Please help me.

Good evening 

I have been diagnosed with left breast cancer August and two weeks ago on the right breast.

I was due to start chemotherapy for the left breast as I had already surgery, however they postpone to stage my other cancer. 
I did the Ct scan and mri breast on 10 and 11/12. Today I rang the breast cancer nurse and I asked the results. She said that they will have a MDT meeting on Wednesday and Thursday they will let me

know, however I am freaking out that the cancer had spread and she knows.

Is it possible that she really doesn’t know until the meeting?

I remember that when I did the bones scan in September even without the radiologist report, the doctor saw the pictures in the computer and said was clear.

Please ladies give your opinions. Thank you 

Hi Drida

I’m sorry this still isn’t resolved. Did you ask straight out? It may be your nurse isn’t authorised to give out results but unless you asked specifically and she declined to answer, I wouldn;t read too much into the situation. There’s an awful lot of waiting - for tests, for results, for appointments, for more tests - and although you’re freaking out, I think you just have to deal with the freaking out bit because they aren’t going to change their procedures for you. You’re in the system, in good hands and will get the right treatments but they need to get experts together from different fields to agree on what’s best for you, hence the MDT meetings. And if you think about it, desperate though you are to know, what difference will knowing or not knowing make right now? You can’t do anything about it - only they can. 

In the meantime, why not ask your b-c nurse for advice on ways to relax and clear your mind. If you can accept that you’re in good hands and you can’t change how things are so you have to trust them, you’re a long way into feeling a bit less frightened. You might also consider ringing the nurses here - they are so understanding and reassuring. I know being advised to relax feels pretty meaningless but I’m speaking from experience, having worked myself up to meltdown point with my fears about chemotherapy this time last year - it’s really a waste of energy and relaxation/meditation can give your brief periods of respite from the anxiety.

I hope you hear something soon but meantime focus on looking after your emotional health?

Jan x