Micropapillary Carcinoma

On Friday I was called back to the hospital on an urgent appointment to be told I had breast cancer apparently its quite a rare one and Dr Google has lead me down paths that have made think this is it for me.

It is already in my lymph nodes and breast tissue but I wasn’t told staging or anything just that it’s Micropapillary Caranoma Er8, PR7 HER2 negative.  The tumor is 7cm.  I have to have chemo first.

I’m 40 years old and have a four year old son and just feel so so angry.   

Dear @LouLou81 , I am sorry to read your note.

Your anger is understandable, and we know the temptation to look things up on Google is very strong. However many of the sites that come up won’t have a solid clinical background. We recommend you look at sites like ours, Macmillan’s, Cancer Research UK’s, the NHS website etc.

Sometimes it helps to talk. We have a team of breast care nurses on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm). Our team is friendly and always eager to chat things through, at your own pace, and I’d encourage you to call if you ever feel like chatting.

If you prefer to put things in writing, you can ask our nursing team right here, in the Ask Our Nurse section of our Forum.

Sending our warmest wishes

Bernard