Shocked that 2nd sneaky tumor found

7 REPLIES 7
Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: Shocked that 2nd sneaky tumor found

Great news !

Flossieboss

Thankyou. I had MRI on Monday, took lorazepam and it was ok. Good news is that only saw expected post op changes and nothing else so I'm good to go and will start radiotherapy on Monday. Bug relief! Bring on the boob burners....

Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck with the MRI . I had one with Loraxapam . 

Flossieboss

Having breast MRI tomorrow...taking lorazepam tonight and beforehand as I'm scared stiff. Also got such tiny boobs not even sure they'll show through the holes to the other side!

Jill1998
Community Champion

If you have this worry hanging over you ask about MRI on your other breast and speak to your surgeon / breast care nurse about how they will monitor you in future - hopefully that may re-assure you a bit .

Flossieboss

Thank you. Just feel that everyone celebrating the successful surgery and I can't get excited. Will this awful shadow be hanging over forever

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi , lobular cancer is notorious for not showing up on mammograms - it usually needs an MRI to confirm it’s existence and it’s size . Brilliant news your surgeon found it and got clear margins . If you are really worried maybe you could push for an MRI on the other breast ? 

Flossieboss

Shocked that 2nd sneaky tumor found

Finally got pathology results after a four week wait post op, had thought got 8mm grade one invasive carcinoma and it turns out surgeon found a second tumour, a 12mm lobular carcinoma, hiding round the back! Whilst I'm pleased they got clear margins and nothing in the lymph, I can't get excited because I'm so scared that this second one was hiding there all along... surgeon was as surprised as me to find it...and now I feel I should be chuffed but instead I'm frightened because what's to say there isn't a similar one hiding in other breast? Don't show up on mammogram or ultrasound. And clearly now I've got form...any advice welcome. I feel ungrateful and mixed up