350212posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Highlighted

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Thanks Jill, I hoep you have a good one too.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope you are doing ok Ange,did you mean to put some words in that post or did the "blank post " sum up how your are feeling?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope you and Nicki manage to have as good a Christmas as possible,over half way now.
Highlighted

Thanks I will do Lorna x

Highlighted

Happy Christmas to you both Barry. Keep us posted now and again. Sending love x
Highlighted

Boo!

Hello everyone! I have gone and taken a breather from the site, but none of you will ever will be forgotten!

Nikki still reads the posts and is a member of a group on FB, I was a member but it was more for the ladies 🙂 Glad I left it when I did, as Nikki told me they started posting pics of hunks to cheer each other up.

Nikki had her 1st T on Thursday, bone ache and tiredness are the symptoms this time. I asked her if she preferred it to the sickness. Not really or should I say neither really lol. But "just" 2 to go now, that's the bright side!

I'm waitng for a hospital appointment for them to stick a camera up where the sun doesn't shine. It's been a while since I visited the docs, so they aren't in a rush.

Soon be Christmas as they say, I hope everyone is able to enjoy it to some degree, I feel for the newbies are have just been diagnosed and will begin treatment this week. I guess no time is a good time really though. We've done all our shopping, we've had to be a lot more organised. The majority of our time we'll be in Cambridge at Nikki's parents, fed and looked after very well there 🙂

Sending my love and hugs to you all.

Barry xxxx

Highlighted

Sissy, Claire, Amanda and Tina - I'm sooo sorry you're all having such a hard time of it, hair, chemo, knitted knockers (good tho') and tiredness. Sending big, massive, looong, warm Delly hugs to you all. Don'y you feel good when you've got a shape back, even if they are falsies !! Makes you feel more whole again - womanly.

Tina - I hope you're not feeling too bad today ? How are you ?? What panto you going to see on the 27th ?? I need to get someone to go with me and get it booked. I'll do certain things on my own, but that isn't one of them.

Got all my Xmas food shopping done today. I've bought some tasty extra goodies in just in case I may have company. Xmas Day, so far, is just the cat and me (sniff, sniff). We're having a whole duck, with roastie potatoes, roasted peppers and Black Cale !!! I know - gourmet !!!

Cooked "Moules Mariniere" last night - garlic, parsley, spring onions, sour cream and a generous slug of brandy, with crusty bread - only little Scottish mussels but really tasty and lots of protein.

Chloe's doing better thanks Sissy. Took her to the vet last week for a review. Told the vet, Chloe was so "off" with all the different tablets - thyroid + antisickness + appetite stimulant !!! Chucked 'em except the thyroid one. Cut all those in half and started giving her a half a tab day for last 3 weeks. Have now increased it to 2 x 2 halves, morn and eve. She has put a wee bit of weight on, but her coat has come back to it's usual lustre and beautiful softness, rather than bedraggled. She's now got a Christmas catnip goodies stocking - yeh I know - eccentric spinster woman.

Went out "clubbing" last night with a new friend, Tammy. Didn't know there were any in Macc.What was so nice, was the amount of younger people who took the time to talk/chat to me - I was well impressed. I didn't dance, tho' I was ready to. a) because I'm hobbling on this gyppy knee and b) because the music was dire. Think I need to either set myself up as a DJ or open a club of my own. With purely 70's / 80's GOOD dance music.You know, Michael jackson, Earth, Wind and Fire, Saturday Night Fever stuff, KC and the Sunshine Band etc.tec. Anyway, despite rubbish music and no dancing - I stayed till closing !! Dirty stop out. Glad I still have it in me, but I'll be on the floor (dancing) when this knee's sorted.

Signing off with love to you all.

Dellywelly xxxxx

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hi all,

Delly, we went to see Phantom of the Opera, which is one of my faves. Next time we'll go and see Les Miserables.

claire, good luck for tomorrow's results, will be thinking of you. Sissy xx

Highlighted

It was to play "Songbird" by Eva Cassidy - in memory of my Dad, Mum and bruv John. To say thanks to all my family, friends and new found friends on the BCC Forum, for all your support xxx
Highlighted

I forgot to say folks

I put a request in again. For Steve Wright this time. We might be lucky ?????

