're not feeling too well lovey and we're all waiting till you're feeling better to come tell us how you are and what nasties have been happening to you. Either that or I've a guilty conscience in that i'm such a mischievous beep that you're beeped off at me and avoiding me - more sob, sob, boo-hoos. I've a good mind to send you a Private Message. xx  In fact I will x

Hey FrancineFoofyFuffs - Hello Boob- Barer ! In your case- ask your rad nurses if you can use Aloe Gel on your sore, red boob. No broken skin, VERY VERY soothing and COOLING. I did say it all before, but to Jobey, Not YOUHOO. x 

nickyf - Glad you had the past nasty experiences of fellow friends boobs to make you act on your own lump so quickly. I didn't know anyone who'd had it. But coming from a medical background and an avid interest to kieep  "abreast" (sorry, pardon the pun )  of anything about the body fullstop, I quietly booked an appointment with my lovely lady Gp.,who acted so promptly booking me in at the Breast unit, I'd barely drawn my breath. Despite which, I kept hopeful and +ve that it's NOT going to be anything serious. But FLIP it WAS. She's another woman I am truely grateful to - for acting so vigilantly and IMMEDIATELY.   Not fobbing me off with "Oh it's probably hormone changes blah, blah". but frighteningly concerned. Made sure she knew how much i appreciated her actions.

That was an act of a true caring friend, for you to post on Face book at your Pre-op to say, in other words, - "Here's what's happenening with me. Please check and keep a check on yours too will you".

Am skipping over to our new "Night Birds" thread. Anyone up - come and join us.

Tell you about Chloe tomoz, may even tell you about myself.

Niteys, Niteys. (Pyjamas, Pyjamas), Doolally xxx

Sissylw1980

Good news about your results Charlie, hopefully they'll book your next lot of tests in quickly so that you can get on with your treatment. Also, it's good that your looking into your options regarding fertility. Unfortunately for my husband and I, we were advised against looking into ivf as they said they would be concerned that the hormones I would have to take to stimulate egg production could aggravate my cancer cells, once this is all over we're planning on looking into adoption.

Claire, when you go back to work on Monday, how many weeks will that be post surgery? I'm planning on returning properly 6 weeks post surgery, but will have a phased in return for a few hours a week for a couple of weeks leading up to that date.

Nicki, fantastic news about your results! Will that mean you'll be sorted by Christmas?

Tina, I imagine the aches in your shoulder and neck will be related to your operation. I had some bad shoulder aches for the few days after surgery and the BCN said that it would have been as a result of the mx and ANC. Also, the swelling you feel when you put your arm down at your side, I also had that for a good week or so, and still occasionally now at two weeks post op. My husband couldn't see anything, but I could feel it, and believe its internal swelling and fluid build up.

Sissy xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

As much as they want to help sometimes the things that partners. / friends/family say, make you want to scream Tina,feel free to vent your spleen here
familytree

Tandy I understand why you felt like screaming. Some things are futile, worrying, crying etc but they are unavoidable. Like we want to worry. It's no fun at all. Bless him though, he's going through this as much as you. All loved ones are x Lorna x
familytree

Great news Nicki...sounds similar to my diagnosis. We are very very lucky. X
Tandy 4
Community Champion

Fantastic news Nicki! Xxxx That's cheered me up tonight.

Have had a very long uncomfortable day 😒 Hoping the stiffness in my neck and ache in my shoulder is due to sleeping (?! Ha right!) position and maybe exercises!? Round drain site feels swollen when I put arm at side, hubby says it's not and I'm imagining it!..... Tears again feeling sorry for myself and back on stronger painkillers! Also, though I love him dearly, he's my rock and I couldn't do this without him....... I'm screaming inside tonight after being told "there's no point crying about it love, that's not going to help"................ 

Jobey68

Fab news Nicki! It's a huge feeling of relief isn't it after the weeks of stress and anxiety, I had rads and am now on Tamoxifen and can't say I get many flushes at all, as you say if they are needed then they are needed! Xx Jo 

Jill1998
Community Champion

My hot flushes are no worse on Tamoxifen than they were before.
Jill1998
Community Champion

That's good news Nicki .
nickif

Great news Charlie.... I have had great news as well, Lymph nodes clear, all the margins are clear so radiotheropy in 4-5 weeks and hopefully end of treatment. I start on tamoxofen when I get them tomorrow, not looking forward to them as already get horrendous hot flushes but if it is what is needed, so be it. 

I am a very happy bunny tonight... what a 6 week rollercoaster of emotions I have been on but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I went back to work this morning for a few hours, it was so nice to have some normality. 

Smiley Very Happy