Results day tomorrow - terrified

Hi

So I finally get the results of my mammogram and MRI tomorrow. It has been two weeks since my mammogram and 10 days since my MRI. Feels like we have been in limbo for so long. I am so scared about what the results might be. Is it treatable? Has it spread? Every ache and pain I feel I’m petrified it has spread to another part of my body. 

I know it’s a case of what will be will be but I can’t seem to see past tomorrow. We are going away to Center Parcs on Monday but I can’t motivate myself to start packing. I haven’t even made a list and I love a list!!
I’m trying to be excited for the girls but can’t think about anything else apart from this horrible thing in my body. I just want it out of me but I know it will probably be another long wait for the surgery - if that is my first stage of treatment. How long did anyone else have to wait for surgery/start treatment after receiving results/treatment plan? 

Thanks for listening

L x 

Hi L, It’s understandable that you are feeling so scared at the moment. The fear of the unknown is the worst kind. There is nothing to fight against at the moment until you know what exactly you will be dealing with. There are so many bespoke treatments these days that you can rest assured that whatever it is, it will be dealt with. There are also specific guidelines for cancer treatment. Once you have a diagnosis I believe that treatment has to start within 30 days. I had to wait exactly that for my surgery.

Try and hang on to the positives - you are alive and have children to love & care for. Good luck for tomorrow. There are lots of women on here that will be going through similar things and will be able to support you.

Hi L.

yes it is a terrifying time waiting for your results.  Its permanently in your head no matter what you do…   but…when you get them and they discuss your treatment plan with you,

then you have something to aim for.   I personally was kinda relieved … and when everything was in place i wrote on my calendar every date and what i would be having done.   Then i crossed each one off and on to the next session…

i had Triple Negative confirmed on 27th March,  more tests and scan and finally had my surgery on 16th April,  so i didnt wait long.

i have now finished my treatment,  still get some aches n pains but my hair is growing now as are my eyebrows n eyelashes.   It seemed a long tunnel but i have come out the other side and you will to.

pls let me know how you get on tomorrow with your results.  
mini mad xx ??