MRI Results back next day!

Hi all

So I’m 38 and was diagnosed on Tuesday with a grade 3 her2+ invasive ductal carcinoma which has also spread to (I think) 1 lymph node. It was estimated to be around 19mm so not huge.

I had an MRI yesterday and got a call this afternoon to say the results are back and they want to see me tomorrow morning at 9.35am!

I can’t believe it’s so fast and wondered is it normal for them to want to see me after an MRI or is it because things are worse than they initially seemed?

Just wondered if anyone has gone through anything similar

Thanks for reading x

Hi liswa Things do move at lightning speed after diagnosis, you are still getting your head round everything and suddenly your diary is filled up with this appointment, that clinic, this, that and the other Please try and hold onto hope :two_women_holding_hands: it is good your team are able to respond so quickly and get you in, rather than you wait a week If you get chance to ring the nurses on here before appointment tomorrow, please do. When I got hospitalised after 1st chemo, I was rushed down fir chest X-ray, no one explained why it was being done and my eyes were like saucers with fear because all you are thinking is has it spread. Try and put the door closed on the guessing till you have seen your team, questions to ask if anything additional needed treatments wise, what’s plan hows it changed snd how long will treatments be for if your plan gets changed and remember right now at this moment it is an IF I am sure others will be on too to send :two_women_holding_hands: :two_women_holding_hands: :two_women_holding_hands: to you. Please let us know how you get on tomorrow :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

Hi Lisa,

I am also 38, and have been diagnosed with a 3cm grade 3 Her2+ invasive tumour.

I had my MRI on Wednesday this week and haven’t heard anything back yet.

Although I do have an appointment with my oncologist on Tuesday next week, so perhaps he’ll update me then.

Good luck with your results.

Erica