cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New diagnosis of mucinous carcinoma

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: New diagnosis of mucinous carcinoma

I had read that too (I'm 56). I forgot to say that I have just gone back to work also.

There are lots of lovely ladies on this site who will give advice and tips where they can. Tamoxifen has varying side effects but doesn't affect everyone in the same way, so please ask on here if you have questions there are lots of ladies taking it. Also if you have questions about your surgery or other treatments 😀

Please stay off Dr Google, just follow what your consultants tell you to do.

Take care x

Highlighted

Thank you Chelle56

It is lovely to have some reassuring words. I believe that this is one of the rarer forms of cancer but tends to affect older woman than myself. 

I am 47 . 

I have just started on tamoxifen and am just awaiting a date for surgery now .

Highlighted

Hi Nat

I was diagnosed with mucinous carcinoma, 2cm last November, grade 1. I had lympectomy and SNB in January followed by 15 sessions of radiotherapy.

My lymph nodes came back clear and the margins came back clear. As I am post menopause I am on Letrozole for the next 5 years.

My consultant told me from the start that this was a slow growing cancer and it was treatable. The consultant radiologist I saw also said this.

Hope everything goes well for you

Keep smiling and stay safe x

Highlighted

New diagnosis of mucinous carcinoma

Hi 

I am  very new to this and at 47 I recieved the news yesterday that I have mucinous carcinoma. 

I have been out on tamoxifen as although I will need surgery, due to the CoVid 19 virus surgery is being delayed. 

I am obvious apprehensive but would love to hear from anyone who has this rarer form of cancer