Rollercoaster of emotions

Only 2 days since diagnosis. Yesterday I was very positive and concentrating on a relatively early diagnosis having a potentially very successful outcome. Today started ok with my main worry being how to appear normal until the time that I decide it is right to speak to family. Then made the absolutely classic mistake of googling something - can’t even remember what it was - and ending up clicking on a site of ‘patients’ stories’. To say they were all pessimistic would be an understatement-from the parts that I read there didn’t appear to be any positives! I had to return to this forum just to look for a little bit of insight into how you all dealt with or are all currently dealing with the first days of diagnosis. 

Hi grannyp

You have unfortunately learnt the golden rule of this forum, and any other reputable cancer forum, the hard way. Don’t Google! The wider internet does so love a sensationalist sob story, the sadder the better. Confine your searches to this site, Macmillan, Cancer Research UK. You will find that you will track down any information you are after and within a context that is current, informed and balanced. 

The period of limbo and uncertainty that you are going through now is the hardest. Once you have a plan ahead of you everything will fall into place and gather momentum. On the plus side, reading your earlier post, your lump has been picked up by routine screening, it has been dealt with promptly, and you have had speedy biopsies. That’s an awful lot of positives right there! x