Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping positive

7 REPLIES 7
Livelifetothefull

Re: Keeping positive

Hi,

think you & all the other ladies are right- the not knowing is so hard- as feeling so powerless.  It’s like life comes to a stand still- as you can’t plan too far ahead. 

I was so nervous before seeing the Oncologist on tue to discuss results & treatment.  I was offered the Optima trial, but after discussion and risk assessment it was decided that chemo for me would not prove to be of great benefit luckily.  So just Radiotherapy & Tamoxifen.  

Good luck with your treatment xx

Sewbuddy

Hi, today I have had some better news. So far I have had a lumpectomy; positive sentinel lymph nodes; axillary clearance; a 2nd surgery as cells were found in the margins, CT scan. My results today show the scan was clear and so were the margins. The relief that it has not spread is incredible. I have been selected for the Optima trial so 50/50 chance I will receive Chemo. Then Rads and hormones.

In ignorance our minds imagine the worse, I now feel quite sheepish for getting so upset when others really are going through worse.

Thank you all for being so caring xx

💖💖💖

mini mad

It's Thursday and guess you get your diagnosis and treatment plan today.

please let us know ,  we are all here for you no matter what 💖💖

Sewbuddy

Ann, thank you for your kind words and guidance. I have browsed the site many times but have not posted or commented. I will definitely be coming on here more often during my treatment whatever that.entails. I  will know more tomorrow. 

Sewbuddy

Thank you Debi2, it really is comforting to know that we are all going through this roller coaster of emotions. I wish you all the best with your treatment, I find out tomorrow what's next for me. Xx I will definitely take your advice If chemo is planned. Xx

ann-m

Hi sewbuddy,

Glad you feel better writing it down, it’s what the forum’s for. 

What you describe is so common to most of us, as we want to protect others, but it can be so damn hard at times. 

Whatever the outcome, these feelings do subside when we have our treatment plan, know where we’re going with it & start to feel more in control again. 

As Debi has said below, do look at ‘going through treatment’ on the forum, where you will be able to get support & chat to others going through similar. 

ann x

Debi2

Hi Sewbuddy

It's ok to cry, emotions are all over in the beginning.  I was a mess when i was first diagnosed but coming on here helps you to become more positive.  Of course i still have a cry on my own at least once a day and it helps me cope with being stronger when i am with my family and friends.  I start my chemo next week Tuesday so i popped on to the 'February starters' to ask advice and air my concerns with people who have been through it.  They are lovely ladies and replied very quickly.  Hope this helps x.

Sewbuddy

Keeping positive

Hi everyone, 

"you're so brave" ;"the strongest woman I know" ; "you have such a great positive attitude".....the truth is I can't bear to see the fear and worry in my loved ones faces, I want to protect them from all of this, so I am cheerful and positive and make light of every setback. But here I am at 4am tears a-flowing, terrified of my next appointment!

Every appointment so far has started with the word 'unfortunately...'  On Thursday I should get my full diagnosis and treatment plan. I am taking comfort from all the ladies reporting that they feel better when they have their treatment plan in place.

I have read so many posts that have given me hope, I look forward to being able to maybe help someone else through these dark times.

I am sure all "strong women" have cracks in their armour at times. Putting it into words has helped repair mine for another day.

Best wishes to all

Xx