Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lobular Breast Cancer

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Lobular Breast Cancer

Hi Kitty,

Just popping in to give you a little encouragement. I had had lobular cancer way back in 2013 and am approaching 5 years from diagnosis and over 4 years on from chemo and rads, and I'm still here loving life. It's normal for lobular to be larger in size than ductal because it tends to be a core lump with single cells growing off like a spiders web, so is more difficult to see on mammogram. I remember thinking that every ache or pain was cancer, no matter where in my body it was. That's perfectly normal too. One bit of advice I would give is that if you feel you need to have a double mx, stick to your guns and see if your team are willing to comply with your wishes. I ended up having a double mx post treatment because I just couldn't move on with my life (I had requested a double mx on diagnosis because of family history, but my team convinced me to go with WLE) Big hugs and wishing you all the best whatever your treatment plan X Ann x 

Highlighted

Hi Kitty,

I also had lobular cancertainly and am just coming towards the end of chemo after 2 surgeries. Mine was 11cms and though it was in most of the lymph nodes there was no spread beyond. I was told this type doesn't generally spread very quickly, if at all.

I know it's hard for some people but please don't be thinking"if" I survive this. It's "when" not "if"
Highlighted

Thanks everyone ❤️ yous all have certainly given me some strength and hope. You are amazing people and I send you all love and hugs xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Kitty, sorry you find yourself here.  It really is an anxious time straight after diagnosis and whilst waiting for all of the scans and tests and treatment decisions. It gets easier once your treatment plan is in place.  I had chest pains after my diagnosis from anxiety and every cough made me paranoid.  I think we all feel like that early on and it takes a while to regain confidence in trusting your body after treatment.  Like others have said, just take it one step at a time.  I had a very large diffuse tumour (it couldn't even be measured!) so I was in a similar position to you and had to have the chemo first, 8 rounds to shrink it down for surgery.  Here I am one year post-chemo and having a normal life again and feeling very energetic!  Here's my story which I hope you find some comfort from and maybe a few useful tips: http://lifeafterlola.com

Sending hugs. xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Kitty,
As Jo says.
It is a huge shock, but the reality is, the vast majority of us do get through it & back to our lives again. The outcomes for bc are some of the best around now, so there’s every reason to be positive.
I’m now over 2 years since completing treatment & am doing just fine.
Between us all, we’ve been through everything that bc can throw at us, so do come & chat or vent whenever you need to.
Sending hugs
ann x
Highlighted

Hi Kitty, Firstly welcome to the forum, not a place any of us ever want the need to join but I hope you will find support and strength amongst us 😊

It is totally normal to feel as you do right now, the uncertainty of waiting on tests and results will pretty much drive you out of your mind, we can all relate to that!

Every twinge cough etc will fill you with fear but in reality it's all anxiety driven, it drags you down and makes you feel like you will never get through this but you will and you will cope with what is to come. 

Knowlege is the key, once you have an exact diagnosis and treatment plan when there are no more shocks to come you will feel more settled. Try and deal with each stage as it happens, we can't have any guarantees about the future but the worry will lesson as time goes on, Im 3.5 years from diagnosis and cancer doesn't fill my every thought anymore. 

Everyone of us here know how you feel so you are not alone , plenty of ladies to talk to day and night Xx Jo 

Highlighted

Lobular Breast Cancer

Hi everyone I have just been diagnosed with lob breast cancer, 7cm and other areas of concern in right breast plus suspect in left. Biopsy on right complete and mri with dye complete and surgery booked for 19th October for right mascectomy with a possibility of double mascectony once left breast has had biopsies depending that result. But i really feel i would like both removed for the fear of will I always be checking the left! Also I am overcome with fear, i can barely function, can't sleep, all aches and pains and also have a little cough which is terrifying me. After surgery the plan would seem like chemo and radiotherapy and tablet for 5/10 years! I am terrified it has spread or will re occur later in my life should i survive this. Bloods showed my bones etc to be clear, and an ultrasound checked my right lymph nodes and they seemed fine but will be getting the dye sent to lymph nodes during surgery to do further checks. I am utterly devastated as is my daughters, husband and my parents who are all trying to stay positive. I visited a local Maggies centre the other day which was lovely but obviously upsetting. Any advice / support welcome, I think I am slowly going crazy. Thanks for listening xx