Started chemotherapy this week

I am new to this forum.  I was diagnosed with primary breast cancer in December and have just had my first FEC chemotherapy.  Since diagnosis I have been suffering from acute anxiety and been through some very difficult times in my head.  Also, my husband was diagnosed in January 2017 with bowel cancer that had spread to the liver which is inoperable so he has been on palliative care but is doing very well and has been a tremendous support to me.

i have found some of the comments inspirational and cheering so thought by joining the Forum would be able to get some much needed reassurance and support.

Hi NannyE

Sorry you find yourself on here, but we are all here to help and support in any way we can.  On the April 2019 chemo starters thread you will find lots of lovely ladies along with myself who have started the chemo treatment in April.  I have found the forum to be a great place and it helps to know that your thoughts and emotions are all completely normal in the situation that we are all in.  You will find it  a great source of support.

Debi 

?

Hi NannyE

Sorry that you find yourself on here but I hope to offer you some support and reassurance. I was diagnosed with an invasive tumour and a large area of DCIS last May/ June time. I had six rounds of chemotherapy. The first cycle was definitely the worst. I told the nurses my symptoms and they gave me medication to counteract these symptoms, so the cycles became easier. Remember that you WILL get through it and you will be stronger for it. I now have my old energy back, I am back at work and really appreciate life. I wish you, and your husband, the best of luck.

Best wishes

Jane xx