69202members
363305posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nipple removal

Re: Nipple removal

Hi PM. I am having a masectomy with implant reconstruction. I went on tuesday to meet with some ladies who had the same op and then had nipple reconstruction. Tbe results were amazing. One had nipple transfer - some of her other nipple transferred - the other lady had a new nipple made. Tney both had the tattood areola. Honeztly it has really reassured me seeing how good their breasts were. I hope this reassures you too xx

Thanks RoadRunner, never heard of this so will do some research 🙂

You could also look into a nipple share, if your other nipple is big enough.  I had this done on my recon, and it gives a really good match.  You still need the areola tattooed on.

Thanks for that Flossy03, I'll definitely look at that after op next Tuesday and the planned radiotherapy/chemotherapy.  Never heard of 3D tattoos so sounds very intriguing 🙂 

Hi, I was diagnosed with Paget’s disease of the nipple about 18 months ago. I had a WLE to remove my nipple, followed by 15 lots of radiotherapy. My surgeon did a wonderful job and luckily I’ve keor a good shaped boob! I got used to seeing my neat scar which has faded considerably but from the outset decided I would have a tattoo of a nipple to replace my missing one. After much research I found a lady who does permanent makeup 3D nipple tattoos. It’s absolutely amazing and looking in a mirror it makes me look like the old me, I even went topless on holiday! It was the best thing I could have done. Check out areola artists on FB x

Nipple removal

Hi,

Diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with breast cancer and felt I was getting through it day by day, had learned in 2013 when I had colon cancer to try not to worry about what could possibly happen and concentrate on the here and now, but everything has gone out the window today as I've been told lump is not 2cm as they thought but at least 8cm and near the surface so I'll definitely not have a nipple after the operation!  I'm beginning to get my head around how much of my breast will have to be removed but not having a nipple is freaking me out!!!!  Anyone out there have any advice?

Thanks