cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Biopsies

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: More Biopsies

Bellas mum since I was diagnosed by fine needle biopsy l hadn't have so much pain. My mri was also showed near the tumor another area of concern but I was already scheduled for mastectomy so they didn't do another biopsy- during the surgery they had a so called "quick biopsy " to get clear margins and they found that area was LCIS so the proceeded with the mastectomy. My tumor was also incasive lobular with a little ductal characters (mixed adenocarcinoma)
I hope you ll have good results
Highlighted

Hi Daisiemoo

yes it is horrible and the waiting for the results. This is my 2nd lot of biopsies as had some 3 weeks ago which showed invasive lobular. They had to do more biopsies after the MRI I had showed another area so still no date for surgery for me as I await yet another set of results. 

I am so glad I found this forum as it has been a big help. Unfortunately we are all here for the same reason. Hope the rest of your treatment etc goes well x

Highlighted

To answer the query after I had my biopsy ( 8 jabs) by the last 2 I was feeling queasy and the when they released me I said I felt woozy they quickly lay me down with legs raised as I was about to go 😳 At the time just a something biopsy how quickly things can change 🙁

Highlighted

Actually that made me chuckle 😀
Highlighted
Community Champion

Gosh, that sounds horrible.....don't let go with your hanging on....otherwise you'll be hanging by your breast. Sorry, I'm not really making light of your awful day....that a really nasty experience. I've often wondered you know, has anyone ever fainted during a mammo whilst clamped ?

Highlighted

It bloody pinched at times. I felt like a pin cushion then they do the mammogram straight after to add to the discomfort! Hanging by my fingertips!
Highlighted
Community Champion

6 biopsies ! Wow, Thats pin-cushion quantities Smiley Wink Glad to hear they are taking such good care, and checking everything very thoroughly for you. Hang on in there......

Highlighted

Thanks Feenix. Good luck for Wednesday. Yes I cannot believe how exhausting this all is. X
Highlighted

Sorry to hear that Bellas Mum

its mind blowingly tiring without an extension to the waiting, but you’re getting checked out. It’s a lot to go through and take on board on top of everything else. 

Ive got MRI results Wednesday and I’m hoping there’s nothing different from the verbal feedback I got... + there’s the decision of the MDT !!!

sending positive vibes xhugx

Highlighted

More Biopsies

Well went today for the results of the MRI and they have spotted another lump which they think is a fibroadenoma and not a nasty but they did six biopsies and another mammogram to make sure. Got to wait again now until the 20th for a date (HOPEFULLY) for surgery. Just want this all sorted now as finding the whole process draining both physically and mentally.

hey ho! It is certainly a journey!