cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Results tomorrow

12 REPLIES 12
Nicky453

Re: Results tomorrow

Thanks jj , yes it’s pretty hard decision, I’m just trying to weigh it all up. Aintree was just what I needed . Made me feel normal even if it was just one day , paying for it today haha xxc

Nicky453

Hi mini mad , I’m so sorry you’ve had a reoccurrence that’s horrible. My onco score was 23 and I am er+ pr+ her2- . What score did you have if you don’t mind sharing? I’m really torn . I had a lumpectomy and 1 node removed which came back clear so its quite localised. I have 2 young kids aged 14 and 7 so also thinking about them. It’s just an awful situation to be in . 

JessJane

Mini mad. So sorry to hear (read) about your recurrence. Glad to know that you are taking a philosophical approach to this. It could have happened anyway regardless of  yourchemo decision just as you say. Sending you every possible good wish and a big hug. Rotten luck but onwards and upwards.

Nicky. Sounds like possibly good news but I have to agree with Mini Mad and say think long and hard ( sure you don’t need me to tell you this)

Even  very challenging ( chemo) times will pass. Wish the Oncotype result could have been a more conclusive β€˜yes’ or β€˜no’ for you as this decision must be difficult but whatever you choose I wish you all luck and offer all support. BTW How was Aintree?

mini mad

Hi Nicky453,

do you mind if i ask you what your oncotype score was ?

i was offered chemo in 2017 for triple negative bc.  Had WLE , 3 sentinel nodes removed and 15 sessions of radiotherapy.   I decided No chemo i would take a chance.

unfortunately i was diagnosed with recurrence breast cancer 10 days ago, same type as 2017 and same breast.  Now having scans hoping it hasnt spread.

do i regret not having the chemo ??  I have so say no,  would it have made a difference.... nobody can answer that...  am i just unlucky....  please give your decision a great deal of thought and whatever you decide i wish you good luck.  πŸ’–πŸ’–

Nicky453

Fantastic news ringing the bell. Big love xx

Nicky453

Well it’s my choice if I want chemo or not . Based on onco score 5% benefit from chemo . I am thinking I will go with radiotherapy and hormone tablets as the odds are in my favour but got until next Friday to decide so going to give it more thought . Thank you everyone for your kind words xx

Jewels994

Good luck xx

mini mad

Guess you are seeing your oncologist today for your results.  Just want to say good luck and be positive πŸ’–πŸ’– let us know yeah !! πŸ’–πŸ’–

JessJane

My last rads tomorrow Nicky. As  I ring the bell at Clatterbridge you will be at Aintree hopefully collecting your winnings!

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow. Will be thinking of you, crossing fingers and hoping your results appointment goes well.

Whatever happens tomorrow remember that your attitude makes you a winner!

big hug

JJ

Livelifetothefull

Good Luck tomorrow xxx

I felt just like you do- I saw the Oncologist on Tuesday to discuss treatment.  I was so nervous & prepared for the worst- but hoping for the best.  I feel very lucky to be informed that I just need Radiotherapy and Tamoxifen, no to chemo. 

Nicky453

Thank you xxx

Jac67

All the best for tomorrow xxx

Nicky453

Results tomorrow

Well tomorrow is results day with my oncologist. Hoping they say no chemo but if they do then I’m ready to get on with it . I’m off to aintree races straight after my appointment life will go on πŸΎπŸΎπŸ‡πŸΏπŸ‡πŸΏπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€keep positive ladies xxx