Dellypoos xxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Jen, I'll get that tomorrow. I'm ok on the quesy side at the moment.... 🙏🏼 xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Tandy I am washing my bald noggin with burts bees baby shampoo to keep it clean and moisturised havent had any reactions to it but it strongly smells of honey which may not be good on a queasy day x but its all good stuff in it no nasties
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Delly darlin!...... Think maybe between the two of us, the man maybe for the turning?!?! 😘😂😜 Though very happily married myself...... I'd love to go shopping, dance, sing with him and oh.... to smell him!... Perv aren't I!? 😂

I'm in lovely Morayshire Delly. Have the joys of visiting many beaches/coastal areas, Lochs and forests and hills as well as bigger towns like Aberdeen or Inverness. A beautiful area though thinking for retirement in about 20 years time God willing, maybe the Lake District or similar. Though  I'm a patriotic Welsh lady at heart and Wales would be in the mix. Not lived in Wales though for 25 years, though the twang of the accent is still with me. 

Im feeling ok...... Touch wood, at the moment. Hot flushes, but temp good. Tired off and on. Taken all my pills and nurse came to give me my injection to help with white blood cells. Some say next few days will be the test. Argh!!!! Shampoo!!! Flipping heck! Such mixed reviews. Holland & Barett were no help, everything was full of essential oils. Boots have stopped the naked range and I was told to be aware of the Simple range as its changed manufacture. Anyone tried Burts Bees shampoo? Suggestions please for buying in high street or supermarkets?! Xxxx Tina 

Highlighted

Started this early hours this morn - still havent fifnished it !! but will do later tonight.

Tina - Backtracking, Yeh, I agree with you on John Barrowman - georrrrgeous. Despite the fact that I "bat for the other side" sexuality wise, it doesn't stop me going WEAK at the knees when I see a handsome, good looking, drop dead gorgeous guy !! Oooomph !!

Well done on your first day. I'm reeally glad you gave us a full account, It's educating for me and I'm sure, to many others who've NOT been subjected to chemo. Many people have said to me the cold-cap is NOT a very comfortable experience. Whereabouts in N. Scotland are you??

Sissy - Good to see and hear you. I am SAD to hear you felt you had to stay off posting on here, due to your "ups and downs"Can't belieeeve you've had so many aspirations. no not that kind, draining of "seroma's" I mean. What show did you see whilst in London ?? I agree, I'm worn out just looking at how organised our Amanda is, and I don't have any of the stuff to organise that any of you chemo loomers ( ! Awww ) have. Could do with her to spend a week with me - get me and the house sorted and back on track with practicalities that I've loooong neglected.

Good isn't she. Give us (me) some lessons Amanda. In return, I'll cook. Pretty good at Italian and seafood. Had mussels tonight, lightly cooked in garlic (a must), with a dash of brandy, and a li'l bit of cream added to all the lovely juices released from the little tasty darlins, with some crusty bread - yummeee. I'm definitely a fish fiend.

Amanda - I'm so glad to hear you seem to be doing soooo well. Cooo, you're one organised lady, with your Xmas plans and pre chemo. You HAVE got a houseful over the festive period - lovely. I haven't even done my postal Xmas cards yet !! Tonight - deffo. 

Claire - Thatta girl !! - loving your positivity - "Tough few months ahead, but a small price to pay for my future" !!Wow to you and maybe you can inject it into others, on or off here You keep that up, you'll be "soaring" this time next year, if not before !!!! < lots of exclamation marks !

Francine - OY, just because you can now stop taking your top off, doesn't mean to say you can abandon us on here !! We NEED you flower. Please DO pop in and see us, won't you. And lots of love to you and your family for a very Merry, Happy Xmas. More importantly a HEALTHY New Year. It's been an abfab pleasure and thank you soooo much for your support to Meeee darlin'. I've got the photies of you to put in my album - you know the page 3 and a 1/2 ones !! It'd make a change, if I had some of you WITH your top ON !! 

Dellywelly xxxxxx

Highlighted

Highlighted

Well done Tina, go girl! Hope you don't suffer too many side effects. Keep drinking the water, nector of the body. Big hugs brave lady x x
Highlighted

Claire - canterbury on the last Saturday before Christmas?! You are very brave, lol. I'm going to a place in Wingham to get my wig. If you search on google for Wingham wigs you'll find the ladies details, she sounds very nice.

Tina, your post was fab, it's good to know what to expect and I'm glad to read that it went well. I won't be having cold cap as I suffer from migraines and apparently it can aggravate them.

