73.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed with hers2 grade 7 ml lump left breast cancer , op next Friday do WLE& sentinel lymph

8 REPLIES 8
Sarah1111

Re: Just diagnosed with hers2 grade 7 ml lump left breast cancer , op next Friday do WLE& sentin

Hi again , sorry I didn't understand tge bit about steroids at 2 am ,, were you in pain ???xxx

Sarah1111

Re: Just diagnosed with hers2 grade 7 ml lump left breast cancer , op next Friday do WLE& sentin

Just want to ask , have you contacted GMC regarding this as there is annular appraisal you know , & my revalidation in 2020 if crossed this long scary bridge.thank you xxx

Sarah1111

I am a doctor too hon,,may be that was not good thing to me as I know ,,, thanks to reassure me saying it's not as bad as you thought regarding chemo,,, glad you will Almost finish & left wing tge one cycle, I keep thinking of my 2 boys & didn't tell them , also keep thinking of my hair falling & getting low wcc & neutrophils , I will be immunosuppressed & liable for infections ,,, please let me know about side effects , thanks a lot , have a quick recovery xxx

Sarah1111

😢

Sarah1111

I love you , huge huge thanks , getting slightly reassured hon,,, what's killing me I have 2 boys , they adore me & havnt told them , I was petrified with f the chemo, but you said it's less than u thought , was your tumor her2 as well please xxx

Anniej
Community Champion

Hi Sarah, it certainly is a very scary and distressing time when you are first diagnosed . I was diagnosed two years ago at the age of 70. I had a lumpectomy and WLE, followed by EC-T and 25 doses of rads. The chemo was much easier than I ever thought. In my mind I had built it up into some monstrous procedure . In fact the procedure itself was nothing much, and the side effects were manageable. I used this site a lot to help myself. I sought advice here to try and minimise side effects, and used info leaflets on a range of subjects. Top tips - Lots of water to widen veins, ginger for sickness, liquorice for constipation, and excellent freshly prepared foods to boost my immune system. I kept telling myself to welcome the chemo as it was killing what might kill me. My op was very successful with good clear margins, and although the drain was a nuisance I was relatively pain free with this procedure . I think what got me through was being able to keep a sense of humour, even at 2am when the steroids had me bouncing off the walls! Sarah, the sooner you get started, the sooner it's over. Make sure you take all your meds , and be kind to yourself. You are not alone. Please let us know how you get on next Friday . Very best wishes. 🍀 💐 X

pastasmissus

the thought of chemo is terrifying, but in reality it just becomes part of life. I'm on FEC-T as was Her2 -ve, and am just about to start cycle 5 of 6. It's not been as bad as I anticipated. But yes, I was scared when they mentioned chemo, and I'm a doctor!

Mai7
Community Champion

Hi Sarah1111, sorry you find yourself here.  It is a very distressing time so your anxiety is quite normal.  Lots of us have survived surgery and chemo so it’s all doable. Your herceptin is to target the HER2 bit.  Here’s my story which you may find some comfort from: http://lifeafterlola.com/

You can chat with others going through the same on the “ going through treatment” threads on this forum.  I found the monthly chemo thread really helpful.  Xx

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/bd-p/Chemotherapy_monthy_threa...

Sarah1111

Just diagnosed with hers2 grade 7 ml lump left breast cancer , op next Friday do WLE& sentinel lymph

I am scared to death as am told I will need chemo after op , start with taxol & Herceptine first 3 month then continue with Herceptine fir a year ,,it's a targeting treatment , but am as though in a night mare I will never wake up from , am so worried my body will  not cope with the Chemi& fears are building up  , I can't get my head  around it ,,, my operation next Friday day , pray for me  please xx,,,,, sorry its grade 2 not 7 , it's typing mistake