Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed

13 REPLIES 13
mandles51

Re: Recently diagnosed

thank you for this J

I have tried to be positive and play it down for everyone else but really I am a bag of nerves.

Hopefully it will be better after my appointment on Monday.

Thank you again xx

Jules1782

Hi, the last thing you should be feeling like is a fraud BC is BC regardless of size and you have the right to feel just the same as any of us on this group. We are all here to support each other through this nasty phase but we will get there 💪🏼

I can understand your weepy days I was exactly the same when I was first diagnosed. I have since had 2 surgeries and am now halfway through chemo and yes it has been extremely hard at times but it feels so much easier when you know your treatment plan and things start to move forward. Here if you ever need to chat or vent. Will be thinking of you Monday. J x

mandles51

Hi,

I'm new to this, I'm meeting the surgeon and after care nurse Monday. my cancer is approx 13mm and grade 1 (?).

I have felt a bit of a fraud telling family and my boss that I have BC as the lump is small but today I have felt very weepy. I think it is because on Monday I find out what next 😟

Jules1782

Hi Lisa, thanks for you reply. I got the rest of my treatment plan from the oncologist today and was shocked to hear that Chemo will start next Thursday! Seems so quick 😱 Feels like another whirlwind of emotions taking it all in and preparing for what next week will bring. Finding out that treatment will run for at least 4 months and then radiotherapy after that. Never thought I would be wishing for Christmas to come round quickly (and I never wish that so quick as I’m never organised!)  Got to stay positive though it’s another hurdle to overcome...which I will 💪🏼 xx 

Alvilajo

Hi, I think we all have good and bad days. At first I thought ok I can’t change anything and tried to keep positive, I do cry quite often but I think it lets out your emotions so a good thing. I found the ops ok, the chemo is not horrendous but you have a few days feeling lowsey but I seem to have 12 good days leading up to the next one, and u then forget the lowsey ones. I’m 49 I’m not working through this which is good. I have my grandchildren up often and my family are great. I also took it one step at a time knowing just what I needed to know I didn’t jump ahead of each step. Let me know how it goes Friday. I know the waiting’s the worse bit for our overthinking vic xxxx

@lisaloo79 wrote:

Hi Vic

thank you got replying 

I get my treatment plan on Friday. I think once I know what’s going on I’ll feel a bit better. 

Its nice chatting to people that know what your going thorough. I am a strong person but still struggling will it all at times. 

How are you coping with it all? 

Lisa xxx

lisaloo79

Hi sorry I’m just trying to get used to this site and didn’t realise I had replies. 

You need to keep strong for your kids and i bet they’ll keep you active and on the go!! 

Feel free to message me me whenever you want to. I’m finding chatting to people who know what your going through to be a comfort. 

Lisa xxx

lisaloo79

It totally doesn’t seem real at all. I feel like I’m living someone else’s life at the minute. Just trying to keep active to keep my mind off it all. 

Do you have your care plan yet? Feel free to message me whenever you want, it’s nice to chat to someone who knows what your going through.

Lisa xxx

lisaloo79

Hi Vic

thank you got replying 

I get my treatment plan on Friday. I think once I know what’s going on I’ll feel a bit better. 

Its nice chatting to people that know what your going thorough. I am a strong person but still struggling will it all at times. 

How are you coping with it all? 

Lisa xxx

lisaloo79

So sorry Iv just seen this message. Thank you so much for replying I’m still trying to figure out what I’m doing on here. It’s comforting and reassuring hearing from people that know exactly what your going through. 

I go to the gym a lot so that’s keeping my mind off things and I’m getting out for long walks with my dog too. I’m finding the nights hard and not sleeping great. That’s when my mind works overtime. 

Thank you again for replying. It’s very much appreciated ☺️

Lisa xxx

Jules1782

Hi, I am new to this too 😞 diagnosed at 37 and such a shock. Was diagnosed on the 7th May. Already had 2 ops and due to start chemo shortly. It’s such an emotional time and struggling to find the positive at times but got to try for my 3 children. They keep me strong! 

Calter4

Hi....I was also diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday (age40) 

i totally get you! one min I’m positive then next I’m on melt down. 

Never ever thought I would be having to write this! 

Just doesn’t seem real does it? X

Alvilajo

@lisaloo79 wrote:

Hi... newby to this! 

Im 39 and was diagnosed yesterday with breast cancer. I’m a bit all over the place. One minute I’m thinking positive then the next I’m a mess. It’s a very scary place to be. 

Hi  sorry to hear that, it’s is a scarey time but when you know more it will get easier. Do you know your treatment plan yet. I’ve had two ops one lumpectomy and one armpit clearance and now on my chemo. Your in good hands and will be looked after.

vic xx

Seabreeze

Hi Lisaloo,

That's a totally natural response. Welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of support and advice here...it's a good club, though one no-one would perhaps choose to join!

At the beginning it's a shock and it can seem like there's a lot to take on board. It does ease a tad as you get your treatment plan and treatment begins. You say you received your diagnosis yesterday, did they give you an idea of next steps?

I was only a few years older than you when I was diagnosed, and found the medical teams excellent. I am now 5 years on and still post here as a way of giving back. 

Have you confided in friends or family? If not you might want to tell someone you trust, preferably someone who is relatively practical. 

Try to do whatever helps you feel a bit calmer, anything relating to nature usually helps. And do post here with any questions or just for release re feelings/thoughts since we all get it. There's also a section on the forum called asked the nurse, and a younger women's section (plus a Facebook group). Once you have got a bit further into your treatment you might want to consider one of the younger women's sessions, where you get to spend time with other women and get loads of advice on different aspects.

Do come back if you think any of us can help in any way. You can also message a member directly if you feel it's too personal for the forum, although most of us are very open about everything on the forum posts since it helps others too.

Sending hugs

Seabreeze (5 years on and doing ok)

lisaloo79

Recently diagnosed

Hi... newby to this! 

Im 39 and was diagnosed yesterday with breast cancer. I’m a bit all over the place. One minute I’m thinking positive then the next I’m a mess. It’s a very scary place to be.