Ladies, I had my 'knitted knocker' arrive yesterday. I got one for swimming and it looks fab. It came all packaged in pretty paper and had a lively card with it written by the kind lady who had made it. Sissy xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

your post was incredibly helpful Tina, and it makes it less scary knowing what to expect. I hope you are feeling ok today.

Amanda I had seen the wig place in Herne Bay. I must get over there and get one sorted. I am seeing our BCN on Wednesday to talk prostheses so will ask her about wig vouchers. I know what you mean about the frustration of not being able to get things done as you are tired. I seem to run out of energy so quickly but it is only two weeks since my second op! I am driving again though and plan to go to Canterbury today to do some Christmas shopping. I am taking my eldest son to carry the bags.

I went in to work yesterday with softies in and quite a tight jumper and it looked ok but I definitely want reconstruction at some stage. It's still the hair thing that bothers me most!! 

Well done Francine for getting to the end of treatment. You and all the other lovely ladies who have got through it help those of us who are in the middle of treatment so much.

Have a great weekend everyone. Hugs 

claire xxxxxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh I did go on a bit in my post! 😂
Francine, all the best Hun. Wishing you all the love and luck possible xxxx Tina
Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done Tina and thanks for the great description, it is good to have an idea of what goes on! Let's hope that you don't get any side effects, or at the very least too mild and too few to mention!

Well thanks for the words of encouragement Francine, and all the very best on your 'onward journey' I will miss you but you must do feels right for you.

Claire, I have ordered my wig from Carpenters in Herne Bay, I found them very helpful and they are approved by Kent & Canterbury hospital. http://www.carpenterswigsandhaircentre.com/   For low cost scarves and headwear of all types, I got a selection from Anna Bandana, I think there are probably lots more expensive places and maybe more fancy stuff but as I'm not sure what I'm going to like, I was able to get a variety of styles for a very reasonable price.

All the Christmas prep and generally running around is definitely taking its toll and I find it very frustrating to either have to not do things I want or to feel tired and achy by the late afternoon!

Amanda x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done Tina . Big hugs xxxxxxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wooohoooo Tina your well on your way on your way now! Cold cap sounds interesting 🤔 See all those tears and days of worrying and you can do it after all 😍😍

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi all..... Number one done! All started at about 1 and I was out by 4:20, earlier than expected. I'm on sofa 'chilling'........ My head still feels cold and I've a slight headache.

The unit and staff were brilliant, looked after me and hubby well. Five chairs there and probably four used any one time. I was fitted for cap, and medium decided on as small didn't quite come down sides enough. 'Bob' the needle man was gentle and quick, my Macmillan nurse was there (she's head nurse in unit) and I was looked after by two others (whom I won't name due to rules on here). 

I had canula put in first with saline plus anti sickness through it first. Then my nurse came to 'do her hairdressing bit'. After placing towel round shoulders sprayed my hair with warm water until very damp. Then used Dove conditioner combing it through. My system was the Paxman one. I didn't need a headband. My 'riding hat' (as hubby called it!) was put on and the straps pulled down under my chin and pulled tight either side. This felt really uncomfortable at first, but after a while I accepted the restricted jaw movement..... 😜 So, there was no point in taking in snacks as I only managed a choccie biscuit with my cappuccino from the staff! (Hot drinks available as and when wanted, staff asked regularly what we'd like?) 

The lowest temp the machine went to that I saw was minus 6. First 15/20 mins was quite uncomfortable and felt like brain freeze, but everyone was right that after that it feels better. Staff made me comfy with a blanket, pillows, hot drinks. The actual treatments went quick! One syringe put on and not long later machine bleeped and another put on, finished about 2:15 then more saline flushed through. My Canula was removed about 2:30. The WORST bit was the last hour. The headwear brain freezing hat has to stay on for hour and half after treatments done. My jaw was hurting so much at this point and I couldn't get comfy, had real face ache! But I just kept telling myself how good it will feel when it's loosened! Hubby put pillow my arm had been supported on behind my head and my nurse came over to ask if I needed anything. Told her I felt cold and she reclined my chair, put the foot rest up, opened up the blanket and tucked me in ☺️ I tried to 'rest/snooze'

I was relieved at 3:45 when she came and to loosen it, I had to sit with it on for about twenty mins still, while I 'defosted'! While she went through my booklet, instructions and meds. Omg! How many?! They've organised district nurse to come tomorrow to give me injection. I've booked my blood test for 6th and round two booked for the 8th, all being well.

