cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Amanda, Delly has been in touch, she's ok, lots happening, she's trying to catch up with everyone, think she's starting on her night birds thread xx 

I second everything that's been said about this thread and others where familiar names have continually been there for support. My highway to hell trip started in August but I don't think I found you all till September either. 

Xxx love to all and a big thank you xxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Claire and all! Seems a bit of a life time ago for me now, where the hell has the year gone!? 

You girls are are pretty amazing really and coping with far more than I had too, you will have your sunny days back again soon ☀️😍

Highlighted
Community Champion

As it has been said by others. It's lovely to hear from some of the posters on this thread who helped me get this far. I started reading it in September and started posting a bit later and you were all so incredibly kind, helpful and encouraging. We are all further down the road and how lovely that some are emerging out the other side. I've still a way to go but will get there!
Love and big hugs to you all
Claire xxxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Keep on keeping on Jen!As Lorna says it's a long haul but eventually most of us emerge from the tunnel into the sunshine again.
Highlighted

Yes me too Barry. In fine really, now I'm on the anti depressants! Lol. April when I was diagnosed...feels like so long ago. X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hugs Ange xx hope you get out soon and it doesnt cause any delays

Hello everyone xx big love and hugs xx.

Its 5 months since I started reading all your posts and 4 since I said hello and you guys were the people who got me through those sh*tty first few weeks and I will never forget it..todays news is im halfway through chemo :)! 10 weeks to go ! After next tuesdays treatment I will be in single figures and for some reason (hope it continues) weekly chemo seems to be going really quickly so before I know it itll be done and it will be time for my surgery.

Love to all xx
Jen x
Highlighted

I haven't heard a sausage. I called the hospital and all she said was that it could take up to 3 months! My symptoms come and go every couple of weeks which is worrying and annoying.

7k but I don't run very fast lol x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Bad luck Ange, you could do without that, but I don't know what you can do to protect yourself from infections other than being a bit OCD about hygiene, I mean you have to live in the real world! As Jill said, try to rest as much as you can. Keep us informed on how you get on.

Nearly there for Nikki the, bar the radiotherapy, what a relief that will be. Well done on th training for the run Barry, 7k is impressive, I don't think I could walk that atm! It's too bad you haven't had your investigy yet; you could do without that extra bit of worry at the moment....have that actually given you a date at least?

Lovely to hear from everyone again, this thread has been such a support throughout it all, it's long old slog and the relief of being able to talk to people going through it and ask questions has undoubtedly helped! 

I hope everyone keeps keeps in touch, if only just to write a couple of lines...still waiting for you, Delly!

Amanda x

Highlighted

You may well have been Lorna Smiley Happy How are you doing?

5 months ago this horrible journey started. I'll never forget the moment we were told at the hospital.

Some day soon I hope a cure is found xx

Highlighted

Hi all. Not been in for a while so happy New year! I hope it is for us all because we damn well deserve it to be! Barry, can't believe nikki has nearly finished. I think I was the first to talk to you all those months back...it has flown for sure, thank God. Ange hope you're better soon. To all I don't know nice to meet you and I hope your journeys through this are all successful. There are a hell of a lot of us who live to tell the tale so hold that thought. Sending love Lorna x x x
Highlighted
Community Champion

That's a bugger Ange,hope it doesn't put your last chemo back..Try and use the opportunity to rest if you can,although I know hospitals are not the most relaxing of places.Keeping everything crossed that you pick up soon.
Highlighted

Oh no Ange! Smiley Sadx

I bet Tina! x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Aw noooooo, that's **bleep**e Ange...... Hope they're up where they should be sooner! Take care xxx 

Cant wait to tick off (and kick into touch!)  the final FEC Bazza! 👍🏼 next Friday 🙏🏼

Highlighted

Sorry but Bu**er!!! Looks like I am going to be in until white blood cells are back to norm and temperature is reduced 😞 he said could be 48hrs 😞 xx
Highlighted

Half way is a nice milestone Tina! x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yay good to hear from you ange, Bazza, everyone..... Hoping you get home today!

