Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly diagnosed

6 REPLIES 6
Mai7
Community Champion

Re: Newly diagnosed

Hi Emzlew,  sending 🦋 wishes and hopes that your treatment goes smoothly.  I was the same at diagnosis and imagined this thing growing inside me every day.  We do torture ourselves with our thoughts; understandable given that your world has just been turned upside down.  I think when you’re first told you need chemo you are scared and angry that this is your life and has happened to you but also can’t wait to get started.  There really are a lot of mixed emotions and it takes a long time to work through them all.  You are coping really well. Xx

Kip
Community Champion
Community Champion

Heart

Emzlew

Thank you so very much for your reply. 

It's reassuring to hear your success stories.  I'm so scared but in equal measure I am positive and angry.. 

I have never been one to wish the time away but September 10th can't come soon enough.  I will be meeting the oncologist for the first time and hopefully get things started soon after.

I absolutely hate walking around with this thing inside me.  I know they say the time won't make much difference but it still scares me what is going on inside.  I just have to trust in the professionals. 

Many thanks again for your reply.  I'm so happy that treatment has been successful for you.  Please send wishes and luck that mine will be the same x

Emzlew

Thank you so much for your reply and thank you for your story.  It's very reassuring.

I just want to have my scan and get on with treatment now..  The waiting is just awful! 

I really appreciate your words and I will get on to the forum. 

Thank you x

Mai7
Community Champion

Hi Emzlew, sorry you find yourself here.  The period after diagnosis is difficult and the waiting is a very anxious time.  I was also stage 3 including 9/12 lymph nodes in March 2017 and still here after chemo, surgery and radiotherapy.  Once your treatment plan is in place you can chat with others here on the “going through treatment” thread.  I found this really helpful.  Here’s my story which you may find some comfort from: http://lifeafterlola.com/

I’ve started the thread for September chemo starters so you can introduce yourself and see who joins you soon.   https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/September-2019-Chemo-Starters/...

sending hugs. Xx

Kip
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi,  welcome to the forum and glad you found us.  It is a very scary time at the beginning when waiting for treatment to start.  Don't worry scans and tests are all normal to get a full picture to plan the treatment best for you. You'll be amazed how quick you get to learn the terminology.  I was diagnosed in April 2018 and have 

had mastectomy (MX) chemo, radiotherapy and full node clearance (ANC).  Now on Tamoxifen.   So if you have any questions feel free to ask.  Once you know your treatment you can find the relevant pages on the going through treatment pages and chat with others who are going through it at the same time.  In the meantime here's a hug... Take care

Kip

Emzlew

Newly diagnosed

Hello all.

Just want to say Hi and to get to know this forum.. 

I was diagnosed 2 days ago with stage 3 breast cancer that is also in 2 lymph nodes.  Having a CT next week which I'm terrified of but also keeping positive. 

I don't know the "title" of what I have just yet and the abbreviations are as clear as mud to me but I guess I will get to know it all at some point.. 

Meeting the oncologist on sept 10 with a view to starting chemo at the end of September followed by a mastectomy then radiotherapy.

Just wish it could all start now.  It's so scary just waiting... 

Thank you for reading.  

Sending love and strength to all xx