Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent bilateral lumpectomy and removal of L1 lymph nodes

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Recent bilateral lumpectomy and removal of L1 lymph nodes

Hi Susan,

Yes it is a bit up & down as it is for all of us! and yes think I'm ok but lots of questions to fire at my BCN tomorrow.

Sorry about your results being delayed I hope you're ok? How are you doing with the pain today? I too have a small lump in my armpit which is sore but the nurse said it would drain away on its own and nothing to worry about. It seems worse when the bra I wear is a little too tight so I'm wearing one of those shelf style vest tops at the moment and that seems better.

Best of luck for Thursday, I'll be thinking of you xxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Jo,

Saw your post re results.  What a roller coaster.  Hope you're ok.

Didn't get my results as they had been sent back without histology summary.  They had to be returned.  Will get result this coming Thursday instead.  It's as though we're all being tested for mettle on top of everything else.

Take care.

Susan x

Highlighted

Hi Mel

Thank you for responding.  Hope you're doing ok after finishing your sessions.

Apologies for not replying sooner, I've had a couple of days feeling sorry for myself.  Pain under armpits has got me down a wee bit but exercises have helped as well as the paracetamol and ibuprofen.  Struggling with pain relief when it can only be taken max 4 times per day though and when I'm waking at 4-5 a.m. each day.  How do other ladies cope with this? Perhaps I'm just being a wimp. I'm not usually like this.

Now find that the area around one of my scars has swollen somewhat and not sure what to do.  It's over a week since surgery.  Weekends are a little difficult to get hold of BCN so guess I'll be feeling a little out of sorts until Monday.  

Take care.

Susan

Highlighted

Hi Susan,

I had lumpectomy in early May and the blue dye is still very much there 🤣 The surgeon told me it would last for months. 

The numbness around my armpit remains but I’m slowly getting more sensation I suppose as the nerves that were cut repair themselves. 
I finished 20 sessions of radiotherapy this week so my boob is currently red, white and blue! 
best wishes for your recovery 

Mel 

Highlighted

Hi Jo,

I've had a bad couple of days with pain management and lack of sleep.  Under arms have been uncomfortable to the point of tears. My GP has prescribed some ibuprofen gel, which has helped enormously today.  She has also prescribed me a mild sleeping tablet if I get desperate.  I was a bit taken aback as to how under arms have become more uncomfortable after a week.  I do feel better after exercises too though.

Results should be in tomorrow, hopefully.  Have a late morning appointment to have dressings checked and breast care nurse has arranged for surgeon to be there too.  Will let you know how I get on.  Hope to hear how you get on too.

Hair feels good btw.  

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Susan xx

Highlighted

Good to hear you are doing OK, Susan. It's a slow process I think. I over did it on Tuesday and paid for it yesterday. Back to the exercises only and trying to rest.

Nice that your niece and come and do your hair. I would love a hair cut, I had to go into pre-surgery isolation just before the hairdressers were open again. I look like a banshee!

Should get my results tomorrow which will dictate next steps. Any news on your results?

Take care, happy hair do and enjoy the sunshine this weekend. 😎

Jo xxx

Highlighted

Good morning Susan.  I hope you were able to get some sleep.  I remember when I was going through it, I had some difficulties sleeping and recently asked my doc for something to help.  She gave me Hydroxiczyne (spg?).  It's an old fashioned remedy that is in Benadryl.  It's not addictive.  It has helped.  I take 2 of them at night before I go to bed.  I'm getting more sleep than I used to.  That's great you have an understanding boss who is supportive as you go through this journey.  You will have good days and not so good days.  But, we are all her on this forum to provide support and we understand what you are going through.  Have a great weekend Susan.  🙂

Highlighted

Hi Jo,

I have four incisions as surgeon had a bit of digging around to get to lymph nodes.  2 on upper right and 2 on upper left. Feeling less numb today but a prickly feeling now and again.  On the whole though I'm doing ok apart from feeling a bit tired.

Have been undertaking the exercises, which seem ok.  Have been told to stick to exercises 1-3 for the time being.

Can't have a shower until dressing change next week as the hospital had run out of water proof dressings!  I'm fortunate enough to have a niece who is a mobile hairdresser so she is bringing her portable sink later to wash my hair.  Looking forward to that.

Take care too.  Hope you heal well and hope to hear of your progress.

Susan xx

Highlighted

Hi Susan,

I also had surgery on Wednesday but just one side (diagnosis 2x lumps Grade 3, ER+ PR+, HER2 -ve).

My armpit area is the most sore but the breast not too bad I guess I depends where they cut? Mine was 5 o'clock left breast. And yes I'm still blue but I'm wearing a front fastening bra 24/7 so don't have to look at it too often. 😁 I am allowed a shower today which will be bliss.

Have you managed the exercises yet? They are quite hard initially as it hurts but I'm trying.

Take care.

Jo xx

Highlighted

It certainly does.  I thought I might be the only one awake at this hour of the night 😊

Am finding it difficult to sleep through the night but could easily sleep during the day!

Have been reading through some of the posts and realise that I am very fortunate to have had diagnosis and first steps taken so quickly. 

My GP has been brilliant too.  I have a pretty full on job but she has recommended time out to recover and get my head around things.  So glad I am in a position to be able to take a break from work for a few weeks.  I'm looking forward to lots of walks and spending time with my family.  My elderly mum has taken the news very badly, made worse I think by the loss of my dad last year.

I hope I can be like so many on this forum and be of some help to others in the future as my treatment progresses.

Highlighted

You are so welcome.  It does help to know you're not alone.  🤗

Highlighted

Thank you for responding.  Good to know the dye will disappear eventually!

Feeling very strange at the moment.  Probably a combination of discomfort, night sweats (cold Turkey from HRT no doubt) and anxiety about next steps.

Helps to know there are other ladies going through the same thing. 🙂

Highlighted

Hi Susan.  I'm glad you are done with your surgery!  As for the numbness, I didn't have that.  I had a lumpectomy and biopsy on one side.  The blue dye took months to go away!  It has gone now but for me, it took a long time.  I hope this helps.  Please keep us posted as to how you are doing.  🙂 

Highlighted

Recent bilateral lumpectomy and removal of L1 lymph nodes

Hello, had surgery on Wednesday after recent diagnosis Grade 2 ER+ PR+ HER2 (FISH).  Feeling numb under armpits with soreness around breasts.  I guess this is normal after surgery?  Nipple area is blue from isotope.  Can any of you lovely ladies advise as to how long the numbness is likely to last?  Will the blue dye ever disappear?  Feeling a bit out of sorts.  Thank you in anticipation.  Susan