So, now I wait........ For any side effects!?........ Usually in next 2/3 days? How long will they last? Pray for none or minimal and that I'm feeling ok for Xmas and the panto on 27th! 🙏🏼

love and hugs to you all and thanks for being there! Xxxx Tina 

Highlighted
Community Champion

I'm not prepared for chemo yet either Siisy. I haven't seen oncologist yet but get my results on Monday and will see her asap after that. I am assuming I will have Fec T as that is what surgeon thought. I just can't wait for it all to be over. I am still stressing about the hair. Where did you get your wig. I know I need to face up to it and get mine sorted too. 

Inhope you feel more energized tomorrow. I am finding I am more tired this time round but I went into work today as it was the last day of term. Shattered now!

hope al went Well today Tina. 

Claire xxxx

Highlighted

Hello all,

Tina, I hope today was as okay as it could be. Amanda, you're very well prepared for chemo, I haven't started to get anything together yet! Though I do have my wig appointment booked for Tuesday

I'm feeling really wiped out today, I think going back to work and rushing around getting ready for Xmas has worn me out, or I'm suffering from some side effects as a result of the flu jab! Sissy xx
Highlighted

Sissy - DBS here. Got to get to the post office and sort a few things for Santa's sleigh. Will be back later to give you a special hug. 

Tina - hope your 1st has gone okayish, tho' I know from you other chemo-cuties, it often takes effect a few days later and more so with each successive treatment.

See you later

xxx 

Highlighted

Good morning all you lovely ladies.

I just wanted to send all of you still going through treatment all my love and support and to say to you that you will get through it and get your lives back on track. Now that I've finished my rads, my treatment is finished and I'm getting to grips with going back to my old life, although some days I've felt very emotional. If I can get through 3 ops, 5 stays in hospital, 25 rads and a life threatening illness in between, you can all do it too and take heart, it will end and you will start to take your life back. It's taken a whole year out of my life, changed me in a lot of ways, mostly to the good and shown me that I had more fight and determination in me than I thought possible. You all have this too and you will find it, when things get hard and you're having a bad day. I won't be posting to this thread any more, as I feel it's the right time for me to move on. However, without the support of you lovely people and all my other 'virtual' friends on the forum, I simply could not have got through the last year, during some very dark times. Sending my love and thoughts to you all. Francine xx
Highlighted

Good luck today, Tina.
Highlighted

Hellooooooo lovelies, not so SmellyDelly 'ere. Well, am sweet smelling -not like before 5 months ago!!!!

Oy, Claire. Jeepers - 250 mls ??!! Let me put that in perspective to anyone else. EACH of my current excpanders are inflated with "250 mls", quite a nice sensible size for boob recon, me being slender, but NOT for a seroma !!! That's "pulled out massive Jesus" size Claire. Glad you got it sorted quickly. x

Tina - bloomin 'eck, you've just put things for me in a totally different perspective, with all the massively important information ref you and your hubby's situation RAF wise - crikeybobs. I have the UTMOST respect for ANYone in the armed forces, espesh recently with all the current "troubles" in the world, conflict wise.

Ohhh and Awww, your SCUPPERED  25th Wedding Anni THIS year ??!! Nasty bleepin disease. Well, like me, you've got a whole loada lost time to make up for. I think I mentioned something about hiring a cruise ship to treat all of us to a . . . where do ya all wanna goooooo?? Think I suggested the WHOLE Italian coast, taking in Venice (a MUST) - forget France and Spain,(apart from Barcelonan and La Manga). Slovakia, Portugal and Italy are where I feel we need to be.AND. . . . . We deserve it!!  

I'll pay !! I may have to offer to sleep with the owner of the cruise line (tut tut - I'm soo naughty - sorry - I'm a hussy aren't I ? - no need to agree yer rotten lot).

Got all my notifications tonight, did you ??

I'm sooo glad you're feeling caaaalmer. And hey, THANK YOU, I apprecitate you saying what you did to me in your earlier post saying "thanks" to me - no need, 'cos it's the likes of yourself who put me where I now am Tina.

More importantly - 'I' wanna come to the climbing wall - orr why not, why can't I. It's only a couple of hundred miles - easypeasylemonsqueezy.WHERE in the N. Scotland Tina ??

Have got Frank on. Bought a vinyl copy of this for my Daa, zillions of years ago for his birthday. After he died, ordered the cd for myself, and STILL a fave of mine - he had good taste. Antonio Carlos Jobim and Francis Albert Sinartra. If you like "smoochy,sultry, latin American rythmns, this is for yoooou. bosanova's and who'eva's (rhymes right). Phew, Frankie. Lovely late hour stuff or not so late, gentle,relaxing, lilting Latin beat, plus beautiful orchestration. Check it out if you like a bit of Frank and Jobim (girl from Ipanema etc). Oooooo "singalinger".

