cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Lucy_BCC

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Hi Jill1998 and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you have found here, please,feel free to call our helpliners, they are on hand with practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays

I am posting a link to the BCC ' Just diagnosed' area, here you will find further support ideas and information which I hope will help:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC

Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Anne,I am realising that googling breast cancer is not a good way to keep myself calm!
busyanne

Jill, I remember well how you are feeling just now.  You want action and speedy action too.  It will work out in the end.  Once you get grading type etc and the treatment plan you will start to settle and simply get on with it.  There are good treatments available so keep positive.  Dont read too much on the internet only recent information and wait until you know what you are dealing with.  Good luck and take care. 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks JETS.Just having reply from someone has helped.Definately a lonely place to be as only people who have experienced this can understand.Its a bugger having to deal with other peoples reactions as well as how you are feeling.Seems very surreal.
JETS

Big breath time right? xxx you will get a lot of support on here - Ive just logged on the first time in many months..was diagnosed in November last year ...bit of a long story but bilateral mx in Jan and just had my fourth chemo (two left).  The waiting for a clear treatment plan is very hard and trying to protect others is difficult too.  Ditto children doing GCSEs, son in first year at uni and elderly parents who I had to tell over the phone in the end.  I remember logging onto this site in a state of blind panic but have met such lovely amazing friends through it and you will too xxx   You, your husband, your family will all learn that this is going to be OK xxxxx just wanted to send some hugs as you have just posted and it can feel a very lonely place in those early days.  Everyone here definitely understands and there is always someone here who can answer random questions even in the middle of the night, also provide much needed smiles when you feel low.  Take it a day at time for now - it does get better x  lots love xxxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Diagnosed yesterday.Feeling all at sea,how the hell am I going to get through this.Feel like I want to keep this private at least for a while but realising that complete random strangers will end up knowing I have cancer which I hate.Don't want my son who is doing his exams to know or my very elderly father so having to keep secrets from people close to me.Not easy.My husband fell apart yesterday,today I think he is at loss how to help.Friends I have told keep coming out with platitudes ,they mean well but can't possibly understand.Cant remember half of what I was told yesterday when I went for results of biopsy.Have lumpectomy 24th June then will know more about treatment after that.So many practical things to sort out when least able to deal with things.Would help to touch base with someone who really understands.