1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma at 37

Emilyblake2468

Recently diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma at 37

Hey everyone, I'm completely new to the forum (my breast care nurse signposted me to this forum this morning) and would like to introduce myself and say hi - and also see if there are any ladies out there who have been diagnosed quite early in life like I have.  I found a lump in my right breast where my bra wire goes back in April that was very painful around the time of my period and moveable as well. It was almost so low down I felt like it was moreso on my ribcage.  At this point I wasn't overly concerned as I thought it may have been a cyst (i'd had an ultrasound about 6 years prior that showed hormonal cysts and nothing to worry about). I had a biopsy and was diagnosed with a Grade One 15mm invasive ductal carcinoma (E+ P+ and Her2 Neg).  I don't think I could have run out of that door fast enough, I don't think anyone can understand that feeling until they've been there!

I've since had a lumpectomy and a sentinel node biopsy (lymph nodes were clear) and cancer was removed with a good border. I'm now waiting on 19 radiotherapy sessions at the end of June.  I was just wondering if there were any other ladies out there who have been diagnosed fairly early on?  Also, I was wondering how ladies have got on taking Tamoxifen? I'm pre-menopausal and worried about side effects.

I'm a single parent with a 17 year old Autistic daughter and luckily my parents have been a great support and helped me out so much and I'm so thankful.  I have hardly any friends and i'm feeling quite isolated with it all.  Emily x