Recently diagnosed

Hello everyone.  I’m new here and I was just told by my doctor that I have cancer in my right breast.  I have an appointment with an oncologist next week.  I don’t know what kind of cancer yet.  I just want to know if it’s normal to be extremely tired?  I sleep 8 plus hours and I am so exhausted. 

Hi Lowlyf99

Sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis, not the news anyone wants to hear that’s for sure. I know you haven’t had full details  yet……but sometimes just the anxiety and stress of the situation alone can be the cause of fatigue and tiredness, so try not to read too much into that at this stage, easier said than done I know!

Good luck with your appointment next week x

Hi @Lowlyf99  - welcome to the forum and I’d like to echo @Mrsmillie  reassuring and wise words. I’m also very sorry you find yourself here, but glad that you have found the forum. The waiting really is one of the hardest parts so please do use this forum as much as you like to help you through it - everyone on here knows exactly how you are feeling without you needing to explain, so you can just offload without explanation. Sending you hugs and strength, Evie xx