Got a knotty shoulder and blades bashing appt tomorrow at 10 am. I seem to be surviving quite well on 4-5hrs sleep at the mo. Don't look great from it, dark undereye circles. Plus didn't help that I picked up a leaflet on Oesophageal and stomach cancer today and I happen to have a lot of the symptoms associated with!!! Hence me not feeling too sure ultrasound is deep enough. I may just book in for a private "LifeScan"  CT scanning service, which practically covers you whole bod + skin mole scan + checks on the state of your arteries ref Arteriosclerosis. Cheap at the price of £200 really, for peace of mind or NOT wouldn't you say ? It's all relative. BUT . . I'm still "Up"! It's all a bit beyond my comprehension at the mo- weird'

Tina, you're like an excited kid since you've been back at work. It's so lovely to hear.

Signing off now as got some other fellow reading to do on here. Had a snippet look and some serious DA DA DAA, Delly's Buddy services required, so gotta go don my lycra DBS suit ready for the rescue or attempt to help. Think Jilly's not so good - umph. RIGHT get those tights over yer head Delly !!

See you soon for another not so exciting, but possibly serious episode. (Most of you won't remember Batman will ya - Fu-ersh, Anno Domini !! Wants shooting whoever HE is (yeh, I'm being sexist again - sorry Bazzabum !! xx)

Dellywellydoodah xxxxxxxxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Lorna, we'll keep hold of that thought! You have certainly been having a busy time, lots of celebrations though, lovely!

All,the best for tomorrow Tina, as soon as you start, that one ticked off! Keep in touch here as well as the December starters, when you feel up to it, hopefully you won't have too many side effects and any you do have will be mild! 

I got a call from the hospital today, asking me to come and meet the chemo nurses and sort of enquiring if I wanted to start chemo during the festive season, I said I had family here for Christmas (this was planned since last Christmas and there will be 10 of us here for five nights and eight for ten days) I said I could probably start between Christmas and New Year but she said they'd discuss it this Saturday, when I see the chemo nurses.

Yesterday I got my prosthesis and wig referral letter. I have chosen a wig and am going on Tuesday to have it fitted and trimmed. Got a small selection of headgear from Anna Bandana and a bag with biscuits, tea and sweets etc (lots of ginger stuff) and another with toiletries and medication, so I'm all set, at least as much as I can be!

Love and hugs to everyone,

Amanda x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Lorna. I am holding onto the thought that this time next year (hopefully) it will all be over. Tough few months ahead but a small price to pay for my future xxxx
Highlighted

Just popping in to wish you all well with up and coming treatment. Not been in for a few weeks, been hectic with my daughter's 18th last weekend, a wedding tomorrow, Xmas next week! Just want to say there is a bright light at the end of this dark tunnel for most of us so hold that thought.. merry Christmas to you all and a happy, healthy new year. Always love Lorna x x x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Sending you lots of love for tomorrow Tina, get this thing underway and over with girl! Xxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thinking of you Tina xxxxxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Sissy, I had to get tooth out and was very fearful! Done now and I'm relieved. Sounds like you'll have same treatments as me? Have you been offered the scalp cooling system? I've been on the 'starting chemo in December thread' and girls have lots of advice and support. Feeling quite calm about tomorrow's first session, but doubt I will be on session 2?! Dreading the side effects!..... I have read all the info, and praying I don't get any or few! Told my sister today that my proposed list of possible side effects is longer than an 8 year olds list to Santa!.... She laughed and said it was good my sense of humour was coming back?!.... 😜 Aye, up day today..... Make most of it! Xxx hugs Tina 

Will let you know how it goes tomorrow!? 

Highlighted

All I know is that it'll be 3 X FEC and 3 of the other one. The oncologist gave me some leaflets on it all but I've decided to not read them for a few weeks! Apparently the chemo nurses will call and make an appointment with me. Where I am they are behind with chemo and are running up to the 31 day from appointment limit. Had my flu jab today and need to book in with a dentist, only prob is that I haven't been to one for around 14 years and I know that I have a tooth that they'll want to rip out! Sissy xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Sissy!...... Its bloody awful how quickly we can go up and down!? I'm on an up at the moment making most of it as no doubt there'll be downs to come after Friday! I'll let you know xx Going to try make most of tomorrow as I'm not sure I'll get in work after Friday. I've been on the posts about December chemo..... Mixed posts, and read posts on the scalp cooling machine..... Again a mixed result! I'm just hoping this blasted thing won't spoil my Xmas!! Xx Have you been told your chemo plan yet? Xxx 😚

Highlighted

Hello all!

