cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry to appear thick

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Sorry to appear thick

Thank you everyone for you replies , all so kind . Sending you all lots of comfort xx 

Highlighted

Hi Suki301, 

Just wanted to say I’m really sorry a difficult and stressful time is being made worse by having your op cancelled several times. I hope you’ve got your friends and family supporting you, 

take care lovey 

lucy xx

Highlighted

Sending a gentle hug and a big thank you to all of the ladies on here. You are all so very brave.

I'm right at the beginning of my journey and am waiting for a mastectomy. Two op dates have come and gone only to be cancelled due to coronavirus. Ive been prescribed anastrozole in the interim but the wait is draining me. Just reading some of the threads on here has really help me ask the right questions re my diagnosis. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences xx

Highlighted

Hi Daffodil 

I have found myself in a similar situation to you, in that I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, 6 weeks ago. originally told that it was just an infection and there was no need to worry, since then I’ve had an mri scan, to be told it’s in my tumour is 6cm and in my lymph nodes too. I had Ct scan to be told the lymph nodes in my chest were enlarged, and if they were cancerous then my breast cancer could only be kept at bay. I also had nodes on my thyroid which needed checking. An ultrasound showed my thyroid was working normally and the nodes were down to age, I’m 59. I had a PET scan and the lymph nodes in my chest were equivocal but it hadn’t travelled to my organs. But before arranging treatment (which should be chemotherapy to shrink the tumour followed by mastectomy and then hormone therapy, I think, well that was the plan) they wanted me to have a biopsy on a lymph node above my collar bone. I went for this yesterday only to be told that the biopsy couldn’t be done due to the location, under a vein which if nicked could kill me and another that if nicked could paralyse me. This cancer was also diagnosed as an invasive ductal carcinoma which along the way has now become inflammatory breast cancer. I feel like I’m living a nightmare and it seems surreal as like you I do not feel ill at all. 
I do hope you get positive results, I empathise with the difficulties at this terrible time.

best wishes and good luck with your journey xxx

Highlighted

Hi Daffodil,

I had a secondary scare at one point so totally understand how you may be feeling right now.

A few things, take one day at a time, try not to race ahead, the onc team will work out what's best and advise accordingly.

I know its stressful waiting for results of scans. Clearly you won't know until you get the results, and if need be, and that is if, there are treatments which can help manage secondaries and while there aren't any guarantees in life, many women do live reasonable lives for a long time with secondaries.

Be kind and compassionate to yourself, if you can throw a window open (or get outside safely) really focus on listening to birdsong and such like since it may help you to calm your mind.

I used visualisation to help me keep calm when I felt like my mind was about to start racing when I was diagnosed...happy to expand if you'd like to try it.

Seabreeze XXX  

Highlighted

Hi Daffodil, 

I want to send you a huge gentle hug lovey, I can imagine that was quite a shock for you. I hope you’ve got your family and friends around you giving you lots of love and support, especially as you’re still recovering from the mastectomy. My diagnosis was quite different from yours so can’t give any advice but no doubt lots of lovely ladies on here will be able to help. 

Let us know how the scan goes, I’ll be thinking of you hoping it’s good news. 

Best wishes Lucy xx 

Highlighted

Hi , I had my phone call yesterday to say that , it was a good job I had mastectomy on my right breast as the tumour was over 6cm and that they removed all my lymph nodes and all of them except  2 were infected .
they arranged for me to have a scan this afternoon to check it hasn’t spread any where else and if it has they would only be able to keep it at bay . I’m so worried now .
They also the referring me to get my treatment plan arranged as they want me to have radiotherapy where the scar is and also above collar bone and chemo along with heparin injections every 3 weeks for a year .
still not taking it all in as feel so well .

Best wishes to you all and take care xx

Highlighted

Hi Daffodil,

When you see the oncologist you can ask for a copy of the diagnostic report. My onc printed the 1 page report off while I was there at a printer on her desk). Otherwise take a paper and pen and ask the oncologist for the details so you can jot it down. 

Going forward, future letters from the hospital after monitoring check-ups etc (or any other active treatments) usually state the type of bc, size, grade etc at the top of the letter.  

Wishing you all the best for your follow up appointment - and ditto fellow forum members comments about such questions - we all start somewhere - usually when it happens to us and we join this unique club! 

All the best

Seabreeze (nearly 6 years on and doing okay!) x

Highlighted

Hi daffodil

Me again. I’ve sent you a PM with my thoughts on this. Hope you read it xx

Highlighted

Hi 

Please don’t think you’re thick, no one knows this stuff until you go through it. I was given a description at diagnosis of the cancer I had but it was confirmed after my op when everything had been tested. I was sent a letter from the oncologist confirming everything as well. 

Hopefully on your follow up you’ll be told but be sure to ask as it’s important to know what you’ve actually had. 

I hope it’s all good news when you go back, take care xx 

Sorry to appear thick

Hi , when I read every ones threads on here people seam to know the type of breast cancer they have , is this something you find out after the operation, I had a mastectomy on right breast on 31st of March along with all my lymph nodes and due to speak to my consultant hopefully at the end of this week , is this when I will find out ? Sorry to appear thick but I really am in the dark with it all x