Recently Diagnosed... MX booked but not HER2 results yet

Hi,

I hope I have managed to post this in the right place, very new to all this.   I found a lump 5 weeks ago, and like everyone else I expect, I told myself it would only be a cyst.  Anyway fast forward 2 weeks, mammogram, ultrasound and biopsies to be told I have a 3cm tumour Grade 1 Ductal plus a few other spots in the same breast (found on MRI).   I have elected to have a masectomy of the right breast and no reconstruction and am due to have surgery on 1 May (next week) but although I have been told I am ER+ the HER2 results are not back yet and I am worrying what this may mean as my BCN mentioned that if this is positve too I may need to start chemo before the surgery.  Anyone else had this?   My head all over the place now and just hoping the surgery doesn’t get cancelled last minute.  Any advice gladly welcome.

Kip

Hello and welcome to the forum, not a place you really want to be, but you will loads fo support and help on here.

Cant help you about the HER2 results and how that would affect your surgery plan, perhaps one of the ladies will be able to help on that one but I just wanted to acknowledge your post and let you know you are not alone when you have us lot beside you.

Helena xxx

Hi Kip, i was diagnosed with grade 2, er+ and her2+ bc at the end of august last year. At first my surgeon said masectomy then chemo but then, due to being her2+ it was changed to chemo then masectomy.

This change happened so that i could have Herceptin and Pertuzemab - the 2 targetted drugs for her2+ breast cancer. I started chemo on 27th Septembet and had 3 FEC chemo followed by 3 Docetaxol with herceptin and pertuzemab and i finished on 24th January.

I had a masectomy and sentinel node biopsy on 19th Feb and a tissue expander reconstruction. I got my results 2 weeks later and i had a complete pathological response to chemo - no cancer left and nothing in the nodes - Thank God.

I will have herceptin 8njection every 3 weeks til December and i take letrozole daily.

Your team will know what is the correct treatment for you and you will get through it.

It is 3 months since the end 9f chemo for me and i have a full head covering of hair.

All the best and the best advice i can gove you is to stay on this forum and also Stay in the day!!

Lots of love xx