I'm doing ok this is my normal back to self week, where I feel a fraud being off work!! So glad for Nikki having final one Bazza! 👍🏼 I'll be half way next week! 👍🏼 

Yes, this thread, these posts, are so supportive and def therapy....... No one judges you, everyone gives advice and personal information to what, really are 'strangers'!? ........ I've had so many tips from you guys, not just on here but right from the begining of just being diagnosed to chemo threads!  THANK YOU ALL!  It's hard to keep up with everyone's names but I try..... 

YAY! I've heard from Delly Dooooo!!!! She's ok, had lots of **bleep**e happening and is trying hard to catch up with everyone's news,..... Watch this space....... She's coming back soon with, I know, a full round up of events that I look forward to reading ☺️ 

Have a a good day everyone! Xxxxx lots of love! Tina 

Highlighted

Morning everyone, i hope you all had a good Christmas and new year! 

Firstly. Ange, that's not good 😞 I hope you're OK 

I'm training for the Brighton 10K, not going too bad but I have played sport or been to the gym most of my life. Ran almost 7k on Saturday, so 10k by April will be easy (I wish).

I'm still awaiting a hospital appointment, I actually went to A&E a couple of weeks ago and they said just wait until your appointment comes through! Trying not to stress myself out about it.

Nikki, has her 6th and hopefully last ever chemo next Thursday. The time has flown by, you wonder where the time has gone and look back on the days of her being diagnosed. Especially when when reading about when who have just been given the bad news. Nikki's found the Tax a lot tougher, the aches and pains mean she can't really do much for the first couple of weeks.

I hope anyone newly diagnosed is coping OK, it's tough. While I also hope the rest of you are doing OK too,  

Sending my love Barry xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Who though breast cancer could be "sociable " eh Ali!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh no Ange what a pain ,hope you get home later today.
Highlighted

Just as an aside!

Blimey I think this page has become my new 'Facebook' - I check it all the time at the moment! 

🙂

Ali xxx

Highlighted

Morning Ladies - I am back in my fave place - hospital - looks like I should not have ignored my temperature. Bloods not good. Fingers crossed they improve so I can go home this afternoon 🙂 xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Not doing too badly, Claire, yesterday (day 6) I was extremely tired and felt a bit sick, never felt so fatigued in my life! Today has been much better and I'm trying to get a better balance between doing stuff and resting, I went streroid crazy the first few days then paid the price! You should definitely rest as much as you can with bits of light exercise in between, I made the mistake of doing loads because I felt OK!

Oh well Jill, hopefully your visit will be more informative but the best thing to happen is they are happy with everything I guess!

Amanda x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Amanda, I am doing ok. I have been posting in the January thread. Day 3 and ok. Had awful headache but wearing off now. Haven't done much!
I have messaged Delly too and haven't heard. I hope she is ok. How is FEC 2 going for you? It must be nice to think only one more left! Claire xxxx
Highlighted

Hi all, I think Nikkis next chemo is a few days before mine. So will keep my eyes open on chemo thread.
Yep Delly - where r u?? Xxx
Also not heard from Sarah-d for a while. I know she had moved from chemo to radio so hope she is ok too.

Also hope you are ok Spongbob xxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

It's next week Amanda,although from what I can gather from woman who had op at same time as me with same surgeon and had her appointment yesterday it was not very helpful!!!Next thing will be mammogram one year after op,happy anniversary....
Highlighted
Community Champion

I hope Delly is ok, maybe she's having some treatment or something?

Just sent us a line Delly, we're worried about you!

How are you doing Claire, nice (if that's the right word...you know what I mean!) to get the first FEC under your belt!

How did your follow up go Jill, if you have had it yet?

Anyone heard from Barry ad Nikki lately, I guess Nikki must be nearly through chemo now!

Amanda x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi guys,...... Yeah I've asked the same question a few days ago on here and on night birds..... I've messaged her privately too but not had reply! 😒 Anyone live near her? I'll try again xx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

I was wondering about Delly too. I hope she is ok. 

