Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastectomy and lymph node removal

4 REPLIES 4
Kelly73

Re: Mastectomy and lymph node removal

Hiya

thank you again for replying. It has been confirmed as cording by my BCN. My Consultant did a bit of work on it but it hasn’t gone yet. I have been referred to physio 🙂

Aneeebel

Hi Kelly73

I've just had a single Mx and lymph nodes cleared and , yes, my BCN referred me to a physio... The physio rang me to go through a few things and came to see me in hospital on the day of my surgery to see if everything was clear with the exercises... and I've got a follow up appointment with her in 3 weeks! 

I would ring your BCN to chase it up if I was you! 

Hope you get something sorted

Aneeebel x 🎀

Kelly73

Thankyou for your reply 

I had a look into this and it definitely sounds like cording. I checked under my arm and can see the difference to my other arm. 

Ive not got a physio. Will my BCN refer me to one or do I speak to my Dr?

Mai7

Hi Kelly, it sounds like cording.  I had this and the physiotherapist did extra massage to the area.  It did get better but was stubborn and took quite a long time to get better.  Might be worth checking with your BCN or physio if you’re worried. X

Kelly73

Mastectomy and lymph node removal

I had a mastectomy and lymph nodes removed  2 weeks ago. I keep getting a tight feeling in my upper arm, which I believe can be quite normal. But when that happens, I feel pain and tightness in my wrist and my vein sticks out.

Is this normal and has anyone else had this problem?

thankyou