Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh dear, G2 invasive lobular carcinoma, HR +, Her-2 negative

4 REPLIES 4
Nannyof2

Re: Oh dear, G2 invasive lobular carcinoma, HR +, Her-2 negative

Hi Chloe & Jan,

This 2 lump business seems quite common, then? 
Christmas & NY slowed everything up for me, too - but to be honest I’d had enough info and just wanted a couple of weeks off to recover!

I’ll keep you posted as to what the surgery entails, but almost certainly mastectomy and I’ll ask for an implant (might as well have nice boobies ☺️)

sleeping tablets really aren’t addictive, but you can rely on them if taken for any length of time. I think it would be wise for your GP to give you some more to tide you over the initial traumatic weeks.

Sending big hugs to all - you’re not alone, I promise you!

Xx

Jaybro

Hi Chloe

Sorry you’re in this situation. That was me 14 months ago. Another two-lumper, one lobular, one ductal. Eh? I adopted the mindset that I didn’t need to know what it all meant as it would make no difference to what had to happen so I went through all my treatment in blissful (?) ignorance and I think that was right for me. Not knowing the gravity of my situation reduced an already overburdened anxiety load. I understand it now there’s some distance between then and now and that’s fine.

As regards the sleeping, I strongly recommend some earphones, tablet/phone/laptop and YouTube. These ‘videos’ got me through months of unpleasantness. You choose what you like. My favourite is Progressive Hypnosis (I used her last night) - Manifest Healing. My husband liked Michael Sealey who offers a wide range of hypnotherapy videos (I used the overthinking, anxiety and IBS ones a lot) and I also like Good Vibes which offer a range of binaural beats linked to various conditions. Many of these are linked to sending you to sleep but they can also be used through the day. During treatment, I might use a range of them at regular intervals during the day just to wind down a bit. I had no problems sleeping as a result. Maybe I was lucky, maybe it was the videos. Who cares?

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Jan x

chloe2

Hello, thank you for your reply, I am in such a state at the mo. been waiting for weeks for a plan. Christmas delayed things with people on holiday.

Eventually had an mri guided biopsy on 31st which has left me so bruised my breast feels like one huge lump now. My sister gave me an Alexa for Chritmas I have tried soothing music but I love the idea of rain noises, I didn't know she would do that, thankyou, the sound of rain always sends me to sleep. Went to a health food shop today and bought some 'sleep time' infusion tea. and valerian root to try. Dr. had given me sleeping tabs but they are addictive and I was only given enough to get me through to my original operation date which was 30th Dec. I have the consultants on 15th for results and op date 22nd.

All the very best wishes for you this week and in the coming weeks

Hugs Cxxxx

Nannyof2

Hi my lovely and well done for reaching out - I’m new on here too & these members have been absolutely wonderful - they really have.

Your diagnosis sounds like mine - 2 tumours a few centimetres apart & I get my treatment plan this week.

I think everyone struggles in the first few weeks after diagnosis, but eventually it settles down when you know what the plan is.

Sleep-wise I make myself chamomile tea, ask Alexa to play sleepy music or rain noises, occasionally I take a sleeping tablet and sometimes I read.

Please try not to worry too much - you’re in good hands and will get through this!

Sending big hugs x

chloe2

Oh dear, G2 invasive lobular carcinoma, HR +, Her-2 negative

I don't even know what this means. I had ductile carcinoma in situe 13 years ago in my right breast (lumpectomy) then 3 weeks of radio therapy. Now I have this lobular carcinoma in my left breast. The mri showed another area 4 cm away from the 1st lump which I went back for another ultra sound biopsy, they could not do it because it did not show up on the ultra sound. More waiting then an appointment for an MRI guided biopsy which was done on 31st Dec. I came away with the biggest bruise which is still very painfull. More waiting for results and an appointment on 15th with the consultant and probably operation (don't know what yet) 22nd Jan. 

Does anyone have any suggestions with regards sleeping. I am wide awake at 2.00am everything going round in my mind.

Best wishes

Cx