Claire xxx

Highlighted

Hello all, has anyone heard from Delly lately? Xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope you can do something nice in between treatments Jen ,you deserve a treat !!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Not long till im in single figures :)! Starting to worry about finding a post surgery bra in my awkward size and the MX now and looking forward to a break between chemo and surgery
Highlighted
Community Champion

Glad you are surviving the marathon Jen!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good luck Claire xx

Im still here folks in week 11 of chemo I have my 2nd weekly paclitaxel of 12 tomorrow . EC treated me well with very few SEs , up to now Paclitaxel isnt too bad either

Glad everyone is doing OK x
Highlighted

Good luck Claire. If I can do it you can 🙂

Yep Jill I am aiming on working when I feel ok then I can spread my holiday out so I can rest and work at the same time. Let's just hope once this is over the Bugger is gone for good xxx
Highlighted

Good luck today Claire xxx
Highlighted

Masses of hugs for today Claire! xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good luck Claire.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good luck for today Claire, hoping its as kind as it can be to you 😊 

Highlighted
Community Champion

HinJill, I m still here. First chemo today so feeling a bit apprehensive! I just want it over now and I am focussing on getting to the finish line! I am glad you are well and moving on with life. Stories like yours help me stay positive about the future! 

Claire xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well you may as well get your money's worth from the NHS Ange!!!!Rads will seem like a doddle compared to chemo.Hopefully you will be able to work in between treatments ,some people manage to work during rads,particularly the first week.Tiredness tends to kick in end if second week.
Highlighted

Hey Jill , long time no speak. Hope all is going ok. Yep last chemo is in 1st Feb, side effects from this current one have started to ease. Then I have a break then radio. Do you remember my origional guess about my treatment?? Looks like I am getting everything!!! Am hoping to do work from home between chemo and rads as money stops soon, but I am getting there. Xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Glad you have the finishing line in sight Ruth.Apart from pretty bad hot flushes and a receding hairline Im doing ok!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Amazing that you have a big milestone coming up Jill and glad to hear that it seems your diagnosis was a lifetime ago. I hope that's a good thing for you and life is treating you kindly.

I have my final chemo on 29th January and have fared pretty well. I've been lucky and not suffered too much so far for which I'm very grateful. It would have all been a lot harder without this site though.

xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Glad chemo is treating you relatively "kindly" Amanda.its a long job this isn't it!! Keep in touch .Jill.
Highlighted
Community Champion

I'm on FEC 2 now and have had very few side effectts to speak of, bit of chemo brain and tiredness here and there, probably due too doing too much as I felt pretty normal, I hope that will last! 

I do drink 2L of water the day before, on the day and the day after the chemo, on FEC 1 I had terrible nausea etc for the first evening, about 5 - 6 hours but that was it, none this time on FEC 2, day 4, so far anyway! I don't know if the water helps of its the Emend of just that I've been very lucky so far, keeping everything crossed it will continue like this!

Next bloods and assessment 2nd Feb, Onc appointment 3rd of Feb and FEC 3 on the 4th Feb, all being well.

Good luck with your follow up appointment next week Jill, should be fairly routine I guess. It must seem a long time ago it all started but you've boon through a lot in that time!

I hope everyone else it ok, it will be nice if we can keep in touch with where everybody is and how they are doing from time to time!

Amanda x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies how are you all doing ?Ange are you nearly done with chemo ?Hope you are doing ok Amanda.Hope all goes well for you Claire and Tina with you first chemos.I have my 6 month appointment with surgeon post op next week ,feels like a lifetime ago that I was diagnosed now.Jill
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi SRM ,I don't think there is any right or wrong way to deal with this,anger,terror,black humour,numbness ,everyone deals with it in different ways and at different times .Bye bye boobies parties are not uncommon.Give them a good send off ,good luck!!Jill.
Highlighted

Hello,

Was told dec 23 my biopsy results were positive for pre cancerous cells mid grade. Am I supposed to be scared? Hmmph, not sure, right now Im more annoyed and feeling rebellious. Considering the the treatment options, I'm throwing a Bye Bye Boobies party, for all my friends to help say goodbye to the girls.....has anyone else ever felt the same? I know im not the only one not afraid of whats coming.....

Highlighted
Community Champion

I drop in on this thread too - in fact I probably drop in on most threads, but mostly Jan chemo starters because that's what I will be - eventually! and Dec chemo starters to see how you're all getting on too 🙂

Take care everyone 🙂 xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

This thread has been quiet but I am still here. I have been posting on January chemo thread and reading the December one to get a heads up. Well done Amanda and Tina for coping so far.
I hope everyone is ok and getting though the treatment and aftermath of this horrible disease.
Hugs Claire xxx