Corina

Re: Recently diagnoses with TNBC..

Thank you very much. That means a lot. 
No doubt you’ll hear more from me 😊 

Bernard_BCN
Community Manager

Hi Corina

We are glad the Someone like me service has been useful.

Remember we're here if you ever need to chat through anything.

Sending our love

Bernard

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Corina ❤️ Remember breast cancer now and everyone on the threads is here as much or as little as you need. Don’t try and process everything at once it is a lot to try and get your head round, do everything your own way and what works for you, you have to put yourself 1st even if you are not the type of person to put yourself 1st you must do what’s right for you each step 👭 and step by step you will get through. Mountain lion by strawberry blonde in hope and inspiration has helped a lot of us over the years, might be worth a read ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Corina

Thanks Shi, your words of encouragement mean a lot.

I have tried the "someone like me" service and I'm really pleased that it exists, it makes a huge difference to speak to someone on the phone who's been throught it all.

Corina

I'm pleased to hear you are in the clear, that's brilliant news.

Thanks for being honest about the reality of the treatment, that's what I need to prepare myself for. I guess no matter how long we wait or ask questions about the effect of treatment, we won't know until we go throught it.

My oncologist and the people I've spokent to said exactly that "put my trust on the doctors/nurses". Fingers crossed..

LouJP

Hi

I had TNBC and in lymph node too.

I had chemo, surgery and radio last year after being diagnosed in jan 2020x

I didnt question my treatment plan as put my trust in them.

Had ist clear mammogram in jan 2021.

I wont lie every stage was tough for different reasons but you will get through it and BCN will help you too.

Good luck

xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Corina 👭❤️Sorry you find yourself on here. A good book that helped me was surviving triple negative breast cancer by Patricia prijatel, she is a 2 x tnbc survivor. It’s not for everyone but it helped me. Remember everything is your choice regarding treatments but your teams have seen it all before and will tailor your treatments specifically for you. Do use the someone like me option on here and also ask the nurse or ring the number on the top. Breast Cancer Now is here for you as much or as little as you need it 👭 do keep asking away, others will pop on too to 👭 💕💕Shi xx

Corina

Recently diagnoses with TNBC..

Hello everyone

I'm a newbie. I had my conserving breast surgery about 3 weeks ago and have been told that I need to go through chemo followed by radiotherapy. I guess I don't have to tell you how frightened I am, mainly about the chemo and how I may or may not tolerate it as I can imagine you've all been there. I'm having 2nd opinion just to be reassured this is the right treatment for me. I've been told I'm getting EC (3 injections in space of 9 weeks) and Taxol weekly for 12 weeks.

I've only managed to read some of the messages here. You all are very brave and I wish you all the best to get through your treatment. I'll keep on reading, but if you had any advice about your decision making process please let me know.

Thank you x