Newly diagnosed

Recently diagnosed with breast cancer. All over the place. Feel this is where I can speak to others and get support 

Hi AOL, please do use the number at the top and speak to a nurse, or the someone like me option, sorry you find yourself on here If you know what type of bc you have been diagnosed with and your treatment plan, do please share if you want, others will be able to help you more with their experience and knowledge Always do as your team says, remember they have seen it all before and remember your treatments will be tailored specifically to you, it is never a one size fits all Others will be along too to offer :two_women_holding_hands: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

Aw, bless you. You are in the right place for support and advice. All the members here have been in the same position as yourself and know just how  you feel. As Shi said, the helpline here is fantastic, and you couldn’t do better than to ring them. Marie Curie and Macmillan are also good sources of support. I reached out to my local Maggies Centre in Newcastle and accessed a huge range of emotional and practical support to get me through my treatments and beyond. Places like this have seen every type of issue and problem. Take one day at a time, and hold on to the fact that research now means we are living with, not dying from, cancer. Best wishes. Ann x

@AOL112  

Hi and welcome, I’m 5 weeks ahead of you. Found my lump on 7th June.

The waiting is so hard but I did find it gave me time to slowly begin finding things out and getting my head around the diagnosis. 
This forum is amazing and everyone is so helpful. 
Ive also been on the Macmillan website as there are forums and blogs too. I’ve started a blog just to get my thoughts down and hopefully help others.

My blog on Macmillan is called Cancer Messed with the wrong boobs. 
Please post again, it’s so much better to have support around you 

Hugs

Lou x

It honestly does start to feel a bit better once you have a few appointments lined up and a bit of a plan. Somehow makes you feel more in control again.

At the beginning it just feels like jumping up out of a plane without a parachute. 

This forum is wonderful - strength and support and encouragement xx