Newly diagnosed grade 3 living in Glastonbury

Went to results appointment this morning to discover the little b*****d has been upgraded from a grade 2 to a grade 3 invasive ductal. Planned radio now 4 weeks instead of 3, no dates yet. Also in grey area of mop up chemo needed or not. So the little b*****d gets to have a holiday in america to be oncotyped while we wait another 2 - 3 weeks! On the plus side, it has been completely removed and my nodes are clear. Only 11mm in size so I was damn lucky to have found it  within its reluctant big host.

Hi Tracey

Love the attitude :slight_smile: Yes you were damned lucky it hadn’t spread to your lymph nodes. I was heavily node-positive so there was no doubt about my treatment plan. Everyone responds differently to radiotherapy - I sailed through my 15 days BUT I’d had a full mastectomy so didn’t have to worry about nurturing a nipple etc. I did get radiotherapy muscle pain a few weeks later and that is proving an unwanted yet lingering visitor. 

Best of luck and keep nurturing that soddit attitude - it really helps x

Hi TraceyDreadz,  I love your attitude and hope you continue to stay upbeat.  If you do have chemo then join the “going through treatment” monthly chemo thread where everyone gets through it together.  I was diagnosed in March 2917 grade 2 stage 3 with 9/12 nodes affected and still here and doing well after chemo, surgery and radiotherapy.  Chat on here for now if you want to ask any questions.  Have a wonderful holiday. X

Hi TraceyDreads2

I saw your post and noticed that you live in Glastonbury. I’m not too far away from you in Martock.

Firstly I’m sorry you find yourself here but love your attitude. I was diagnosed with bc last December. At the time they didn’t know if I was HER2 positive or triple negative (TNBC) so had to wait until surgery in June for definitive diagnosis.  My Gremlin went on a little holiday to Canada and was confirmed as TNBC. My treatment plan was a bit different as I joined a trial ROSCO, so I had 4 rounds of chemo (FEC), lumpectomy and node clearance ( ANC), 4 more rounds of chemo (TC), and am currently in my 3rd week of radiotherapy at Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton.

As you live in Glastonbury will you be receiving radiotherapy at Musgrove too? Also if you do need chemo which hospital will you be referred to? My main treatments, chemo and surgery took place in Yeovil. If you have or will be receiving more treatment at either of these hospitals please let me know and if you want to know more about what happens at either hospital let me know and I’ll get back to you. 

If you find you need chemo then, as already been suggested join the forum for the month in which your chemo is due to start. I’m from the February 19 group but we have recently left the forum and coninue our chats on Facebook Messenger. Some of us though continue to pop into this site so we will still be here to offer advice, give support or answer any questions. 

Good luck with your future treatment. 

Susie B xx  

Been and had a seroma drained today. 60mls + saucer sized stain on paper underneath me. What a difference from fat booby to deflated booby! I looked at the ultrasound screen, and also fat needle sticking out booby. A most interesting experience! Didn’t feel a thing either.