Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with emotions

4 REPLIES 4
Rebekah Brown

Re: Struggling with emotions

Hi!!,

thank you so much for replying, it’s definitely hard especially when people say aw you’re so young, it so nice to find somewhere to speak to people than understand how it feels!

bookish

Hi Rebekah

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, but you've found a great place here and well done for reaching out for the support that you need.

In case it helps any, I was your age when I was first diagnosed. I think it makes it extra difficult, as breast cancer is still seen as a disease for old(er) women. There are loads and loads of 'young women' groups these days to connect with and feel less alone in the shock of it all. And for what it's worth, I'm an ancient (grin) 40-something now so have all the hope that once this blip is over you've still got a long and happy life ahead of you xx

Rebekah Brown

Tili, 

thank you for your reply having something like this seems so comforting, I’m a mum too, my daughter Ayva is 1 and a half❤️
 I appreciate your love, I will definitely give them a ring, everything is very hazy and people explaining things helps, especially because you’re supposed to take in so much information all at one time 😅

Tili

Dear Rebekah,

As a mum, my heart is breaking for you. So young to be taking this on your shoulders, however so pleased you have found this site and hopefully all the wonderful ladies, together with nurses on this site will be able to help you with all your questions and make life a little easier for you.

Tomorrow, maybe if you feel able to give the nurses a call on this site, they are so kind, and caring. Have a pen and paper near by to write a new notes down I feel sure you will have great comfort.

Take care, please keep us posted on how you are getting on…..will be thinking of you. a big hug from me to you. With love Tili 🙏🌈

Rebekah Brown

Struggling with emotions

Hi, I’m 21 soon to be 22 and have been diagnosed with Stage 1B breast cancer, this really seems like nothing compared to the other stories I have read on here but I’m really struggling with emotions and being able to talk about it right now