Just found out today

Hello everyone,

I just got the diagnosis today, everything is moving super quick. Worst part was telling my boys who are adults but I feel like I am supposed to take care of them. The lump is big, and I just had the biopsi on Monday so wasnt prepared to hear back this quick. Any advice would be appreciated I am still in a little shock.

Hi and welcome to the forum ? I also had two adult sons to tell and it wasn’t easy as like you say we still want to protect them now matter how old they are, Mum is supposed to be invincible after all! 

These early days of diagnosis are a lot to get your head around, let the news sink in and don’t think too far ahead, take one appointment at a time and trust in the team looking after you, please try not too google too much as the information isn’t necessarily going to relate to you and you will just frighten yourself even more!

we are all different and treatment is varied to suit us individually , I had no idea before my diagnosis just how many different types of breast cancer there actually were, you will learn an awful lot over the coming months! 

Plenty of support and advice across the forum so please feel free to join in and ask us anything Xx Jo 

Hi, Take one day at a time, and too true don’t read ahead, until your team give you a game plan the waiting is hard. Once you and your team know the cancer and treatment things move ahead smoothly as they know the best track. Ask any question here in the forum, there’s always someone to connect to. Head up, hugs x 

Im sorry to hear this. You must be like me & feel like your in a blur ( I was diagnosed yesterday)? Do you know your next steps? Im here if you need to talk …Stay strong.