Spreading itchy rash worried ibc

Hi 

I feel like I’m in the deepest darkest whole ever. 

I had a lumpectomy 5 weeks ago and snb with 2 nodes removed .

All came back clear .

Last week I started with a red itchy rash over the site of surgery on my breast. 

3 lots of antibiotics later and my rash has continued to spread. 

It has now started over my lymph removal surgical site now too. 

So I have a complete red itchy sore left breast and the start of it over the other surgery.

I am absolutely convinced and petrified that I have Inflammatory breast cancer but am not being taken seriously. 

I have been going back to my consultant and speaking to my bcn continually.

I feel frustrated with my consultant as she talks over me and just says she is 100 %sure it isnt.

She hasnt said why she thinks it isnt and she doesnt know what it is either but its spreading. She initially thought it was localized infection but obviously not now that it isnt going . 

I cant start my radiotherapy next week now either. 

I’m petrified it is ibc because I have read that it can happen over the site of incision post op from lumpectomy.

I looked at pictures and mine looks like some of them. I have the red, itchy , inflamed sore rash and its spreading very quickly over the space of the last week.

I had been very lucky to to this point as my cancer was very small and my lymph nodes were clear too.

Can anybody help or advise me ? 

Has anybody experienced anything at all similar?

Hi Nat1972

I am sorry to read that this has been causing you concern.

Would chatting to someone in our nursing team help? You can reach us on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm), and we’re always eager to listen and help.

In the meantime I found this link about rashes that you may find useful. 

Sending best wishes

Bernard

Hello Nat, I am sorry you have this worry and I really hope your onco is experience enough to assess it. I’m not sure if it helps but I have had inflammation and rash for quite a long time after lumpectomy and even more impressive one after radio. I’ve used hydrocortisone epaderm and it settled eventually. Wishing you all the best, Anna