Did you mean: 

Not coping

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: Not coping

I'm ok taking it step by step and trying not to jump ahead of myself xx

Highlighted

Anxiety can bring on all symptoms it won't spread that quickly. It's a shame you never heard as promised. I wish I could reassure you Hun xxxxx

Highlighted

HI

She didn't ring so i rang and left a message with another nurse for her to call me, but as of yet she hasn't.  All sorts going through my mind and i am getting different aches and pains which i am worried that it as spread.

How are you?

Highlighted

Hi debi2

did you get to speak to your nurse and how are you xxvicxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Deb, you are allowed to cry and feel anxious as the situation is horrible . The fact is that there are thousands of us with BC and we are all managing to cope in our own way, and you will too.

Im sure there will be a very logical explanation for the missing phone call. The nurses give news like that every day, so nothing to do with bad news for you, although not helping your anxiety! Of course, until someone tells you it's bad news, it could be good ? Anyway, just wanting to send a big hug, and advising you to keep busy to keep your mind off the situation if possible. Also, be good to yourself and fit in some treats , because you're worth it! 💐🍀

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Debi,

The anxiety is horrible, but try not to second guess or read things into it. Most likely, something else has cropped up or for what ever reason she forgot or maybe didn’t have the info needed. 

My surgeon said he’d ring me the night before surgery with my mri results, the call didn’t come, so I went in for surgery the next day, for him to tell me all’s well with the mri & that as he was seeing me anyway, he didn’t call! 😬

It will get sorted. 

ann x

Highlighted

Hey I'm sure that's not the reason at all, could they possibly have the wrong number. Sorry tho as this is making you feel worse. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason and I know this doesn't help how your feeling. Ring them first thing in the morning. Hope you get some sleep Hun xxxx

Highlighted

Hi

My breastcare nurse was supposed to call me this evening but the call never came.  The crying and anxiety as started again because now i am worrying that the news was really bad and she doesn't want to tell me over the phone.  Thought i had just started to cope a little better too.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Debi

Sadly, this is a very difficult time and either option will bring its own anxieties. Only you will know what is right for you. Monday, however, will help when you know what your treatment will be. 

Best wishes 

Sue x 

Highlighted

I would talk to the nurse as mondays a long way off when your worried. What ifs are not nice but facts we come to terms with Xxxx

Highlighted

Thank you everyone. You are all very kind. 

I now have a bit of a dilema, my breast care nurse says because of my history of anxiety and depression she can ring me tomorrow with the results of my biopsy before my appointment on Monday.  She says she won't be able to go through my treatment plan over the phone as that will be done at my appointment.  In a way i want to know but then again i don't want to go on worrying over the weekend if it is really bad. Am i best just to carry on has i am now and wait until my appointment or just get the results tomorrow so i can try to start coping better?

Highlighted

Hi

I was diagnosed on Valentine’s Day and I felt the same way, wanted to cry, scream etc.

I've since seen consultant and had a bunch of tests and I have an operation date of April 2nd, and I feel a lot calmer.

Hope things improve once things get moving for you.

Take care xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Debi, your feelings are completely normal and will be up and down for a while.  It’s good to be positive when you can but sometimes the anxiety monsters come out with their worst case scenarios. Tell those anxiety monsters to roll up their scripts and put them away. I felt just the same 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with stage 3 locally advanced bc and after chemo, surgery and radiotherapy for almost a year, here I am and doing very well!  I know there’s little anyone can do or say to make those thoughts go away but just know you are never alone and can chat with others on here.  We understand.  Once you have a treatment plan you can chat with others currently on treatment in the “going through treatment” thread on this forum.  I found this really helpful.

Highlighted

Your cope don't worry, I am. My ops a week Friday. Let me know how u get on and keep chatting. I'm here 😘 Xxx

Highlighted

Thank you for your knid words.  I seem to have positive moments of around 10 mins then back to the on/off crying.  I think like you said once i know my treatment plan it will be a little better, at least i will have somthing to focus on rather than all the thoughts in my head - which are usually the worst case scenario!  My breast care nirse has just rang me to tell me my appointment is on Monday. 

Highlighted

Oh hun I do sympathise with you the anxiety and depression is worse than the actual situation your in. I have suffered for 20+ years with it and have always been on tablets which I accept.  Talk your fears out on here and take time for yourself if you can, rest when you need to as I know it makes you so tired. Be positive cos when you beat this you will become stronger for it. Please keep talking and write down your concerns so you stop going over it in your head. And it's ok to cry. As soon as you have your plan it will be easier I'm sure as the not knowing is worse. Take care love xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Debi

Welcome to the forum. A place where we'd rather not be, but you will receive plenty of help and support here.

I certainly walked around in a daze for the first couple of weeks. It takes time to process. But once you receive your treatment plan, things will start to get more manageable. Some of the initial worry is the unknown. I, too, have problems with anxiety at times. But I am glad that my worry took me to the gp to get checked sooner rather than later. 

Try to take one step at a time. And one treatment at a time. And look after yourself as much as possible.

There are many of us here who have been through treatment and come out the other side..

Please come here as much as you wish, and there will be ladies who will help and support you along the way. 

Best wishes 

Sue x

Highlighted

Not coping

Hi

I went to clinic because of pain in my left breast, lump found and a biopsy taken.  They said that it is most certainly is cancer.  I am now waiting to see what the next step is.  I just can't stop crying and feel that i am not going to be able to cope with the outcome and treatment.  I suffer from anxiety and depression and am in a right state.  How do people cope with this?