Sorry I. Haven't written for a while, I have been keeping up to date on all of your news though, didn't reply as had been feeling a bit up and down at times.

Tina, im glad you're back at work, good luck for your first chemo, I'll be interested to hear how you get on. Claire, how are you? Are you recovering well? I bet you feel a lot better after your drainage, 250ml is a good amount. I've had 6 now, have another booked in for Friday, it is definitely reducing though. Have they sorted out your long term prosthetics yet? I picked up mine last week and am getting used to the weight and feel of it. When is your next results appointment?

Amanda, are things okay with you? Delly, I'm glad you're feeling better and more positive about things, is your cat feeling better now?

I met with the oncologist last week who was very nice. All on track for a January start, either first or second week. I'm trying not to think about it too much as it panics me when I do! I've had a couple of nice nights away in London with my husband, saw the Xmas lights, did some shopping and tourist things, ate too much and watched a show. Saw a celeb of sorts whilst in Harrods, not sure if any of you watched I'm a Celebrity get me out of here or Towie, but met and chatted with Ferne McCann who took a picture with us as well! Sissy xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Claire wow..... 250?..... You must feel the difference? Hope it sorts itself out soon. There's me thinking my little bump feels yucky!?

I've had another great day, S2 Xmas party this afternoon, dancing with my charge. Love the atmosphere! Can't believe it's been a year since we did this last!?..... This time last year I was over the moon that my husband was home safe and well from Afghanistan, had been there 5 months and responsible for closures of Kandahar. Foolishly taking for granted that 2015 was going to be wonderful, with our silver wedding anniversary in August to look forward to....... Only for me to receive this diagnosis! Have had 31 years of plans being changed/ put on hold with the joys of the RAF springing things on us..... But this takes the whole biscuit tin!!!! 😏         Last working day tomorrow for this week, taking the kids to the local climbing wall centre for the first couple of periods, back for Xmas activities before school Xmas lunch! 👍🏼😜 

Think I'll have the last of my red wine tonight, and stick to water tomorrow to hopefully help my crappy veins Thursday. Feeling quite calm about things at the moment, helps having a reassuring nurse finally. 

Still not getting notifications..... Is it just me and Delly!? 😧 Hope you've all had a good day. Will check I again later to read your latest post Delly Dooooo!??! Xxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

So great to hear you have been able to be back at work Tina. The two weeks I had were the best medicine ever! I am missing all the end of term Christmas fun so trying not to think about it too mch. I missed the whole school trip to the panto. I love it too.we always used to go as a family for my son's birthday on Boxing Day. My boys  (20 and nearly 18) don't want to go anymore so I have missed out! 

Delly I had 250ml drained from my "tennis ball" yesterday so it is far more comfortable thank god. Glad to hear you are feeling so positive.

Good luck with first chemo Tina. Be thinking of you.

Loveto everyone who posts and reads this thread.

claire xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Delly my darling lady....... Your posts have given me so much support and sensibility sometimes of this poo!!! Thank you.,,,lol and I, too, am pleased you're on your way back up. Xxx 

Nope...... I'm not getting any notifications either still..... 😏

Im in the north of Scotland Delly! And I've ALWAYS joined in with the shouting, banter and singing at pantos... 😂 Sometimes to the embarrassment of my kids!..... But they join also. Lost count how many stars I've seen but Bradley Walsh was funny, and the guy who used to play Peter Barlow in corrie played a sexy villain if I remember rightly!? 😜 Also, my favourite was seeing the gorgeous (sorry but I think he is!) John Barrowman...oooft ! 👍🏼😜..... Going this year on the 27th we now go, as the kids older, in between Xmas and new year. God willing and I'm not affected by Friday's treatment! 

Well, off to work I go. Xxx hugs to all, have good day. Making the most of this happy 'up' feeling!!! Xx Tina 

Highlighted

Caffy/Chris - Hi. That's kind of you to say Chris, but much of my "turn around was initiated by the wonderful support of all on here, plus the "thanks" for mine was what also did it - caused a click/shift - put me back in touch with a very important part of myself - my compassion and passion for people along with my love and need to help people. Quite miraculous really and thank you so much for recognising it. I'm glad you're doing all right lovey. I read a couple of your posts on the chemo threads. Tough going for you all isn't it.

