Newly diagnosed

Didn’t ever think I would be here! Aged 48 with three children. Diagnosed six days ago and hoping to have surgery next week. I have self isolated since last Wednesday and should be admitted next week for Covid testing, if negative surgery 48hrs later. Definitely an emotional rollercoaster. 

Hi Mel ,welcome to the forum .It certainly is a very scary emotional time when you are first diagnosed so hard to get your head around and all the terminology used just goes right over your head .The first few weeks after I was diagnosed was a bit of a blur and very surreal .I was 51 when diagnosed,coming up to my 5th anniversary now and so very glad I found this forum the day after I was diagnosed as it gave me so much comfort and support .I still keep in touch with a group of ladies I met on the forum.Fingers crossed for your surgery .Please come and chat /ask questions / vent your spleen when ever you feel the need .Jill x 

Hi mel71, welcome to the forum but sorry you find yourself here.  None of us wanted to be here either so we understand how you feel.  It’s very daunting and scary at first.  I was 48 at diagnosis in March 2017, stage 3 and had 6 months of chemo then surgery and radiotherapy.  It was a tough regime but thankfully still here and doing well.  I hope your surgery goes ahead as scheduled.  After diagnosis we don’t cope with changes very well.  The scheduled stuff is hard enough to cope with and changes to that can result in more anxiety so come on here if you need to have a rant or a meltdown away from your loved ones.  We understand. Xx

Hi,

I too am hopefully having surgery next week, my COVID (drive through) test is on Sunday morning and if all is ok surgery on Tuesday. I was diagnosed in March, I’ve been self isolating since then apart from hospital appointments. 
I hope it all goes well for you. I know exactly what you mean about the emotional rollercoaster. xx