Seroma

Had my surgery 4 weeks ago and have had seroma. It’s been drained 4 times and i’m Going back on Monday for another drain. On antibiotics again as where one of the drains was is very red. The scar is atrocious . I don’t think it will ever be flat. This is going to delay my chemo probably. Feeling very fed up. I’m so tired and tearful. To be honest I’m fed up with being happy, smiley and strong. I’m trying to get some benefits. The endless waiting on the phone, filling in enormous forms and then having to go for interviews and assessments is adding more stress. What kind of a life is this? 

Hiya.  This hapened to me. Tho i had an implant. I had it drained loads, followed by antibiotics. Eventually had the implant renewed.  It did delay treatment but its all finished now. Try not to worry. The hosp staff are lovely and the women you meet are inspirational.   Take all the love, support and cwtches. My family and friends were of massive support. Still are 14 months on.  Be happy. Its hard. But we do worry and cry, when were on our own. Being brave for everyone else is normal too. Youll get through this, like all of us. This forum is a huge support too. Love ang. Xx

Hello - sorry you are feeling so fed up .Ive been through the benefits process too and it’s soul destroying, exhausting and degrading but now I have some income it does help take the pressure off .You are still recovering from surgery and having an infection will make you feel pretty grotty too - it will get better it is just maybe taking a little longer for you because of the post op complications .I had a seroma it is very uncomfortable - you will feel a lot better when that settles as it puts pressure on your scars.Mine was eventually re-absorbed by my body almost overnight after being drained twice ! Hope you feel better soon .Jill x

Hi
Macmillan could help. When I was on chemo I called them. Advised me on benifets and also helped me fill out forms.
Wishing you well on your journey
V x

Hi Drummerswidow, so sorry to hear you are feeling low. We all get like that sometimes, and you aren’t alone. As Mai says, walk the dogs, get some fresh air, and above all be kind to yourself. The PIP benefit is becoming a bit of an issue. The questions do need careful answering, and Macmillan, or the benefits advisor at a Maggies centre are undoubtably the people with authority to help. I have secondaries and I am part of a great support group. However, over the last year lots of the group have had their PIP reduced or refused, even if they have had an award before . I’m afraid the powers that be appear to be asking for verification that the applicant won’t live longer than 6 months! Be aware of question like dressing - yes, you may be able to get knickers on…but only if someone hooks them over your feet. No you can’t do up hooks and eyes on your bra, or open jars etc. My diagnosis describes my four mets as low volume so there is absolutely no chance of any additional payment. As I put my hand in my pocket, yet again, for easy cotton clothing I know just how you feel.  But…I’m still here, I’m doing well and I have a new wardrobe. ? Tomorrow is treat day with a pedicure. I wish you well, and hope you find your sparkle soon. X