Claire - I hope you had your tennis ball punctured !! Nuisance aren't they. Was it you who gave me the low down on a survey of various treatments tried for hot flushes and a comparison of their effectiveness ??

Teens - awwww, that's so great that being back at work has given you SUCH a fantastic LIFT and a power of good - just what you needed yey !!! Where in the country are you anyway??  Tina, I've been going to panto's since I was 4 too. But, I was soooo incredibly SHY when I was a kid, right uo to last year (joking!), I wouldn't join in with the shouting out - got all embarrassed. From being about 20, I now come out HOARSE !!! Great fun. One of the best I saw was Ken Dodd as Jack in The Beanstalk. Never really liked him as a comedian. That totally changed my view of him as a comedian, full of quick witted "off the cuff" repartee. Plus, when the actual panto had ended, he came back on stage and kept us all 3/4 hr longer just doing an impromptu stand up. He's quite famous for keeping people "locked in" the theatre so to speak. Certainly gives people their moneys worth 

You got someone to go with you on Friday ??

Love to you all

Delly-WooHoo xxx

P.s. - still not getting email notification of relpy responses to anything anymore. Thought I'd sorted why it was, but apparently not !! X  

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi everyone!........ Oh how wonderful was it getting back to work today!? 👏🏼☺️ I must've been the only one in the whole school who was up early saying yay! Work! And meaning it!! 😂 I had a fantastic day, friends and colleagues all welcoming me back, hugs from everyone including my head teacher! And good timing! Last day for filming the school Xmas song! 🎤❄️ 'Let it gooooooo' this year..... Yay! Probably won't be saying that when its on 'the you tube'.........😂

Claire that sounds awful!? Mine is slightly swollen and still uncomfortable but nothing like yours sounds!! Yes, we will get their together in the end. I had a good chat to one of my depute heads today, I was told she had breast cancer years ago too. She told me today to ring Any time. She was just putting in a form for an appointment for a check up..... Hopes this will be her 10th year free of treatment. Hers was quite aggressive, said she went as bald as could be and on medication, hormone receptive etc. But here to tell the tale looking fit and healthy. 

Ive just received my letter from hospital regarding my wig..... I need to choose which establishment I want to use and return form, In turn they'll send me voucher. My Macmillan nurse rang saying I'm to just turn up Friday with juice/ water, book etc someone for company and they'll provide the rest..... Conditioner, comb, hair band, tea and coffee.... Gonna be a long day but I need to do this!!!! 

Delly, I so wish we could go panto together! I love it! We've taken our two to the panto every year since they were about 4? It's a tradition we cannot break, even now all four adults go...... My two are 23 and 20! Mind you I love the theatre Whether a play, musical or any other show ( but not ballet or opera!) ....... Well, better get to bed, some of us have work in the morning!!!! 👍🏼😜😂...... Shame only for few more days.... Night God bless, hugs to all XXXX

Highlighted
Community Champion

HinTina, I am still here, been trying to get Christmas organised so not been posting so much.

really pleased you are going back to work it will be so good to have a bit of normal. Good luck with first chemo. I will be thinking of you all the way. Saw my BCN Friday and she thinks they will start me asap. Unfortunately I have a seroma the size of a tennis ball under my armpit. It has developed over the weekend and is incredibly uncomfortable.. I hope I can get it looked at today as I can't sleep either! 

Keep Strong  Tina, you are doing so well. Allow yourself the down times they do pass.  We are on this road together and we WILL get to the other end.

hello to everyone else too love Claire xxxxx

Highlighted

If don't post on here very often, though still keep up to date with it every few days. I just wanted to congratulate you Delly, you seem to be turning your life back around. Well done! And I'd also like to reassure Tina - our 'journeys' (don't like the term but it does describe it) have been so similar, I'm just further down the road. Had my fourth chemo last Friday, the first T dosage, and it's not so bad, we CAN do this.In between cycle 3 and 4 it was only the first 3 days I didn't feel so great apart from that I felt 'normal' and had some good times with family and friends.  Enjoy your few days at work - they will do you the power of good. Chris x

Highlighted

Hi Tina sweetie. You haven't been on since the 10th. I stopped receiving notifications too. Thought you'd all fallen out with me or were "fed up" with me. Discovered that my choices of responses had been unchecked. Think your all conspiring agsinst me - Mmmmmmm. 

