I know this is not where you wanted to be about the HER 2, however you can now focus on the op and, as you say, there is always a chance that they will come before the date. Roll on 17th May when you little visitor will be kicked in the behind out of your body.
Sending you lots of hugs
Just heard from hospital, results for HER2 have come back inconclusive again so have to be sent off to Nottingham again. BCN advised me to go ahead with surgery on 16th May as they know it is ER+ and Grade 1 and will be best to get it out and then have hercepticin if required afterwards and get on with hormone treatment. Still will be wondering about this results but may be they will arrive next week before surgery. At least I get this thing out of me soon!
It is so frustrating but they need to make sure that they have the full picture. Unfortunately it just adds to our anxiety levels
Sending you hugs
Hello, sorry to hear you have joined the club. I am still waiting for the Her2 results as they didn't have enough tissue from the first biopsy. I had the biopsy redone on Monday so surgery postponed until 16 may. It's a tough time waiting for results though these forums are a great source of comfort and information. Everyone says it gets better once you have a treatment plan... I hope so.. having hard time at present. Keep in touch, we will all do this together.
How did you get on? I was only diagnosed on Tuesday and like you were I am now awaiting the Her2 results?
Thanks Ali49, was good to read your positive story. I am still waiting for the HER2 results, I am due to have MX tomorrow but this may be cancelled if they are not back. Can you tell me, do you only have the Pertuzemab during chemo and then it stops? Sorry I am a bit confused about all of this, just keep thinking HER2 positive is a bad thing. I had geared myself up for the operation tomorrow, my children were aware and now I feel I am in limbo again. Scared!
Oh wow thats great news for you and good to hear people get through this and come out the other side. I agree, I am trying to think in small steps, all the unknown and waiting at the beginning is the worst I have been told, it just seems never ending.
Oh yes we can certainly relate to that feeling mate, but it does get easier once you have your treatment plan in place and you know what is going to happen and when. I found the trick was to give myself small milestones, dont worry about things I dont know about and deal with them as they come. It helped me get through my op, results and radiotherapy.
You will have the anger, the fear, the why me, but you can do this and it sounds like you have a wonderful family behind you, along with all of us.
I have just had my first post op mammogram results (18 months post op) and they were clear, the fear came back again whilst waiting for them but that is totally natural and now it is time to carry on as normal
Thanks Helena, I have been reading loads of the posts on these forums and its the only thing that gives me hope as you all have such positivity and its really only those who have been through this stuff that can really understand the huge highs and lows you feel. My mood changes second to second... let alone day to day. Thank god I have children and a husband to get me through the day too.
Hello and welcome to the forum, not a place you really want to be, but you will loads fo support and help on here.
Cant help you about the HER2 results and how that would affect your surgery plan, perhaps one of the ladies will be able to help on that one but I just wanted to acknowledge your post and let you know you are not alone when you have us lot beside you.
I hope I have managed to post this in the right place, very new to all this. I found a lump 5 weeks ago, and like everyone else I expect, I told myself it would only be a cyst. Anyway fast forward 2 weeks, mammogram, ultrasound and biopsies to be told I have a 3cm tumour Grade 1 Ductal plus a few other spots in the same breast (found on MRI). I have elected to have a masectomy of the right breast and no reconstruction and am due to have surgery on 1 May (next week) but although I have been told I am ER+ the HER2 results are not back yet and I am worrying what this may mean as my BCN mentioned that if this is positve too I may need to start chemo before the surgery. Anyone else had this? My head all over the place now and just hoping the surgery doesn't get cancelled last minute. Any advice gladly welcome.