cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently Diagnosed

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Recently Diagnosed

Hi Anandavt, keep my fingers crossed for you that you don't need chemo. I got good news couple weeks ago that my test results came back and they are happy for me just to have radiotherapy and tablets. I feel exactly same. Since diagnosis and surgery etc, it has happened so fast. Obviously more than grateful on how well I've been treated. I have my date to start radiotherapy on 24th. It's 4 weeks worth. 3 weeks treatment and then 3 boost sessions on the 4th week. I visited our local Beatson hospital couple weeks ago and it's such a nice place. Put me at ease. They even offer free therapies like massages etc for myself and anyone who attends with me.

Hi Debcully, I was extremely happy with how my surgery went. Consultant has done a fantastic job and wonky boob looks as good as the good boob lol. Scaring is all underneath the breast so is hidden. He really did do a fantastic job. Only downside of it all is I got an infection which was bit of a mess. It hasn't caused much difference to the scarring but it has taken a long time for a small part of the wound to heal. This is why my radiotherapy has taken so long to get booked in as they can't carry treatment out until this has healed properly. It's nearly fixed so keeping everything crossed it's sorted by 24th x
Highlighted

Hi there...I’m just curious if you were happy with your reconstruction? Does it match your good boob? And is there much scarring? Hope you didn’t need chemo 🤞 x

Highlighted

Hi, I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer on the 8th of February.  There were two lumps in my right breast so had to have a mastectomy.  My operation with node clearance and reconstruction was on the 10th of March and now waiting to hear if I need chemo before my radiation starts.  All happened so fast and some days I wish it is all a bad dream that I will wake from. Be strong, we can beat this! Xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hold tight now. All will feel better soonxxx

Highlighted

Hi Moijan,

I had no idea, total shock when I found lump.
Went yesterday to see surgeon who discussed plans. Will have lump and tissue around it removed and some nodes which will be sent for testing to decide if I require chemo. Just need to wait on appointment for op but should be in next couple weeks x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes, a bit of a shock, was it painful, did you have any inkling?

lots of love and hugs,

Moijanxx

/

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hi charys,

Yes the lump is right under my right breast at the breast bone. They thought it was just fatty tissue at first as this is apparently a common place for woman to get these. Sadly not but thankfully very small. The Dr did say it should be an easy recovery though after surgery. My friends and family have been great. In fact I would say telling them of my diagnoses was worse than being told myself. Once this was done I was relieved as though that was the hardest part of the whole situation lol. Does that make sense???
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello LeeAnne,

I'm sorry you find yourself here, but you will be in good company in the coming weeks, and get loads of advice, support and comfort from realising you aren't alone. I'm presuming the reconstruction is because of the location and or size of what needs removing ? It does feel surreal doesn't it, even now for me looking back (I was diagnosed March 2016) it doesn't feel like it was me. You sound like you have loads of people around you that are wanting the very best for you, which is fantastic, but you are right.....only really the people who have 'been there/done it' truly understand how you feel.

See you around the forum x

Highlighted

Recently Diagnosed

Hi. I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer on 6th February. Thankfully it has not spread and nodes are clear. I have appointment on Monday to see surgeon about my op. I will only require lump to be removed and a little recontruction but I'm very nervous. I've been told I will have radiotherapy and my results came back positive so will be taking tablets. May also need some chemo depending if they find any signs it may grow elsewhere. They will check for this during surgery. Even though I am one of the lucky ones and I'll be cancer free in matter of weeks I'm still obviously in shock that it happened. Im not sure if reality has hit me yet. I think that won't happen until treatment has begun. I have great support from my friends and family but pleased I decided to join here as I think discussing with people going through same situation will help me through it.