What's a MUGA scan "gappy"?? (ref. to your tooth, hee!!)

Sooo glad you're gonna have some distraction in going back to work, whey-hey.

How've you been this weekend ?? Little bit better ? I hope so flower. We'll all be gunning for you on Friday and the follow on days, weeks, months. It's gotta be worse for you too, with the time of year. 

Am VERY good mentally, thanks for asking darlin. Got a busy week with med appts or others. "Trousers off" for Knee man tomorrow, Vets Tuesday - THEY might be able to do something for ME too, you never know. Docs on Wed to get re referred to different boob surgeon for the "recon horse", plus ref. to have hands looked at. Thurs - pleasure day. Hobbling down to the station (awwwwww - you all feel sorry for me I know) just for the trainspotting - haha !! No, jumping ON a train to Nantwich to see my fave Uncle and wife. Haven't seen them for 3 yrs and am reeeally looking forward to seeing 'em. He's been through a very tough 1 1/2 yrs with bowel surgery + probs from. Am taking "Cheer you up" pressies, a beautiful opera cd of Jonas Kauffman, currently the most stunning tenor, better even than Placido, plus VERY good looking to boot. To the other extreme ha, a DVD "Wallice and Grommit and the Curse of the WereRabbit" which if you've never seen it and you like still have enough of a child in you to love, enjoy PANTO'S (which are as much for adults) - you'll love this film. Nick Parks is so clever, imaginative and FUNNY. Incredible plasticine like animation. And, Peter Sallis's voice over is just sooo droll. Brill,giggly stuff. See it. "Chicken Run" is also brilliant. As I said - they're ADULT panto's.

Friday - knots to be bashed out of shoulders and shoulder blades.

Next week - ultrasound scan on tum. 

Watchin 'X'. How on EARTH have these two guys got to where they are ?? at the expense of losing two brill singers in Lauren and Chey!! Well Done to Louisa - well deserved.

Nitey-nitey

Delly-who-sings-better-than-Adele-welly xxx She's a brilliant songwriter, performer and lovely person, but her voice is too harsh for me. xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Amanda so pleased you finally got good news!..... I haven't been on here for a while but I'm not getting any notifications either!!!!?! Think I've sorted it!?! 

Im doing 'OK'  got to go to hospital for MUGA Scan Thursday then first session of chemo Friday! 😏😖😵

On plus side, gap from tooth extraction healing though it feels weird without it there!! And....... I. Getting to go back into work this week if only for three days!!! My dr wasn't happy at first but relented after speaking to colleagues! Says I'm being phased in with light duties. My PT more than happy for me to do an hour, half day or whole day whatever suits me ...... Hope everyone doing ok!?! Delly? Claire? Francine? Anne? Xxxx 

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

Fuffs/Francine - so what were these OTHER dressings then as oppo to what the hosp were using?? Whats the name of them, I may have used them in my work? Thought your skin must have been badly broken,  if something normally as innocuous as Aloe was "stinging".

I don't think you'll EVER be the "old" Francine, i think you'll be BETTER than you were !!  I certainly feel so. Gives us a hugely extra STRONG compassion, and a more realistic perspective with certain things, don't you all think??

hidip - Hi and a Warm Welcome.  No, I'm not meaning the lady surgeon you mentioned (Don't think they like us to use surgeons names on here). Your's is at Oldham, mine will be at North M/c General. Although, when my own surgeon at Oldham moved areas, I was then placed under yours for a year, until I moved away and, Yes, she was extremely nice - lovely manner.

Thankfully, I see my knee man on Monday. Whole thing's blown up last two days. Pack o' Peas ice packs being used. Hope he can book me in for op soon. With not working at the mo, I always stress, if any cancellations, I can come in at the drop of a hat. Sooo Francine, it's "Trousers off" for me !! He's lovely so it's a pleasure !!

Hope you're all having a good restful w/end or noisy one if that's what you want.

How's Sissy, Nikki and Bazza's BUM !!!

Dellypoos xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Blossom Hill get yourself to the GP. I totally fell apart when i was diagonsed. She put me on Citalopram an anti depressant 20mg once a day. I'm still on it its fab and to boot it stops the menopausal side effects of Tamoxifen and Zoladex injections no hot fushes for me. I could not have went theough treatment without a girls best friends Citalopram and Dizapam. Hope that helps xxxxx