Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRI Results back next day!

10 REPLIES 10
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: MRI Results back next day!

Liswa, please phone the nurses on here or speak to your team, I think there is a book that other ladies have used to tell their children, mummy’s lump or something, sorry I can’t be more specific with the title but I know others have found this has helped them a lot when telling their children ❤️ Just wanted to try and let you know about it, it might help ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Liswa

How was chemo? I'm super worried about that part! X

Liswa

Hi Erica

How are you feeling after your markers? I'm still black and blue from my latest biopsy/marker! Sorry you had another blip with more biopsies 😞 I find the results of my latest biopsy on Friday... 

I have a son aged 6 and a daughter aged 4. I haven't told them yet but I think I will be telling them very soon that I have a lump that needs to come out and will be starting medication soon that will make me poorly. Am unsure whether to use the C word though! I have told my son's teacher but not my daughter's preschool yet.

My oncologist appointment is 14th June so am assuming I'll be told from there. We have a holiday booked on 25th June for a week so no idea how it'll work around that 😞

Thank you, I appreciate your support x

Baroness

Hi Lisa,

It sounds like the same treatment plan as me then.

I went to have a marker put in today and got the lovely surprise of additional biopsies as my MRI showed shadows in lymph nodes, (which had previously been declared clear).

My breast care nurse was very lovely and said that it really doesn't affect anything at this stage as I've already started treatment. It is more for the breast surgeon to know whether she'll be removing nodes as well.

What age are your children? Have you told them?

My boys are 15, 13, 11 & 9. I told them straight away, and they seem to be handling it very well. Their schools have also been told and have put extra pastoral support in place.

Do you have any idea when you will be starting treatment? It can get quite overwhelming with the amount of appointments you are suddenly needing to attend. I'm here if you need to talk.

Take care

Erica

Liswa

Hi Baroness

Thank you for your message, I really appreciate the contact. 

I had a GP appointment on 16th April who referred me to the breast unit. I had my appointment there on 17 May who found the lump on the ultrasound and also one in my armpit. I then had a mammogram and biopsies done. I returned the following week to be told I had grade 3 cancer, I was her2+ and that it had to spread to one lymph node.

Treatment would be chemotherapy and treatment because I was her2+ followed by either a lumpectomy or mastectomy.

I have an appointment with the oncology team on 14th June to discuss chemo. I have since had an mri and further biopsy as 2 shadows measuring 5 and 6mm were also detected on the MRI.

How was chemo? Out of all of it, that is the thing I am most worried about as I have young children and want to be able to look after them as best I can.

Thank you,

Lisa x

Baroness

Hi,

I found the lump on 4th April (Easter Sunday) had telephone appointment with GP on 7th at 6pm.

She referred me to clinic without seeing me, clinic appointment was 15th April where they did ultrasound, mammogram and biopsies. They told me then and there that both ultrasound and mammogram images were graded at a 5, so cancer.

Had to wait until 29th for biopsy results, where I was told it was grade 3 and Her2+

Had my first chemo session on 13th May, as they wanted to start treatment as quickly as possible, and didn't want to wait for MRI.

I am booked to have a marker put in next Wednesday.

I think I'm only just processing that its happening to me, it has all been so quick.

What about you, when did your journey begin ?

Liswa

Sorry Shi I forgot to say thank you for the advice. It really did help 🙂 xxx

Liswa

Hi Erica

When were you diagnosed? It's such a shock isn't it 😞

I had the appointment and the consultant surgeon was really good. He said the lump was actually 3cm and they'd found 2 shadows on the MRI! One was 5mm and the other 6mm so I'd need another ultrasound and possible biopsy again (ouch) if they couldn't see what it was.

So I had the scan and she wasn't sure what it was so had another biopsy and clip put it 😞

Have another week before I find the results!

I'm happy to message privately if you want to talk more x

Baroness

Hi Lisa,

I am also 38, and have been diagnosed with a 3cm grade 3 Her2+ invasive tumour.

I had my MRI on Wednesday this week and haven't heard anything back yet.

Although I do have an appointment with my oncologist on Tuesday next week, so perhaps he'll update me then.

Good luck with your results.

Erica

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi liswa ❤️ Things do move at lightning speed after diagnosis, you are still getting your head round everything and suddenly your diary is filled up with this appointment, that clinic, this, that and the other ❤️ Please try and hold onto hope 👭 it is good your team are able to respond so quickly and get you in, rather than you wait a week ❤️ If you get chance to ring the nurses on here before appointment tomorrow, please do. When I got hospitalised after 1st chemo, I was rushed down fir chest X-ray, no one explained why it was being done and my eyes were like saucers with fear because all you are thinking is has it spread. Try and put the door closed on the guessing till you have seen your team, questions to ask if anything additional needed treatments wise, what’s plan hows it changed snd how long will treatments be for if your plan gets changed and remember right now at this moment it is an IF ❤️ I am sure others will be on too to send 👭👭👭to you. Please let us know how you get on tomorrow 💕💕Shi xx

Liswa

MRI Results back next day!

Hi all

So I'm 38 and was diagnosed on Tuesday with a grade 3 her2+ invasive ductal carcinoma which has also spread to (I think) 1 lymph node. It was estimated to be around 19mm so not huge.

I had an MRI yesterday and got a call this afternoon to say the results are back and they want to see me tomorrow morning at 9.35am!

I can't believe it's so fast and wondered is it normal for them to want to see me after an MRI or is it because things are worse than they initially seemed?

Just wondered if anyone has gone through anything similar

Thanks for reading x